Right midfielder... (1 Viewer)

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++
I am optimistically cautious on Olivera - Liked him when he against Chievo but havent seen enough of him to really comment.
As far as I am concerned, Camo isnt consistent enough IMO to be Juve regular, and too casual with the ball. Olivera seems to have a feel of Trequarsista than a natural winger IMO, but at such young age trying out other positions wouldnt hurt. However, lets not jump the ship too early. I am going to wait until I see him play in Serie A.
As for Capello, I am happy that he is willing to take risks on young players, and lets hope that likes of Blasi, Olivera, Chiellini, Appiah can keep up the good work. While I am sceptical of us winning major trophies, I am beginning to believe that we may be competitive and have enough to build for the future.:)
Full agree, great post again Jun-hide...

and Z, we won't win trophies with that kind of line-up...

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
44BigBert

44BigBert

Aug 20, 2004
  • Thread Starter #22
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    Yeah, the formation IMO looks something like this:

--------Del Piero Trezeguet----------

---------------Nedved---------------

-----------Blasi Emerson Olivera---

Zambrotta Montero Thuram Birindelli

---------------Buffon-------------------
    i think at the beginning of the season, zebina will play the RB instead of Birindelli, zebina is capello's favourite.
    he can keep this position if he performs well.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
    He, there is nothing to worry about IMO.
    We have the best goalkeeper, a very good striking force and a perfect midfield. We will only need 2 new players, and we are set, and believe me, we will buy. We are known to buy at the beginning and at the end of mercato!

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
    I'm just very worried about the defense... We just got to buy someone... But yeah, just a week left, we'll know better next week...

neath_lad

Jun 25, 2004
    well i didnt know what to think about olivera but when he came on in the 1st leg of the champ league qualify in turin he changed the game and got us the 2-2 draw after being 2 down. he actually ran with the ball, created emerson goal and made a big impact. before he came on nobody was attackin for us.

OP
    44BigBert

44BigBert

Aug 20, 2004
  • Thread Starter #31
    Olivera is very impressive so far, but at this moment, I think he still need more matches to prove himself.

For long run, he will be better than Camo, no doubt.

It is great to see this battle of the RM position, it means our squad is deep and we have choices.

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

That's what I love about having him at LB in a 4-4-2 with Neddy on the left. Zambro is going to push up with great frequency giving Pavel even more license to drift central. Playing Zamboy and Nedved on the left gives this team the necessary versatility to switch from 4-4-2 to 4-3-1-2 with ease.
    Correct. And it would be stupid to change this when it works so well. IMO Zambrotta is better as a LB than a RM. Its completely irrelevant what he has played before, because he has now developed to the best LB in the world, and todays LB/RB are very attacking in modern football. Zambrotta is better when he comes from the back deep, plus he's a good defender. Zambrotta has personally said he thinks he is better as a LB than a RM.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    olivera has put a lot of pressure on camoranesi. best options are:

1. olivera
    2. nedved used on the right
    3. zambrotta used there.

then 4. would be camoranesi.

im really surprised camo wasnt sold or swapped this summer.

May 4, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
    olivera has put a lot of pressure on camoranesi. best options are:

1. olivera
    2. nedved used on the right
    3. zambrotta used there.

then 4. would be camoranesi.

im really surprised camo wasnt sold or swapped this summer.
    :confused:

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Juve_Kosova ] ++

:confused:
    i meant in that preference. i would have olivera starting at RM. if he couldnt start, id choose nedved, hence, play kapo on the left and move nedved to the right. then if nedved couldnt play there for some reason, ie. injured, i would choose Zambrotta and probably play with chiellini at left back for that one off occasion.

Camo to me is last resort...i despise seeing him on the field.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)