Rhodolfo - CB - São Paulo (8 Viewers)

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Everyones reactions here are just retarded. Chiellini plays left back well in a game once and all of the sudden he is world class in that position. Its pretty well established in the world of football that Chiellini is one of the best CBs if not the best in Italy. Why wouldn't you just buy a good LB and let Chiellini do what he's best at instead of doing something stupid like putting him out of position so he can make way for an average center back? If Barza keeps up his good work then he's earned his spot add a good LB to that and we are a very solid unit down back for the first time in a long time.
Problem is he's been shite while playing CB and awesome at the LB. This season of course.

jussr

Jan 26, 2011
I think Rhodolfo is a player we should skip. A 26 year old player in the Brasilian league (not even a big star) will be at best a marginal improvment over Barzagli/Bonucci. I say save the cash for July and buy a defender then or if we are serious about the scudetto spend it on Tevez.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I think Rhodolfo is a player we should skip. A 26 year old player in the Brasilian league (not even a big star) will be at best a marginal improvment over Barzagli/Bonucci. I say save the cash for July and buy a defender then or if we are serious about the scudetto spend it on Tevez.
Why is his age and playing in Brazil relevant?

If you haven't watched him, don't speculate about his ability.

I haven't watched him play, so I'm not in a position to comment on whether he would be a good signing.

jussr

Jan 26, 2011
Why is his age and playing in Brazil relevant?

If you haven't watched him, don't speculate about his ability.

I haven't watched him play, so I'm not in a position to comment on whether he would be a good signing.
It's an educated guess as 99% in this thread. And it goes both ways.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
How would signing a 26 year old defender from Brazil compare to signing a 25 year old defender from Brazil who had already failed to make an impression in Europe and returned to Brazil?

jussr

Jan 26, 2011
If this are the only choices I'd prefer a 26 year old from Brazil as at least he has an unknown factor about him. The 25 year old is a confirmed bust.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
If this are the only choices I'd prefer a 26 year old from Brazil as at least he has an unknown factor about him. The 25 year old is a confirmed bust.
Interesting.

The 25 year old I'm referring to is Thiago Silva before he joined Milan.

jussr

Jan 26, 2011
Yeah but that is different he failed because of injuries. And yeah I wouldn't gamble on such a player if I were a general manager, maybe I'd be at a loss but there are always viable alternatives to any player.

jussr

Jan 26, 2011
Blaming a sporting director for not going after a player is silly. There are a million different reasons why a move didn't happen. Blame him for the results on the pitch and for signing shit players and selling good ones.

jussr

Jan 26, 2011
Marotta did the best possible thing with Giovinco. His price went up tenfold since he's been at Parma and we still have an option to get him back. As for my opinion about him, I don't see him ever having an important role in a team such as Juventus.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Marotta did the best possible thing with Giovinco. His price went up tenfold since he's been at Parma and we still have an option to get him back. As for my opinion about him, I don't see him ever having an important role in a team such as Juventus.
Tenfold, you say?

Juve sold half of him for 3m, I think.

So he was worth 6m then.

So he's worth ten times that now?

But people thought Juve gave him away too cheaply back then, so he must be worth even more than 60m now.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
He would be a better alternative to Elia than Pepe or Giaccherini but I wouldn't pay more than 6-7 million to get the other half.

He needs to shut his mouth about Juve though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)