Riccardo Montolivo - CM - Fiorentina (23 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Why do you keep thinking this? Why would we bench Marchisio? Our 3 MAN MIDFIELD OF CENTRE MIDFIELDERS is our strength. Marchisio is not a LM, I don't if you play too much FIFA or FM or what but he's not a LM unless you're living 8 months behind everyone else with Del Neri's Juve. Actually, come to think of it, you probably are, since greece is a shithole and the tv stations have been so broke that they are months behind.
-rep, that was a stupid last sentence.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
One main problem with montolivo's transfer, is that he knows that if he comes here he'll be just a reserve to pirlo. While in Milan they can guarantee him a first team spot ( they can simply not buy aquilani at the end of the season) and instead get montolivo for free !!

Knowing how Milan "absolutely" love those free buys, I can really see galiani convincing Montolivo.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Milan will be obligated to buy Aquilani if he plays 20 games or so.
Then they'll play him in 19 games only. It's Milan we're talking here, the cheapest ass club in Europe.

Like I said, if it's an option between paying +10 million for Aqua or getting Motolivo for free. I'd bet on Milan trying their best to get Monto for free.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I don't want to repeat what has been said lots of times, Cron, but you're repeating yourself a lot and some of your thoughts show lack of understanding what is happening, despite some of your thesis being spot on.

After long time we're finally topping serie A at winter, which says that something is done correctly. According to you and many others, it's Conte who did this "miracle". Conte found that the 4-3-3 formation is the best for this set of players and, obviously, the three men midfield is the biggest strength of the team since all three men there are quality.
Since you don't change what's bringing you wins and Conte obviously won't change the 3 men midfield, we'll need to create our team having the 4-3-3 formation and the 3 men midfield in mind.

This means that for a 25 men squad, of which 11 players will start the match in a 4-3-3 formation, we will need:
- 2 goalkeepers
- 2 right backs
- 4 center backs
- 2 left backs
- 6 CMs
- 6 attacking players
+
3 additional players (the third goalkeeper and two others, preferably versatile players who can cover 2 or more positions)

Do you agree with this, at least?

If you do, lets continue: Our main strength, the 3 CMs, don't have replacements, except Pazienza. If one of Vidal, Pirlo and Marchisio is out for a month or more, would you like Pazienza to be the first option? I believe you don't. That's why it would be great to have 2 other CMs, one of which at least will have to be quality. You say that Felipe Melo can be that player and I won't mind at all if he is, but Melo won't come back to be a reserve. He was problematic even as a starter. That's where buying a solid player like Montolivo could help this team. Shortly: We do need two new CMs of which at least one needs to be quality. Montolivo definitely isn't a world beater, but he's a very good player and probably better than anything else we could do there right now.

We continue with the attackers. We need 6 attacking players for the 4-3-3 and I'll make it 7, just in case. Right now we have 12 such players! Toni, Del Piero, Vucinic, Quag, Krasic, Pepe, Giaccherini, Amauri, Iaquinta, Estigarribia, Matri and Elia. We need to get rid of 5 of them. Toni, Amauri and Iaquinta are three. If it's Del Piero's last season, that makes it 4. We need to get rid of one of the wingers too. Since only Quag, Matri and Mirko will be the strikers left, we will need to add one more attacker and get rid of one other winger.

Do you finally understand what we're all saying and why we are disagreeing with you? You say we don't need attackers and CMs, but we obviously do.

As for the defense, you're spot on there. We surely need a new LB and we also need some other options for the bench.
A little off topic here, but do you really think Montolivo would be ok sitting on the bench? Or do you think he might be rotated with Marchisio/Vidal?

Personally i don't think Montolivo would be accepting of a bench role, if he goes to Milan he will probably displace the lazy Aquilani.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
A little off topic here, but do you really think Montolivo would be ok sitting on the bench? Or do you think he might be rotated with Marchisio/Vidal?

Personally i don't think Montolivo would be accepting of a bench role, if he goes to Milan he will probably displace the lazy Aquilani.
I believe that we'll do "a Milan" if we buy Montolivo. There you can see Ambrosini, Van Bommel, Nocerino and Aquilani rotated over and over again. One of them, and usually always a different player, starts the match from the bench. That's what will happen if we buy Montolivo. Aquilani started 6 matches this season from the bench, which will happen to Montolivo too if he signs for Milan and the same will probably happen to him if he signs for Juve. In neither of the two teams he will have a guaranteed starting spot.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
The wall of text was a very good post alen, sums it up very nice.

I have even another reason to justify monty comming here

Versatility.

With pazienza we got a pure defensive sub, however, both marchisio and pirlo, cant be subbed when we are drawing or losing the game. monty gives the ability to change both whilst keeping good creativity in the midfield, and also some defensive sturdiness
i can even see him replace pirlo at some point, if he is out of form

conclusion, monty adds versatility and choise to CM

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I'd imagine if we sign Monty in January/June, we'll see a lot of rotation between he and Pirlo throughout the season. There is no way Monty will come here to be a constant bench player who will only play when Pirlo is injured or extremely fatigued.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Pirlo is 33 turning 34.

we have no idea if he is able to maintain his current form through a whole season...Even if he did, next season with us playing in 3 competitions, we will need anoter player in that position anyway.

my preference would have been to loan someone for the winter and in the summer spend money on a quality player like Hernanes.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
i'll be mad if we dont make an offer for him.

lazio are a fairly easy club to hustle their player for.

it's not like fabregas and De Rossi are on the market. so for Hernanes would be perfect.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I'd love Hernanes here, but he can be a 2013 purchase, as opposed to a 2012 one. We need a quality starter instead of Pepe, a quality LB, a quality CB, and a guy to bang in the goals for those CL nights ;)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
1) Shaqiri/Ozil/Ramirez (recall Gio, and get Afellay on loan as well; I'm greedy, I know, but I have a feeling Krasic and Elia won't be here next season) :D

2.)Benzema or Damiao instead of Higuain

3) Fuck Kolarov; get Ansaldi or some new/young and upcoming promising LB

4) Hummels :agree:

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
I believe that we'll do "a Milan" if we buy Montolivo. There you can see Ambrosini, Van Bommel, Nocerino and Aquilani rotated over and over again. One of them, and usually always a different player, starts the match from the bench. That's what will happen if we buy Montolivo. Aquilani started 6 matches this season from the bench, which will happen to Montolivo too if he signs for Milan and the same will probably happen to him if he signs for Juve. In neither of the two teams he will have a guaranteed starting spot.
Instead of paying whatever for aquilani next summer, they've got an option of getting even a better player like Montolivo for free!! There is no way that Milan will let such a bargain ( they looove these kind of deals) to pass by without seriously trying to get him.

Even fiorentina's officials said that milan are trying to convince Monto to sign for them next summer.

Bottom line is, we really "need" Montolivo to help us for the rest of this season and this transfer in particular will showcase Marotta's ability of negotiating and convincing players to come here. It's gonna be a Galiani vs Marotta sort of transfer.

If we manage to sign Montolivo then I'll have full "faith" in Marotta in the near future and if not then we're simply screwed as long as this guy is here.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Pirlo is 33 turning 34.

we have no idea if he is able to maintain his current form through a whole season...Even if he did, next season with us playing in 3 competitions, we will need anoter player in that position anyway.

my preference would have been to loan someone for the winter and in the summer spend money on a quality player like Hernanes.
Pirlo is 32, but your point still stands. We do need an experienced, vice Pirlo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)