Rio Antonio Mavuba (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
Utd were our biggest competition for Mavuba. In terms of fanbase, trophy's, money, Utd and Juve are ahead of Arsenal and Valencia. Im was pessimistic about the "super offer" being from Juve, but it certainly seems more likely now.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
maybe utd gave the super offer before they got Hargreaves and thus now are going to withdraw their mavuba offer.

But hopefully it was Juve's, even though i've never seen him play

Jul 15, 2006
The France international is being linked with moves to some of Europe's finest, including Manchester United, Juventus and The Gunners.

However, Mavuba believes with the likes of Gilberto Silva, Denilson and Abou Diaby already vying for starts under Arsene Wenger, competition at the Emirates may be too fierce.

"Arsenal and Juventus? They are both big clubs," the 23-year-old told But!

"Arsenal are a super team with a fantastic coach, but they also have a lot of defensive midfielders."

With Euro 2008 on the cards for Mavuba next summer, he is keen to make the right choice in order to cement his international place.

Mavuba, who has not ruled out extending his stay with Bordeaux, knows his next footballing decision could have a major impact on his life.

"I may have played my last match at Stade Chaban-Delmas. No, in fact, I don't know for the moment," he continued.

"I have a choice to make for my career. I know that it is a big juncture in my life. I am 23 and have several opportunities.

"I can't make a mistake ahead of the 2008 European championship. If I have to go, I will ask for certain conditions.

"I am not ruling out any offers or ideas. I know what I have with Bordeaux, but I am not sure of what is expecting me elsewhere."

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx...+hint&lid=&channel=Football_Home&f=rss&clid=3

May 15, 2007
The France international is being linked with moves to some of Europe's finest, including Manchester United, Juventus and The Gunners.

However, Mavuba believes with the likes of Gilberto Silva, Denilson and Abou Diaby already vying for starts under Arsene Wenger, competition at the Emirates may be too fierce.

"Arsenal and Juventus? They are both big clubs," the 23-year-old told But!

"Arsenal are a super team with a fantastic coach, but they also have a lot of defensive midfielders."

With Euro 2008 on the cards for Mavuba next summer, he is keen to make the right choice in order to cement his international place.

Mavuba, who has not ruled out extending his stay with Bordeaux, knows his next footballing decision could have a major impact on his life.

"I may have played my last match at Stade Chaban-Delmas. No, in fact, I don't know for the moment," he continued.

"I have a choice to make for my career. I know that it is a big juncture in my life. I am 23 and have several opportunities.

"I can't make a mistake ahead of the 2008 European championship. If I have to go, I will ask for certain conditions.

"I am not ruling out any offers or ideas. I know what I have with Bordeaux, but I am not sure of what is expecting me elsewhere."

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx...+hint&lid=&channel=Football_Home&f=rss&clid=3
hopefully this means hes close to us

Mar 28, 2007
Arsenal and Juventus? They are both big clubs," the 23-year-old told But!

obviously, his mind is up. he is choosing juve over arsenal. =D

JuveGER

Mar 10, 2006
From http://www.calciomercato.com/index.php?c=23&a=43534

BUFFON;
ZEBINA, GRYGERA, CHIELLINI, SALIHAMIDZIC;
CAMORANESI, ALMIRON, MAVUBA, NEDVED;
DEL PIERO, HUNTELAAR(TREZEGUET O KANOUTE');

MIRANTE;
CRISCITO, BOUMSONG, MOLINARO, BALZARETTI;
MARCHISIO, MARCHIONNI, C.ZANETTI, BENTIVOGLIO;
IAQUINTA, PALLADINO;
This better be a joke. That's only a slight improvement to our current team. We need more. Almiron was good for Empoli, but we don't know if he can deal with the pressure as a Juventus player and continue his form consistently. Same goes for Mavuba even more. Grygera is good (but not great) as a right back, but no leader as CB. Even Chiellini is not good enough on that position IMO.

Basically it says that we will only buy Almiron and Mavuba if Trez doesn't leave. Those are definately no "Big signings" and I don't see how these signing guarantee us to be "competetive".

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Rio Mavuba is gonna sign for us, 8 mil. €. It's not official, but will be soon. WONDERFUL NEWS!

"Ce n'est pas officiel, mais ça y est, Rio Mavuba signera avec la Juventus de Turin pour la saison prochaine et celles à venir.
C'est un pur produit bordelais qui nous quitte et on espère qu'il franchira enfin ce palier pour être international plus souvent, plus régulièrement.
Merci pour tout Rio, et à bientôt !"

Source: www.girondins4ever.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)