Riquelme Retirement: The Mother Of All Decisions (2 Viewers)

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Sianconeri, I don't know why you always have to start a fight. The way you wrote that statement, it looked really ignorant. But I'm gonna try to save your ass here a little bit. What I think Sianconeri means is that there's more respect shown to mothers' ( and parents in general) in the East.

For instance, not a single person would dare to put their father or mother in an old home. How many people here listen to everything their parents have to say? How many chose their line of carriers based on what their parents want? How many people here marry someone their parents want? How many people here would take their parents in to their home no matter what their situation finanically was, or no matter what the spouse said?

As "generalized" as that sounds, it's sort of true. I have almost never met anyone who takes care of their older parents, either because "Yea right! I'm gonna live with them!" or "My wife can't stand them". And I've NEVER met anyone who married a person because that's what their parents wanted, and I've NEVER met anyone who's studying something their parents wanted. The latter not being so common in the East either though.

How many can here honestly say that they've fulfilled what Sianconeri quoted up there? "Heaven lies beneath your mother's feet".

Don't mean offend anyone, but having lived pretty much on every continent in the world, I can say I know all this first hand.

Jul 23, 2006
Zé Tahir said:
Sianconeri, I don't know why you always have to start a fight. The way you wrote that statement, it looked really ignorant. But I'm gonna try to save your ass here a little bit. What I think Sianconeri means is that there's more respect shown to mothers' ( and parents in general) in the East.

For instance, not a single person would dare to put their father or mother in an old home. How many people here listen to everything their parents have to say? How many chose their line of carriers based on what their parents want? How many people here marry someone their parents want? How many people here would take their parents in to their home no matter what their situation finanically was, or no matter what the spouse said?

As "generalized" as that sounds, it's sort of true. I have almost never met anyone who takes care of their older parents, either because "Yea right! I'm gonna live with them!" or "My wife can't stand them". And I've NEVER met anyone who married a person because that's what their parents wanted, and I've NEVER met anyone who's studying something their parents wanted. The latter not being so common in the East either though.

How many can here honestly say that they've fulfilled what Sianconeri quoted up there? "Heaven lies beneath your mother's feet".

Don't mean offend anyone, but having lived pretty much on every continent in the world, I can say I know all this first hand.
:agree: but id rather not talk about issues that i have nothing to do with

OP
Sianconero

Sianconero

Dec 13, 2005
  • Thread Starter #44
    Jeeks said:
    I am Lebanese by the way, so there is no culture background difference.

Don't you think it is unfair for the remaining three to be called angry?

Again we have many deep diffrences. You know there are so much diffrences between Arabs and Persians. These diffrences have caused many wars between them. But now it's fool to even fight or discuss about it.

No it's not unfair. I'm not saying all of them are angry. I say generally they're angry. And generally means the most.

OP
    Sianconero

Sianconero

Dec 13, 2005
  • Thread Starter #45
    Zé Tahir said:

But I've met such these persons here.
    Yeah I've seen them.
    Mybe now their The less part but they are and there are many.

And If you feel offended I apologize you. Because I didn't know that generalization cn insult anybody.

But If I were you I'd use to speak more politely. Exactly the way JEEKS went.

OP
    Sianconero

Sianconero

Dec 13, 2005
  • Thread Starter #46
    Zé Tahir said:

If you read my post one more time you can understand that this sentence was not the thing I said it's true or should be.

I posted it to say that in our culture the importance of mother is like this. But everybody knows that most of us love ourselves and our life more than anything and we choose the way of life. But I should say that there are many people (Maybe you call them fool) who go the way that their parents want.

You haven't seen people who listen to their parents and go and marry for the second time while they have a wife who can't bring for them a baby.

You haven't seen people who are studying to be a doctor oly because their parents want

and so on.

Jul 23, 2006
    Sianconero said:
    If you read my post one more time you can understand that this sentence was not the thing I said it's true or should be.

I posted it to say that in our culture the importance of mother is like this. But everybody knows that most of us love ourselves and our life more than anything and we choose the way of life. But I should say that there are many people (Maybe you call them fool) who go the way that their parents want.

You haven't seen people who listen to their parents and go and marry for the second time while they have a wife who can't bring for them a baby.

You haven't seen people who are studying to be a doctor oly because their parents want

and so on.
    i agree with what u said, but the problem was that wt u posted had nothing to do with the topic(it could have easily been avoided)
    u didnt need to make the remark at the end of riquelme-retires post

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Sianconero said:
    Why you, my friends connect everything to racism?

I mean that there are many diffrences between East and Latina people in one side and west people in other side. Our feelings are diffrent. I said me as an East man can understand him. And if I were him I might do that too!

Don't call him stupid...because YOU think that he's fool. WE don't and we think it's the best deceision. You should not damn him because his feelings goes in a diffrent way from yours
    Latin America is kind of more in the west than Belgium. And so are Spain and Portugal for that matter. You can be as much of an Ossie as you want, but bear in mind that humanity all over the world shares the same emotions. Riquelme's feelings are no different than my own. If they were, I would not consider Riquelme human. It's the ability to say that Riquelme does not know the exact same feelings I do, and by that saying he's not human, that makes things such as the holocaust possible.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    Sianconero said:
    But I've met such these persons here.
    Yeah I've seen them.
    Mybe now their The less part but they are and there are many.

And If you feel offended I apologize you. Because I didn't know that generalization cn insult anybody.

But If I were you I'd use to speak more politely. Exactly the way JEEKS went.
    :wallbang:

What??

and where was I rude?

Ok, sorry for helping you out.

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    Zé Tahir said:

i see where you are coming fro tahir
    unfortuntely i see a lot of this in my work in the hospital where elderly people are living in homes away from their children.

i personally am a family oriented man, tomorrow and monday over the holiday weekend i will be laying flooring in my mums house, i always do these sorts of things for her, does not make me able to judge anyone or generalise anyone either.

however, this thread is derailed, i feel sorry for riquelme that he felt tat his mothers health was suffering due to his media attention. this may work out betetr for teh palyer and extend his club careera dn now argentina can start to build a team around messi.

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    roman is a weird player....on his day he can shred defences to pieces...bu when he is not in the right state of mind he sux real bad....he should go for therapy then he should be ok...i think its a rash decision on his part

SiccSense

Jul 4, 2006
    You guys don't need to bring religion, culture into every debate. We all know the truth anyway, Riquelme was so upset at the sight of David Beckhams exclusion from the England squad, he decided to protest and retire from international football.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)