Revive the DP-DT Attack (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
DP - Trez wont work because they are both invisible.

DP has lost every bit of initiative he had, it seems he doesnt want the ball, and when he does get it he doesnt know what to do with it. He's too slow, too weak and too indecisive, and has absolutely no confidence to try to do anything with the ball, most of the time it seems like he's afraid of it. He can creaty a paper airplane at this moment, let alone a goal or a nice play.
How can you expect DP to have confidence when Capello treats him like he has been doing? After scoring the opener against Livorno he gained a bit of confidence and did some nice things. He looked good in that patch of form that he enjoyed after his comeback from injury when he got alot of playing time, but you can't expect him to want to try things when Cap subs him every game.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Thats exactly right. DP is not the solution to our problems, he is more like one of them.
That there is an unfair statement. Capello doesn't even give Del Piero the chance to be one of our problems :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

That there is an unfair statement. Capello doesn't even give Del Piero the chance to be one of our problems :D
So one could conclude that Capello is taking precautious measures to make sure that the DP problem is solved, or just left alone, that is. :D

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
++ [ originally posted by king Ale ] ++

the match against Milan was his worst match of the season also the worst of many Jve players.Zlatan was crap at that match too.he couldn't control the ball and missed it alot.DP isn't the solution to our problems but how can he be a part of our problems though he didn't play more than 60 minutes?rubbish.

WEll, Zlatan didn't have many chances as Nesta was all over him, but DP, I saw many times that he simply missed controlled, without anybody really challenging him. But anyways if thats his worst game then I think anybody could have one of those.

Nonen the less, I see Capello giving Zlatan-Trez more time in practicing their partnership and getting their understanding right. To prepare for our game against Real.

And I do believe Zambrotta would be a great asset on the flanks considering the aerial power in our strikers.

So I don't think DP-DT would ever b juve's main attacking partnership again.

OP
Primo

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
  • Thread Starter #106
    Kidding aside, it seems like Cap has a grudge on DP for always scoring against his Roma side which greatly frustrated Cap in his time at Rome.

May 30, 2004
    i watched yesterdays game ... not worth reviving dp dt ... could give them another chance... but i highly doubt it ... i thought zalayeta wuldve made a big difference in yesterdays game this guy doesnt complain at all .. let him play a little

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
    Surely there can be no arguments now whether Zlatan should start or not, with him up there at least there some threat to Sampdoria.

I still think Zlatan-Trez is the way to go.

Both Trez and DP were poor last night, but as we all know, Trez is a finisher and not much else - so if he has no support then we know he will perform like he did last night (well, first half anyway).

DP is there to create chances (and of course take them) and he didn't do it. At least he showed he was making more of an effort to win the ball back than usual. He did the odd nice bit of skill but he was then too slow to capitalise on it.

Having said that, maybe Trez is a bit of a luxury if the Juve team isn't particularly creative (which it wasn't yesterday) - if there is no creativity then you know Trez will struggle to impact on the game in any way, in that situation can we afford to be playing with what is effectively ten men?

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    I'm just watching the France-Sweden game, and Trez is extremely dangerous with the proper service, which only stresses my point that our lack of goals is the midfields fault, not the attacks.

OP
    Primo

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
    Dec 20, 2002
  • Thread Starter #120
    So is it safe to say that without Nedved, we should opt for a Zlatan-DP partnership?

And when Neddy or Camo comes back, then we can revert to a Zlatan-Trez partnership?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)