riquelme-tiago swap deal? (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I don't understand some of the comments
Why is Ibra lazy? .. he does alot of work. He comes back in the mid for inter to help out, builds almost every attack and is in constant battle with defenders, holding the ball up.

Riquelme is lazy when it comes to defense but in attack everything runs through him and the amount of time he has on the ball is greater than any player on the field usually.
You don't remember how many offsides Ibrahimovic created just because he was walking back onsides while someone slotted him a through ball? That sort of nonchalant behavior was well-documented by several people here, including myself. In one match he was caught offsides three times for that nonsense. So instead of having a decent attack, it was wasted by Zlatan's laziness to get back onsides.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveAdam

Moggi santo..subito
Sep 12, 2006
Ibra is def lazy, Andy is spot on, so much attcking play wasted due to him, so frustrating to watch. Remember the CL game where we played virtually the whole 2nd half to give him a goal, him finally shinning one in. Was Brugges I think. He blew so many great chances due to just being lazy, yet the other 10 busted their balls to set him up.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
IMO we don´t stand a chance in signing Quaresma, at least not yet.

I doubt that our Board is even seriously interested in him.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Duo ready for Riquelme war

Inter and Juventus are ready to fight for Argentine midfielder Juan Roman Riquelme in January, but Real Madrid could pose a problem.

The gifted Riquelme is set to leave Villarreal in January, as relations with Coach Manuel Pellegrini remain frosty.

The 29-year-old scored twice in Argentina’s win over Bolivia last weekend and there could be a Derby d’Italia contest for his signature.

Roberto Mancini is looking for a replacement for the injured Luis Figo and defender Walter Samuel is hoping that his compatriot will join him at the San Siro.

“They say that Riquelme is slow and it makes me laugh,” the stopper nicknamed ‘The Wall’ remarked.

“With him the ball goes so quickly. He is a great trequartista and the kind of player you can rely on – I’d love to have him here at Inter.”

Riquelme came close to joining Atletico Madrid for around £6m in the summer and it is believed that a similar sum would be enough to secure the services of one of South America’s stars.

Juventus have reportedly been offered first refusal, but Inter are thought to have deeper pockets if a bidding war begins.

However, Spanish champions Real Madrid could step in as they have been tracking the unsettled star for over a year and the Merengues may make an offer that Riquelme is unable to refuse.

Football Italia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)