Rhodolfo - CB - São Paulo (13 Viewers)

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Could someone with knowledge about Sao Paulo and their system of play fill me in please? I haven't watched any Sao Paolo games lately, not ones that I can recall anyways. From the 15 minute compilation he is playing as RB, or is it because Sao Paolo play with a three man defence?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
He would be a better alternative to Elia than Pepe or Giaccherini but I wouldn't pay more than 6-7 million to get the other half.

He needs to shut his mouth about Juve though.
I disagree...we have 5 wide midfielders in Elia, Estigarribia, Krasic, Pepe and Giaccherini. the first three are all most useful in the offensive phase, whereas the last two on the list are less useful than the others in the offensive phase, but definitely superior in the defensive phase. They have both done very well so far. Giovinco seems more naturally useful as a second striker, okay as a winger, but not at all suited to playing as a wide man in our present formation, for his covering and defensive play are non existent. If anything, he would be fine for me, if we sold Quags, to be challenging for the seconda punta role with DP (and perhaps vucinic) when we play 2 forwards.

Pepe and giaccherini are definitely Conte players, they have the right mentality and will follow orders to the letter. And so far...they have done brilliantly. Our weakest player this season, by a mile, has been krasic.

As for Giovinco's comments...it doesn't take a genius to ponder that newspapers and the media in general strive to report controversy. THAT is their bread and butter. So if Giovinco was interviewed and said something like.,..

'i am happy at parma, they have given me a chance to win a first team place and i am greatly enjoying my football here...also playing for la nazionale now, which i was not getting the chance to aim for whilst at juventus...my time at vinonvo was hard, but i remain half owned by juventus, and would never rule out a return...however, i am grateful to parma, feel at home here, and believe we can have a great season together'

could easily be reported as ...
'i am happy at parma...my time in vinovo was hard...i feel at home here and believe we can have a great season together'

the second quote are words he said, but not reproduced with the same context.

its foolish to believe the snippets of quotes are anything more than snippets, unless you watch the interview, and can understand everything Giovinco says...

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
But those weren't Giovinco's comments he complained about unfair treatment, dissed on the club and on the club's captain.

You are grossly overrating our current crop of wingers and no Krasic has not been by far our worst player this season. The only thing you were right about was that Giovinco is probably not an ideal winger for Conte (especially with our LB options being extremely weak) but it's not like Elia is either.

Giovinco is surely overhyped but he could prove useful.

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
But those weren't Giovinco's comments he complained about unfair treatment, dissed on the club and on the club's captain.

You are grossly overrating our current crop of wingers and no Krasic has not been by far our worst player this season. The only thing you were right about was that Giovinco is probably not an ideal winger for Conte (especially with our LB options being extremely weak) but it's not like Elia is either.

Giovinco is surely overhyped but he could prove useful.
:rofl:

Bro. find me all of those quotes where Gio was talking smack, and I want links not references. And krasic has been out worst player although he's on par with de ceglie for now.

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
:lol: See, because half the shit Gio said (which was true, mind you) has been overally exaggerated in this forums. Bet if you found them and re-read them they wouldn't sound as bad as you make em out to be,

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
Oh and for the note the only quote which I feel was uncalled for is the one where he stated Del Piero never called him when he was injured, but then again the reporter probably asked him if he did...

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
He bitched about being treated unfairly and was quoted saying that if he were South American he would have gotten playing time. He also responded coldly when asked about DP saying "not like he ever called me".

That little midget isn't worth five of DP's unlimited phone minutes.

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
I can't comment on the relationship between DP and Gio but if there is a problem its for the two to work out, so Gio was wrong about speaking to reporters. In regards to the South American shit, it's half-way true, and personally idgaf, he woulda saved our asses if we actually knew how to develop a player properly

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I can't comment on the relationship between DP and Gio but if there is a problem its for the two to work out, so Gio was wrong about speaking to reporters. In regards to the South American shit, it's half-way true, and personally idgaf, he woulda saved our asses if we actually knew how to develop a player properly
Saved us from what exactly? Come on, Kasaki. He's a good player, he would have been useful last season, better than Martinez for sure, but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)