Rio Antonio Mavuba (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
Bordeaux midfielder Rio Antonio Mavuba has revealed that Juventus would be his first-choice destination should he leave the Stade Chaban-Delmas.

The recently-capped France international told FIFA magazine: "Juventus are the club of my dreams but I would not mind playing for Arsenal or Real Madrid either.

"I want to play abroad but not yet, I have a contract with Bordeaux until 2007, I've got time."

Mavuba only made his debut for Bordeaux in January of last year but his sensational form in Ligue 1 earned him a call up to the France squad in October.

The 20-year-old, who started for Les Bleus in the 0-0 draw with the Republic of Ireland, was voted player of the tournament when France won the Under-20 crown in Toulon last summer.

"After the tournament in Toulon and Raymond Domenech's appointment as national Coach, I thought things could move quickly - but I never thought it would be this quick," he added.

Mavuba, whose father played for Zaire in the 1974 World Cup, was born on a boat in the Atlantic after his parents fled the civil war in Angola.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
He is supposed Patrick Vieira's "Heir Apparent." Mavuba has good all around skills and ability, much like Vieira, however Rio does not have the size of his French compatriot. He should become one of the best defensive mids in the world over the next few years. Mavuba will probably form a nice partnership in midfield with Beniot Pedretti for Les Bleus after the next World Cup.

Webber

Feb 27, 2005
We don't need him. If Juve wants to play more attractive footbal, than we mustn't play with 2 DMs any more. So we've got Emerson and Blasi, which is totaly enough for some 4-3-1-2.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Webber ] ++
We don't need him. If Juve wants to play more attractive footbal, than we mustn't play with 2 DMs any more. So we've got Emerson and Blasi, which is totaly enough for some 4-3-1-2.
We will certainly need him once Emerson is no longer able to give his best. And come on, I don't know about you but I would rather have a player like Mavuba instead of Blasi.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #10
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

We will certainly need him once Emerson is no longer able to give his best. And come on, I don't know about you but I would rather have a player like Mavuba instead of Blasi.
    Just because I don't know Mavuba, why would you prefer him over Blasi? As i understood they are almost the same age and play the same position...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++

Just because I don't know Mavuba, why would you prefer him over Blasi? As i understood they are almost the same age and play the same position...
    Mavuba has better ball skills than Blasi, something that is important if we keep playing this 4-4-2 system because we need two central middies who can do it all: defend and attack. Blasi can only do the former and offers little with the ball.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    i think moggi cant afford to neglect any area in the team. we lack something in just about every area.

Emerson is great, Blasi is good at times, but tacchinardi and appiah are far from good these days. So getting someone like this player will be good as he is young and would be good back up for what we have now.

We lossed out on mascherano by the sounds of things and i think it would be stupid to lose out another good prospect.

yes a playmaker is needed, but so are defenders and defensive midfielders as well as forwards, most back ups, but some starting.

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    we can always buy another DM after emo is out, he still have some years to serve juve,
    we dont have to invest now, talents come and go all the time
    and since we dont have money we sould take care our problems first

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++
    we need offensive midfielders who create chances , we dont want dfensve ,we have 5 of them:(
    yes but only one of them is class! (Emerson)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)