Rhodolfo - CB - São Paulo (4 Viewers)

Dec 31, 2008
But Chiellini should be enough for LB, and it's not that DC is that bad, he just had one costly error each in his two games. And Ziegler will probably return if Fenerbahce goes down.

A good LB is a need but it's probably wiser to see how are things happening in the market, waiting and trying to get the lowest price possible.
Chiellini is our best CB. I don't really see a point in moving our best CB into another position. LB is our weakest position, and the difference a good fullback makes can be seen from the effect Lichtsteiner has made already.

Buy on AliExpress.com

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I can see why we want him. He fits our new playing style. When we have loads of possession he is comfortable playing the ball. Much more so than Barza or Chiellini. And he is very good at pressing forwards on their backs and winning those balls which is what Conte wants. Quick ball retrieval.

There are some obvious flaws like how sometimes he gets flustered but that seems like something he can easily improve. 25 y/o and 8.5M, he seems to fit our tactics pretty well so it's a decent move for me.

frick

Apr 4, 2010
Chiellini is our best CB. I don't really see a point in moving our best CB into another position. LB is our weakest position, and the difference a good fullback makes can be seen from the effect Lichtsteiner has made already.
If Chiello moves to LB then he's our best LB (especially defensively).
I'm not saying we don't need LB, but IF nothing happens in January and DC can't get himself together while Ziegler doesn't come back then Licht-Barzagli-Rhodolfo-Chiello defense is probable, even more desireable.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
If Chiello moves to LB then he's our best LB (especially defensively).
I'm not saying we don't need LB, but IF nothing happens in January and DC can't get himself together while Ziegler doesn't come back then Licht-Barzagli-Rhodolfo-Chiello defense is probable, even more desireable.
Chiellini is a great CB but he is only a good LB
Its not wise to take a player that does very well in 1 position and move him to a position he`ll only be ok in

Take back our former team when we had Zambrotta. He started as a RW LW and then he had a change of role to a LWB
He was a good winger but he was a fantastic LWB it takes only emergency situations to change a player`s role in this situations

Its not smart fixing a problem by creating other

frick

Apr 4, 2010
Chiellini is a great CB but he is only a good LB
Its not wise to take a player that does very well in 1 position and move him to a position he`ll only be ok in

Take back our former team when we had Zambrotta. He started as a RW LW and then he had a change of role to a LWB
He was a good winger but he was a fantastic LWB it takes only emergency situations to change a player`s role in this situations

Its not smart fixing a problem by creating other
I'm just saying it's one of the temporary solution if things come to the worst, because it looks like DC is making costly mistake for each game. If Chiellini moves as LB, the hole that DC has created may be gone or at least reduced. And Chiellini as LB should only happen if Rhodolfo or someone better comes along, because I don't think Bonucci-Barzagli may not up for it.

I still have faith for DC though. Those were just silly mistakes.

Bluku

Aug 23, 2011
From what I've seen of Rhodolfo (Which I must admit is very little), but what I have seen he looks a good centre back... Good with his feet and I would imagine ideal for what Conte is looking for (ball playing centre backs). I'm excited to see if we actually get him!

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
If we actually get Rhodolfo and no LB, the team would be more balanced with Chiellini at LB. Licht-Barza-Rhodolfo-Chiellini as opposed to Licht-Rhodolfo-Chiellini-De Ceglie.

Bluku

Aug 23, 2011
If we actually get Rhodolfo and no LB, the team would be more balanced with Chiellini at LB. Licht-Barza-Rhodolfo-Chiellini as opposed to Licht-Rhodolfo-Chiellini-De Ceglie.
I would prefer the latter... I'm keeping faith with De Ceglie... Chiellini is not good with the ball running forward... De Ceglie isn't the greatest either but Chiellini's quality is better served at centre back...

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
DC is simply not good enough at the moment and it doesn't look like he will improve. Chiellini at LB is a much safer and better option despite his lack of abilities going foward. If we play a 4-3-3, one of Pirlo, Vidal or Marchisio could help out the left-winger instead of Chiellini.

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
Apart from his last stint at LB, when he kept ruining offside traps, he's really quite good there. I'm sure I'm not the only one who remembers him being impressive going forward as well.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I dont think De Ceglie is good enough nor does Bonucci and I always thought Barzagli is better than Bonucci
As for Rudolfo and formations when he signs (if he signs) I`d rather we get a LB too or if we have to choose between Rudolfo and Chiellini as a LB and a LB and Chiellini as CB I`d choose the later

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I dont think De Ceglie is good enough nor does Bonucci and I always thought Barzagli is better than Bonucci
As for Rudolfo and formations when he signs (if he signs) I`d rather we get a LB too or if we have to choose between Rudolfo and Chiellini as a LB and a LB and Chiellini as CB I`d choose the later
Kolarov

Bluku

Aug 23, 2011
Chiellini at left back is a terrible idea. IMO one of the best CB in europe, that's where he should stay. If DC's not good enough then we should sign a better left back come january. Maybe Kolarov...

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
how many more chances does he need? he has been with us how long? if its not injuries he has consistency issues.
Umm, dude was out for nearly a whole year. You gotta expect a bit of rustiness on his part. Look Im not saying we shouldnt buy an LB ASAP or that De Ceglie is great (which he is clearly not), but I am sick of us not showing any patience with anyone. Bringing Grosso back to the team as our permanent LB will give us much more problems than De Ceglie will throughout the season. And also we shouldnt move Chiellini from his best position either

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)