Rhodolfo - CB - São Paulo (9 Viewers)

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Why not? Sao Paolo will let him leave in January and he wants to come here.
Because it's Juve and Marotta we're dealing with here. Plus, 4 months is a long time. These links for players so far ahead rarely come to fruition. A lot of things will happen between now and then.
Because it will not be that easy at all.
Word.
How did you come to this conclusion?
Ask Nick the same thing. It's my prediction.
Sao Paolo wanted to keep the player until January.

Our second offer of 10 million was not exactly refused by Sao Paolo more put on hold until January.
But it wasn't accepted either.

Nardonejuve

Mar 21, 2010
Because it will not be that easy at all.
No transfer is easy but to say outright hes not coming isnt right at all.

Sao Paolo have not said it directly but you can read between the lines all their statements and all suggest say we want him to stay for this season and once the league is done we'll revaluate his situation pretty much.

If Marotta offers the proper amount this transfer will be that easy. It just depends on Marotta. We'll see but I think this transfer will happen.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007

Sao Paolo have not said it directly but you can read between the lines all their statements and all suggest say we want him to stay for this season and once the league is done we'll revaluate his situation pretty much.

If Marotta offers the proper amount this transfer will be that easy. It just depends on Marotta. We'll see but I think this transfer will happen.
And it's not right to say that he is coming.

They said they want to keep him now. It doesn't mean they are going to give up their best defender just easily just because the season has ended. We would still have to negotiate for him and other parties may become interested. And of course, we only negotiate on our terms.

May 22, 2007
Sao Paolo wanted to keep the player until January.

Our second offer of 10 million was not exactly refused by Sao Paolo more put on hold until January.
Put on hold until a later date is a bigger possibility, but this team won't be releasing one of the best defenders in the league without a struggle. They have more power to negotiate higher prices in Brazil now.

I don't want to take the deal as done, or think that Marotta has four months to work on it so we can expect him at the beginning of January. I'm not saying it definitely won't happen either, I'm not convinced it will run smoothly though, maybe another team will get interested as well to drive the price up.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
I think if the player wants to come here, and the bid wasn't rejected but instead put off, there is a big chance of him coming here in January. Not guaranteed, but probable.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Because other teams will interfere and that's when Marotta chickens.
I think it's better if we stick to the facts. Marotta grappled Vidal out of Bayern Münich's hands, so he clearly has the ability to compete with clubs. And it should be noted that Bayern Münich is a really big club. What Marotta cannot do, however, is compete against clubs that have a lot more funds than Juventus, clubs such as Manchester City. This is what happened to the Dzeko- and Aguero-transfers. There's a big difference between that and chickening out.

As for Rossi, he pulled out because Villareal rated him a lot higher than Juve. If you ask me, that's a fair reason for pulling out of any deal. Villareal probably never wanted to sell him anyway, there are many indicators of this.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I think it's better if we stick to the facts. Marotta grappled Vidal out of Bayern Münich's hands, so he clearly has the ability to compete with clubs. And it should be noted that Bayern Münich is a really big club. What Marotta cannot do, however, is compete against clubs that have a lot more funds than Juventus, clubs such as Manchester City. This is what happened to the Dzeko- and Aguero-transfers. There's a big difference between that and chickening out.

As for Rossi, he pulled out because Villareal rated him a lot higher than Juve. If you ask me, that's a fair reason for pulling out of any deal. Villareal probably never wanted to sell him anyway, there are many indicators of this.
Not really, Völler made it clear that Vidal will not be sold to any German club. Marotta did not have any competition whatsoever with signing Vidal.

On the other hand, Marotta made it clear that all signings will be according to our terms and that he will not go into bidding wars. Big funds or not has absolutely no significance when it comes to Marotta, who by the way has big funds that he wastes elaborately.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Marotta has 120 million euros to spend in 3 seasons. Sure, it's a big budget, but compared to Man City it's actually peanuts. It would be very unwise to spend 40-45 on a Dzeko or an Aguero when this is the case. And then there's the wage-issue.

As for Rhodolfo, I think we have a huge chance of getting him. We'll sign him up in January if not a Man City-like club comes in and offers him wages that we cannot match.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)