Right midfielder... (1 Viewer)

Jul 28, 2002
id be happy for camo to sit in the doghouse, if he doesnt perform consitantly he will loose his place to the younger oli.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
From what I saw last night Olivera definitely has what it takes to make an impact and keep Camoranesi out of the team. Capello has already shown that he's not like Lippi and he'll drop anyone (he dropped vice captain Tacch for Blasi yesterday) and unless Camo can refind the form he displayed when he first joined the club, he doesn't deserve to start ahead of Olivera.

OP
44BigBert

44BigBert

Aug 20, 2004
  • Thread Starter #5
    yeah...camo has excellent skill but he is too inconsistant. perhaps olivera can boost him to train harder and play better.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
    If we'll buy a LB then Zambrotta can play at RM, but IMO there is no need to play Zambrotta at RM when there's Olivera, who has proven to be a great player. What we need is a LM, so we can play Neddy at the centre.

Jul 28, 2002
    jank is the answer, both lb and lm covered...jank is the man, or Patrice Loko if we were trying something special.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    I am optimistically cautious on Olivera - Liked him when he against Chievo but havent seen enough of him to really comment.
    As far as I am concerned, Camo isnt consistent enough IMO to be Juve regular, and too casual with the ball. Olivera seems to have a feel of Trequarsista than a natural winger IMO, but at such young age trying out other positions wouldnt hurt. However, lets not jump the ship too early. I am going to wait until I see him play in Serie A.
    As for Capello, I am happy that he is willing to take risks on young players, and lets hope that likes of Blasi, Olivera, Chiellini, Appiah can keep up the good work. While I am sceptical of us winning major trophies, I am beginning to believe that we may be competitive and have enough to build for the future.:)

OP
    44BigBert

44BigBert

Aug 20, 2004
  • Thread Starter #11
    i would prefer zambrotta plays as LB rather than RM too. at least we have choices on RM position. At this moment, no one can replace zambrotta if we don't sign a new one.

Jul 28, 2002
    jun that would be true, if kapo , oli and co get their chance.....but i aint 100% sure yet.

We still havent even properly attempted to fix our ageing defence....:groan:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    Actually, he dropped Tacchi for olivera. Remember that in the first match we played all three of them ;)
    Yes, but position wise Tacchinardi lost his place to Blasi ;)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    Yeah, but if Zambrotta stays at LB, we dont need a LM as Zambi covers both defense and attack.
    That's what I love about having him at LB in a 4-4-2 with Neddy on the left. Zambro is going to push up with great frequency giving Pavel even more license to drift central. Playing Zamboy and Nedved on the left gives this team the necessary versatility to switch from 4-4-2 to 4-3-1-2 with ease.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    Yeah, the formation IMO looks something like this:

--------Del Piero Trezeguet----------

---------------Nedved---------------

-----------Blasi Emerson Olivera---

Zambrotta Montero Thuram Birindelli

---------------Buffon-------------------

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)