Rio Antonio Mavuba (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2006
Werder Bremen have confirmed their interest in signing Bordeaux midfielder Rio Mavuba, but admit that the French international may be too pricey.

Bremen coach Thomas Schaaf is keen to bolster his squad ahead of next season and the 23-year-old defensive midfielder would certainly fit into his plans.

Mavuba has made no secret of his desire to leave Les Girondins this summer but the French club are holding out for fee in the region of €8million (£5.5million).

Bremen director of sport Klaus Allofs, a former Bordeaux player, believes it will be difficult for the Weser Stadion club to sign Mavuba.

"There is a rather limited chance that he will join us, he is not a priority," Allofs told Kicker.

"Bordeaux won't lower their transfer demands."

Mavuba's excellent form has not gone unnoticed in Europe and Arsenal, Valencia and Juventus have all been linked with him in recent months.

Apr 19, 2007
We better rap this deal up quik bc its gettin annoying that we have no new signings but it might be bc we have no coach and I bet as soon as we get a coach signed(Lippi hopefully) we will get 1-3 signings within a week.

Apr 19, 2007
But we should have enough money for the both of them with alot left over if they are both around 8. I thought we had around 100 million to spend or is this for other things besides just the transfer market.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
no we have more money, but not the whole 100 million. What I meant was they are too focused on bringing a squad player to the club when they should be focusing on a player like Mavuba who could be a key player of our midfield for next season.

Apr 19, 2007
Yeah I definately agree with that...we need him and Ianquinta to be made public and I will be so happy if I see the pics of them with Juve shirts in their hands. The main thing is to keep the big players we have now such as Buffon,Trez, and Camo.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
if Mavuba comes I want to him to continue the French tradition of wearing the number 21. The 2 players before him that wore it were both French and were class for us.

Apr 19, 2007
Im not saying there are 0 black people in France but how do they get to play for the French team if they werent born in France. And I am not Racist at all some of my favorite players are black including Davids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)