Rhodolfo - CB - São Paulo (8 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Then why are going for him? We need domeone like Tiago Silva, defender with good technique, who can help us more in trasition from defence to attack. Someone who is comfortable and confident on the ball.
He is more like Thiago Silva then Chiellini, not that they are similar, but more similar to TS then Chiellini, because Rhodolfo has real good technique, and composed on the ball, and is good at starting attacks when needed the total opposite of Chiellini. He is basically what you asked for, besides not being as dominant as TS defensively. Btw, it has been a long while since TS has gone on offensive runs or starts ones. Been more like Milans safety line, plays deep.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
We need someone who is composed, he still has time to develop. Remember what Thiago Silva was like when he first came?

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
He is more like Thiago Silva then Chiellini, not that they are similar, but more similar to TS then Chiellini, because Rhodolfo has real good technique, and composed on the ball, and is good at starting attacks when needed the total opposite of Chiellini. He is basically what you asked for, besides not being as dominant as TS defensively. Btw, it has been a long while since TS has gone on offensive runs or starts ones. Been more like Milans safety line, plays deep.
Then I hope we'll bring him this January. I will try to watch couple of his games so I can get better perspective.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Right now its harder to impress, because Sao Paolo defence is a joke in overall, especially his partner Xandao. He's in kinda scenario Chiellini has been, only capable one amongst bunch of clowns.

frick

Apr 4, 2010
What I meant was Rhodolfo is similar to Chiellini because of their physical similarities (big and not that fast) and that indeed what makes them both similar. Rhodolfo also act as the one who cover for defensive holes, same as Chiellini who sometimes makes the final wall.

There are of course differences: Rhodolfo has better techniques, better long balls (tends to do that too), and he doesn't do dirty tricks as much as Chiellini. That's what I got from one (and a half) matches anyway.

Some people said that Rhodolfo's Chiellini-esque error in Botafogo match conceded his team a goal just recently, around the time Chiellini also made costly mistake against Catania, so that's what got me thinking that the similarities becomes more striking. :p

I honestly don't get the Thiago Silva vibe from him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)