Riquelme Retirement: The Mother Of All Decisions (2 Viewers)

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Sianconero said:
Why speaking about the diffrences between the cultures should coz problems?!:faq1:
I think it's perfectly obvious. You made sweeping and false generalisations. It's the height of arrogance, and completely uncalled for.

Jul 23, 2006
Sianconero said:
Why speaking about the diffrences between the cultures should coz problems?!:faq1:
although the comment had nothing to do with me, but if some1 wer to talk about islam and the midlle east in the same way, am sure i wouldve got pissed(even if its something lame and stup!d)

OP
Sianconero

Sianconero

Dec 13, 2005
  • Thread Starter #26
    mikhail said:
    I think it's perfectly obvious. You made sweeping and false generalisations. It's the height of arrogance, and completely uncalled for.
    I think you're misunderstanding.

I didn't offend anything.

Me, personally think west culture is more useful in this century.

I said I can understand his feelings because me and he have close cultures.

It's obvious that all the cultures have built this world. But you can't ignore the diffrences. Every culture has got good and bad points both.

For example about this subject (I mean Riqueleme's deceision), Our culture worships it. We have a sentence that says "Heaven is under the feet of the mothers"

But me personally think that respect and love to my mother should not make me not be succeed.

Finally I say this I didn't say that if this deceision is good or bad. I said I can understand his situation more because the close cultures that we have

OP
    Sianconero

Sianconero

Dec 13, 2005
  • Thread Starter #27
    juventus710 said:
    although the comment had nothing to do with me, but if some1 wer to talk about islam and the midlle east in the same way, am sure i wouldve got pissed(even if its something lame and stup!d)
    Oh please don't connect it to Religion. I'm speaking about the feelings of humen.

Not racism. not religion. not anything

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Sianconero, your comment made it look like in your cultures, you love mothers more than the west does. This is just a generalization.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Sianconero said:
    Oh please don't connect it to Religion. I'm speaking about the feelings of humen.

Not racism. not religion. not anything
    What he meant is that you generalized an idea on the western culture and he would have felt offended if someone generalized on his religion or his culture. He did not connect religion to anything.

OP
    Sianconero

Sianconero

Dec 13, 2005
  • Thread Starter #30
    Jeeks said:
    Sianconero, your comment made it look like in your cultures, you love mothers more than the west does. This is just a generalization.

Oh JEEKS. How are you?! You didn't reply to me. I'll ask again: Do you marry me?!!:D

Ok. about the generalization that you mentioned, let me say a general sentence:

In east feeling is more. But in west logical mind is more

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Sianconero said:
    Ok. about the generalization that you mentioned, let me say a general sentence:

In east feeling is more. But in west logical mind is more
    This is a very blunt generalization, yes.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Sianconero said:
    Ok. But why this generalization should hurt the heart of many people?!!!!!!
    Usually generalizations are considered ignorant and immature comments by many people. And I believe that as well. When one generalizes, one does say something about a certain group which might not be true for all the indivduals in the group. When the subject is about religion, personal feelings, or any other related issue, it makes those involved insulted.

Not anything you post causes trouble, you post good stuff, just be careful about certain things for next time.

OP
    Sianconero

Sianconero

Dec 13, 2005
  • Thread Starter #35
    Jeeks said:
    Usually generalizations are considered ignorant and immature comments by many people. And I believe that as well. When one generalizes, one does say something about a certain group which might not be true for all the indivduals in the group. When the subject is about religion, personal feelings, or any other related issue, it makes those involved insulted.

Not anything you post causes trouble, you post good stuff, just be careful about certain things for next time.

Ok... I didn't know this. And I think it's again because of diffrent cultures. If I knew I would not say that. But when we generalize we don't mean all the individuals are so. We mean most of them. for example if from 10 people more 7 of them are angry we say they're an angry group.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    His motivations for international retirement are a tad touchy so it's better not to go there, and who are we to question the validity of his concerns anyway. It is a disappointment not only extending to the Argentines though, he was a rare breed I will miss seeing more of on the international stage.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Sianconero said:
    Ok... I didn't know this. And I think it's again because of diffrent cultures. If I knew I would not say that. But when we generalize we don't mean all the individuals are so. We mean most of them. for example if from 10 people more 7 of them are angry we say they're an angry group.
    I am Lebanese by the way, so there is no culture background difference.

Don't you think it is unfair for the remaining three to be called angry?

Ascension

Sep 16, 2005
    It's his life, his choices and his consequences.

I honestly never saw Riquelme as the big star he was made out to be. An okay player, but nothing more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)