Rhodolfo - CB - São Paulo (15 Viewers)

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Giorgio has always been able to play LB, the question is whether he'd be a waste there or not. IMO, his play has regressed in the middle. I wouldn't mind him at LB if his replacement in the middle is worthy. Certain aspects of the LB position suit him better. For example, he's one-footed and is much better at dribbling in a straight forward pacey fashion than laterally. He's great 1 on 1 and has great endurance. Those are all extremely useful in a fullback.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I dont want to sound negative here.
Despite being a fan of the Italian defense for 2 decades, i ve lost all hope and confidense for the current crop of Italian defenders (apart from the Chiellini of course, who is as good as the used to be) and i believe that our stubborn inististance on them has hurt us quite a lot, esp on our left flank and in our pocket with Bonucci.

I would rather see us investing on someone like Rhodolfo, rather than any of the Italian non-option we have, BUT arent we going too far, at aspiring that Rhod is the WC answer we were craving for all these years?

We have the promising Sorensen and Bonucci at 32+ will become at least as good as Barzagli is atm, so we should only look for an experience and proven partner to form a duo with Chiellini and deliver top performances NOW.

A player like Lugano or Alex is a perfect match for that job, imo, do you think that Rhodolfo atm is in the same league?

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
we all heard great things about Rhodolfo but he is 25 or something so he isn't that young either and it's not about age tbh look at someone like Sakho he is a true leader great defender and he is a kid... CB partners completes each other so we should choose carefully what we need in this partner of Chiellini by admitting Chiellini's negatives and positives we can reach this guy..

frick

Apr 4, 2010
Rhodolfo is better than Chiellini with the ball.

Swap them and that would be a very good defensive line.
Both are good on the ball.
Juve will become much more attacking with them in the back.

I feel bad for Barzagli though, he deserves a spot after the last two matches.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I am totally with trying Chiellini at LB temporarily until the market opens and see what our options are and how did he cope with the position.

frick

Apr 4, 2010
I kind of not into Barzagli-Bonucci although probably the later has improved. For instance that Portanova guy from Bologna could have scored earlier if Bonucci's the one who marked him in corner situations.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I am totally with trying Chiellini at LB temporarily until the market opens and see what our options are and how did he cope with the position.
From Winter to seasons end: Licht-Barzagli-Rhodolfo-Chiellini

Next season: Licht-Sakho-Rhodolfo-Chiellini :superhapp

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
The problem is that good defenders, especially fullbacks are hard to come by. I cant think of one lb that I consider worth the risk. suggestions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)