Riccardo Montolivo - CM - Fiorentina (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Pirlo is 33 turning 34.

we have no idea if he is able to maintain his current form through a whole season...Even if he did, next season with us playing in 3 competitions, we will need anoter player in that position anyway.

my preference would have been to loan someone for the winter and in the summer spend money on a quality player like Hernanes.
Andrea Pirlo, Ufficiale OMRI (born 19 May 1979 in Flero, Lombardy). Pirlo is 32, turning 33 in about 5 months.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Instead of paying whatever for aquilani next summer, they've got an option of getting even a better player like Montolivo for free!! There is no way that Milan will let such a bargain ( they looove these kind of deals) to pass by without seriously trying to get him.

Even fiorentina's officials said that milan are trying to convince Monto to sign for them next summer.

Bottom line is, we really "need" Montolivo to help us for the rest of this season and this transfer in particular will showcase Marotta's ability of negotiating and convincing players to come here. It's gonna be a Galiani vs Marotta sort of transfer.

If we manage to sign Montolivo then I'll have full "faith" in Marotta in the near future and if not then we're simply screwed as long as this guy is here.
Many good points.
I do believe that Milan will try to get Monti and might easily be the ones who get him. I don't think though that Monti will mean the end of Aquilani or that keeping Aquilani will mean no Monty. At least that's not how Galliani thinks now, imo. Aquilani is having a good half season. Afterall, he's the 2nd best assistman in serie A. From our experience we know that Aquilani could have a horror second half of the season and he does have a nasty injury record. But if he keeps playing the way he's playing, Milan will try to keep him.

Afterall, I see in Milan's official site that Aquilani was bought with an obligation to buy at the end of the season. He needs to play some 7 more matches iirc to make the move permanent. I think that Milan won't miss the chance to get Aquilani for a relatively low price (~10m eur) and add Montolivo to the midfield thus get two decent midfielders for only 10m eur or so.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
since greece is a shithole and the tv stations have been so broke that they are months behind.
is this freakin forum moderated or not??
May i respond in the same tone and go unpunished??

I was right about this poster, he has shown his real colors here and probably the reason he is keep stalking me.
MODS unleash hell!!!

we play 4-3-3
marchsio pirlo vidal are starter cm
our subs are pazienza and marone ?
if pirlo is subbed, we move pepe to CM
we dont need a LM, we got vucinic, and if we get borriello we got plenty of LW cover
we need a pirlo sub,so we arent foced to move pepe around to cover the midfield
monty, borry, and for the right price a LB
but since our defence is good enough for scudetto
disagree ? we took al the big teams away and still got second best defence in league, AND bonucci is improving form lately.
for europe we need a LB, so it can be a summer objective
We dont play 4-3-3, we dont use a trident or a playmaker behind the 2 forwards.
We only use 2 forwards, 4 midfielders and 4 defenders.
Pepe is our right lateral midfield, Pirlo the deep playmaker, Vidal the offensive CM ahead of him and Marchisio at the lateral left side.
After all the tweaking, Conte has concluded to this midfield as all of our available left sided options are rubbish.

For the same reason we moved Chiellini from the middle to the left side.
If you watched the creation of our team from August you will understand.
If we had a left sided Pepe, we wouldnt field a CM or a SS on the left, but Giacche is just not good enough.

Other times we play with just one forwards, a 4-1-3-1
defense-Pirlo-Vucinic/Giacche on the left,Marchisio/Vidal,Pepe-Matri

Because we have a surplus of quality subs of CMs and SSs, we use them out of position instead of our natural LMs, due to their crappy quality.

It really is that simple!!

If we were not having the quality surplus of CMs znd SSs we wouldnt try that.
When the season started we were expecting to field Pirlo and Vidal in the center, with Marchisio, Piazenza and Marronne as their subs.
So we opted to loan out Melo.
Were Marrotta blowed was in the left side, we made awful decisions and we had to adapt.
So Conte had to come up with those 2 quick fixes for the left flank.
Because Marchisio feels he cannot offer his full potential on the left flank, he asked for a more central role and so Conte demanded a more advancing role from Chielini.

Chiellini is though now more defensive orientated and he struggles with mediocre performances.

To adjust the whole situation we need a dedicated quality LB, so that Chiellini will bring his best and Bonucci benched untill he becomes as good as Barzagli. Our defense will be balanced again.
And a quality starter LM, no Elia type of compromises.
So again we will have 5CMs for 2 positions.

As an alternative we keep Chiellini on the left and buy a new CB starter.
And with both Vucinic and Quaq available we turn one into a LM (and again free one CM) or even better switch to a real 4-3-3 with the trident of Vucinic-Matri-Quaq (esp if we sign Borriello and keep Iaq)

If we deal with our real issues, the theoretical need for one more CM wont be even theoretical.
(as we now only speak of a possible double accidental of Vucinic/Quaq AND Marchisio/Vidal AND only as long as we dont have Boriello, which highly improbable to happen under this regime.)

That might be the most pointless Cronios post of all time, he says we are stacked in CMs, when we are VERY exposed in that department (only have 3 really, dont put much stock to Pazienza's filler role in our squad), while he suggests we should get a winger, when have two dozens of them in the squad :p Then ignores basic reality apparently and claims Marchisio plays left midfielder, like we time warped back to 2009 :p Seriously defenitely complaining for the heck of it in parodic way. Because I'm pretty sure he was nonstop complaining about us signing wingers in the summer.
If we are exposed in CMs with 5 players for 2 positions, then what are we in LB?
On the contrary, Conte's choice to field the extra CM or SS over the crappy LMs, demonstrates how stacked up we are in the CM and SS. Naturally as we can afford to sit Amauri on the bench and loan out Melo.
Dont be confused from the coaches options on personal and our roster's actual capabilities.
If we were cornered with CM injuries, we would be using our LMs.
But now we can afford not to, and rightfully, this was a wise decision by Conte to overcome the handicap set by Marrotta!!

I don't want to repeat what has been said lots of times, Cron, but you're repeating yourself a lot and some of your thoughts show lack of understanding what is happening, despite some of your thesis being spot on.

After long time we're finally topping serie A at winter, which says that something is done correctly. According to you and many others, it's Conte who did this "miracle". Conte found that the 4-3-3 formation is the best for this set of players and, obviously, the three men midfield is the biggest strength of the team since all three men there are quality.
Since you don't change what's bringing you wins and Conte obviously won't change the 3 men midfield, we'll need to create our team having the 4-3-3 formation and the 3 men midfield in mind.

This means that for a 25 men squad, of which 11 players will start the match in a 4-3-3 formation, we will need:
- 2 goalkeepers
- 2 right backs
- 4 center backs
- 2 left backs
- 6 CMs
- 6 attacking players
+
3 additional players (the third goalkeeper and two others, preferably versatile players who can cover 2 or more positions)

Do you agree with this, at least?
No!!! Absolutely not!!!
We dont use a 4-3-3 because Pepe is not a forward, neither Marchisio.
We have never fielded 3 attackers on the same level, to call it a 4-3-3, 4-5-1 maybe (3CMs+2wide), but a 4-3-3 absolutely not!!
As i have explained above, we use either an extra CM or an extra SS on the left flank of our midfield, we do that because our natural options there are garbage.
If we had a Pepe on the left, the need for a third CM or a second SS wouldnt be there.
This is the root of our problems.
In your example you consider Pepe as a CM or a forward, at any case its invalid as he should then be considered as such regarding our available options in the roster. (and Krasic as his sub for the same reason)
So even in your case, we still have a surplus of options!!

If you do, lets continue: Our main strength, the 3 CMs, don't have replacements, except Pazienza. If one of Vidal, Pirlo and Marchisio is out for a month or more, would you like Pazienza to be the first option? I believe you don't. That's why it would be great to have 2 other CMs, one of which at least will have to be quality. You say that Felipe Melo can be that player and I won't mind at all if he is, but Melo won't come back to be a reserve. He was problematic even as a starter. That's where buying a solid player like Montolivo could help this team. Shortly: We do need two new CMs of which at least one needs to be quality. Montolivo definitely isn't a world beater, but he's a very good player and probably better than anything else we could do there right now.

We continue with the attackers. We need 6 attacking players for the 4-3-3 and I'll make it 7, just in case. Right now we have 12 such players! Toni, Del Piero, Vucinic, Quag, Krasic, Pepe, Giaccherini, Amauri, Iaquinta, Estigarribia, Matri and Elia. We need to get rid of 5 of them. Toni, Amauri and Iaquinta are three. If it's Del Piero's last season, that makes it 4. We need to get rid of one of the wingers too. Since only Quag, Matri and Mirko will be the strikers left, we will need to add one more attacker and get rid of one other winger.

Do you finally understand what we're all saying and why we are disagreeing with you? You say we don't need attackers and CMs, but we obviously do.

As for the defense, you're spot on there. We surely need a new LB and we also need some other options for the bench.
So you do actually believe that we are using Pepe as a forward??
So this is why you are confused! Pepe is not a forward, he is an offensive lateral midfielder, a winger with other words.
He is a starter and covers our right side, so on our right side we have a winger.
A winger does not plays as deep as a forward, he rather plays as deep as a CM, so we actually play with a right winger besides our CMs, how is this a 4-3-3??
Even if Pepe tries a run, he still is a wide midfielder coming from the back into their box, if ichts comes to support him, does this make our formation a 3-3-4??
No because Licht or Chiellini are still wingbacks...

And we do we have in the left side!! Vucinic or Marchisio!
Are they wingers?? No they are not!
Do the share the same footballistic characteristics? Not really, but in a broad sense they are equivalent.

So why are we not respecting the symmetry here?? Because this is a compromise!! (defensive or offensive one)
A quick fix, an adaptation to hide our weakness and try for the optimal solution of the available material.

Why? because Marrotta f@ked up and we had to improvise.
But now we have a chance to make up for those mistakes, why should we insist making new ones?

Honestly, do you think that if we had a LM at Pepe league, would we use a CM or SS there??
Imagine us having one and recalculate our options!
Then do the same with a LB in our defense.

We only need 2 players, 2 starters we are refusing to buy for 6 consecutive years.
When will we stop buying more CM and SS in order to fix those 2 issues that have been haunting us from serie B???

PS and please dont get me start with our SS options, seriously!!
There is no other team with more SS choices than us, esp if you count Pepe, Krasic, EstiG and Elia as SSs, along with Vucinic, Quaq, Iaq, Amauri, DP and Giacche.
Heck we could field a whole freakin squad of them.
Considering we can bring back Giovinco, we should only be looking for a prolific finisher, someone who scores the chances our SSs are creating and wasting. Esp when Toni is gone and Matri fails to deliver +20goals in the championship alone with consistency.

Djabrail

May 23, 2008

We dont play 4-3-3, we dont use a trident or a playmaker behind the 2 forwards
We only use 2 forwards, 4 midfielders and 4 defenders.
Pepe is our right lateral midfield, Pirlo the deep playmaker, Vidal the offensive CM ahead of him and Marchisio at the lateral left side.
Common, man, how come? And what is Vucinic doing at the LWF almost every game? And Marchisio our left lateral? I think we are watching two different Juves.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
i m referring on the right side obviously, Pepe is not a forward...
and 2 forwards dont make a trident...
You can call it however you want, but it's way too clear that the three men upfront play on the same line. Pepe isn't a forward but he plays as one. It's no wonder that he has 5 goals already.
And when I say that we need attackers for the 4-3-3, it doesn't necessarily mean that the attacker has to be a striker. It can be a Robben type of player. It doesn't matter much. What matters is that it has to be a quality player because the matches we played without Vucinic showed lack of quality in the forward line. Since imo Mirko is fine, then the new player in the forward line will either have to be a top quality striker or a top quality player who can cover the right side in attack, the way Robben does for Bayern.
In any case, it's a formation that has 3 CMs in the starting line up and all of them cover the midfield. It's plain wrong to think that Marchisio plays on the wing, as you said in your post above. So, since we do play with 3 CMs, why do you think that we don't need to buy CMs for the bench?

P.S: And saying that Pepe isn't a forward in this Juve is like saying that Chiellini isn't playing LB. You refuse to look at their position on the pitch. Why?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I can't help but join with JCK on a :lol2: and a :sergio: from myself.
There is absolutely no other point anymore, it's just a waste of time no matter how you look at it. How many times was the 22 M€ explained as it is 15.5 M€ but he only agreed to change it to 19 M€. I still don't understand why members still bother. History has proven me right many times ;)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
There is absolutely no other point anymore, it's just a waste of time no matter how you look at it. How many times was the 22 M€ explained as it is 15.5 M€ but he only agreed to change it to 19 M€. I still don't understand why members still bother. History has proven me right many times ;)
He did? :lol: :lol:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I wonder how long will it take until members stop bothering. I know I did, I haven't said a word to him since the summer.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I wonder how long will it take until members stop bothering. I know I did, I haven't said a word to him since the summer.
I know him for years. I know that not even once he accepted what I'm saying as a possibility if it doesn't match his opinion. But it's still fun.

It became worse lately, though. In the past he had his opinion and made his points, some of which were right, some wrong. Lately he's arguing strong facts. He simply can't consider Marchisio as a winger this season, FFS, yet he does. I don't know what is happening to him now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)