Revive the DP-DT Attack (1 Viewer)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Oh FFS. Trezeguet comes back after injury and in his first game since September, paired up with Zlatan, the duo does not play too well but people are ready to throw in the towel this quickly? I mean jeez, its David's first game back in the Serie A and one of Zlatan's worst matches this season. We need to give the pair a couple more matches to see if it will work, which I'm pretty sure it will once the two learn how to play with each other. One bad match and everyone throws in the towel and calls for changes........ridiculous. Give them time, please.
It's not about his injury, but it doesn't fit FFS playing Zlatan,Trezeguet....you saw how much Zlatan was mat at Trezeguet, they don't have good understanding...Anyhow you said we should give them two more matches to get fit, do you really think we can loose more points??

If Dp was the one injured instead of Trezeguet, you would have bash'd Dp!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by DelpieroForLife ] ++
I cannt understand how a football jenious like Capello thinks DP & Montella r useless player and take Pannuci with him wherever he go even to bed.....
I wouldn't call Capello Jenious, the only player that keep on praising him is Cassano, why? simple, because he gave him enough time to play in Roma!!

OP
Primo

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
  • Thread Starter #83
    ++ [ originally posted by pecker ] ++
    An Example that accures like 4 times every game: Zlatan often recives the ball his back towards goal, and immidietly attracs the two central defenders, giving trez an opponent in shape of the right fullback and the left one is stuck marking both Nedved and Zambro togheter with a central midfielder. And camo is most likely stuck with the other central midfielder.

What happens? Nothing. Zlatan is forced to try and dribble throw the defense which usually ends with giving up the ball or a freekick.

An example of what could happen:
    Trez and Neddy cut into the penalty area, Camo into the center and Zambro down the left flank. Both Neddy and Trez will most likely attract at least one defender, leaving Zlatan with one and Zambro alone at the left flank. And with Camo behind as a passing target, Zlatan got atleast three great options:

Passing an alone Neddy or Trez, at least one of them will have a good chance, if not they can do some kind of shit in there. :>

Dribbling pass his defender: He's mostly stuck with two/three so one shouldn't be that big a deal, huh?

Passing Zambro: With the height of Trez and Zlatan we'll be great in the air.

Or if he panics he'll always have Camo or Emerson to pass back to.

The longer they play, the more this stuff will work. :>
    This is more or like predicting the actual passing in the game...

...which has about 2% chance happening.

I've seen better and well worked moves from the DP-DT Partnership.

All our goals from this season with Zlatan in it seem to always be forced or unattractive.

IMO, there's better understanding between a Striker-Support Striker partnership, than a Dual-Striker partnership.

The only well-worked goals I've seen with Zlatan involved in it was the goal of Del Piero against Roma in where Zlatan laid it off for Camo, to release Del Piero with a shot on the top of the box.

All the other goals, it seems forced or unimaginative.

And if some of you would argue not to be troubled by the Zalatan-Trez partnership because Trez just got back from injury, then why did they not create as much chances? Simply because the characteristics of both are the same and they are not complementary to each other.

Face it, Zlatan and Trez are simply similar to each other. Trez may be a better finisher than Ale, but Zlatan may not. I've seen him miss a couple of chances, and for someone who is 100% fit and is said to be on the top of his game, that is not acceptable.

I seriously see more goals from the DP-DT partnership, than the Zlatan-DP, or Zlatan-DT partnerships.

And as azzurri said, if you guys wanna give the Trez-Zlatan partnership a run-up for a series of games, do you seriously think we can afford to lose more points at this point of the season with Milan hot on our tails!?

Even if Capello wasn't the coach before, he cannot deny the effectiveness of the DP-DT duo even if he was still at Roma.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Nah, thats rubbish. Trezeguet's and Ibrahimovic's characteristics are not the same; Trezeguet is a goal-poaching forward who does not come back to pick up the ball and hold on to it, he's simply an immobile targetman. Zlatan is a mobile targetman who likes to come back and pick up the ball, even travelling back into the midfield. He also can work on the perimeter of the opposition box, taking players on and working as a support striker. The only thing that Zlatan and David have in common is that they are both tall........who cares? So this "characteristics of both are the same and they are not complementary to each other" arguement does not work here.

OP
    Primo

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
    Dec 20, 2002
  • Thread Starter #85
    Really, not a single memory in my mind recalls having seen Zlatan get some action in the middle of the field. I don't recall seeing him get fouled, create a through pass, or give a break away pass to anyone from the midfield.

That's Funny.

Maybe when you mean he picks up the ball, you really mean that he picks up the ball on top of the box, and then dribbles a few feet, not meters inside the box. I dont think I'm wrong when I say they are similar. Yes they are both tall, but you're also right that Trez is immobile while Zlatan can dribble. But that's just about the difference in them.

Besides that, what else can you name?

They both can't shoot from outside the box, not unless its a one-on-one situation with the keeper.

They are good with headers and their percentage to convert headers are high.

They both love to scamble inside the box and get that final touch to score.

To be honest, that's just about all I see between them.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Primo ] ++
    Really, not a single memory in my mind recalls having seen Zlatan get some action in the middle of the field. I don't recall seeing him get fouled, create a through pass, or give a break away pass to anyone from the midfield. That's Funny.

Maybe when you mean he picks up the ball, you really mean that he picks up the ball on top of the box, and then dribbles a few feet, not meters inside the box. I dont think I'm wrong when I say they are similar. Yes they are both tall, but you're also right that Trez is immobile while Zlatan can dribble. But that's just about the difference in them.

Besides that, what else can you name?

They both can't shoot from outside the box, not unless its a one-on-one situation with the keeper.

They are good with headers and their percentage to convert headers are high.

They both love to scamble inside the box and get that final touch to score.

To be honest, that's just about all I see between them.
    I agree with the Bold statement i made...i never remmber Zlatan going back helping the defenders or trying to get a pass from the midfielders...

Anyhow your Right, they both can't shoot from outside the goals....

Trezeguet is good with headers, But Zlatan?? nahh your wrong, a player with his tall should score atleast 3 up till now....

Zlatan loves dribbling 6players ATLEAST which it wont work in Serie A,,,

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++

I agree with the Bold statement i made...i never remmber Zlatan going back helping the defenders or trying to get a pass from the midfielders...

Anyhow your Right, they both can't shoot from outside the goals....

Trezeguet is good with headers, But Zlatan?? nahh your wrong, a player with his tall should score atleast 3 up till now....

Zlatan loves dribbling 6players ATLEAST which it wont work in Serie A,,,
    I never said Zlatan goes back to help defenders; not sure where you are pulling that from. Zlatan comes back into the midfield all the time to pick up the ball, maybe not as much as Del Piero but he still does it and instead of always running forward Zlatan usually comes back to recieve passes from the midfield.

Again, you people need to give the partnership more time. The Cagliari match was the first Serie A match that Trez has played in months so of course he would not look good. There is no reason why that combination would not work, as Trezeguet is the main targetman while Zlatan is more mobile and works on the perimeter of the box and further outside. Too many people think that it would not work for dubious reasons, all of which I have heard thus far have been quite so. There is only one overlying reason and everybody knows that one.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
    Zlatan Trez is the best formation at the moment, or may be Zlatan Zalayeta.

I don't understand why DP's name keep comin up as the "solution to our problem" he is part of our problem, didn't u guys watch him against Milan? God! He can't even control the ball, kept miscontrolling the ball, he was the main reason we couldn't create anything in the first half, good thing Zalayeta came on in the second.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    DP - Trez wont work because they are both invisible.

DP has lost every bit of initiative he had, it seems he doesnt want the ball, and when he does get it he doesnt know what to do with it. He's too slow, too weak and too indecisive, and has absolutely no confidence to try to do anything with the ball, most of the time it seems like he's afraid of it. He can creaty a paper airplane at this moment, let alone a goal or a nice play.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by - vOnAm - ] ++
    Zlatan Trez is the best formation at the moment, or may be Zlatan Zalayeta.

I don't understand why DP's name keep comin up as the "solution to our problem" he is part of our problem, didn't u guys watch him against Milan? God! He can't even control the ball, kept miscontrolling the ball, he was the main reason we couldn't create anything in the first half, good thing Zalayeta came on in the second.
    the match against Milan was his worst match of the season also the worst of many Jve players.Zlatan was crap at that match too.he couldn't control the ball and missed it alot.DP isn't the solution to our problems but how can he be a part of our problems though he didn't play more than 60 minutes?rubbish.

peckface

approaching curve
    Oct 3, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Primo ] ++

This is more or like predicting the actual passing in the game...

...which has about 2% chance happening.
    Dude, that was the kind of stuff we used to practise, and back then it worked really well. :>

Codino

The Rival
    Jul 21, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by king Ale ] ++

DP isn't the solution to our problems but how can he be a part of our problems though he didn't play more than 60 minutes?rubbish.
    top quote :thumb:
    i totally agree

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
    Nah, thats rubbish. Trezeguet's and Ibrahimovic's characteristics are not the same; Trezeguet is a goal-poaching forward who does not come back to pick up the ball and hold on to it, he's simply an immobile targetman. Zlatan is a mobile targetman who likes to come back and pick up the ball, even travelling back into the midfield. He also can work on the perimeter of the opposition box, taking players on and working as a support striker. The only thing that Zlatan and David have in common is that they are both tall........who cares? So this "characteristics of both are the same and they are not complementary to each other" arguement does not work here.
    Del Piero as well likes to come back to pick up the ball and try to pass it inside....

I just named you the things both trez and zlatan can't do,

Shooting outside the box....Crosses....header(Zlatan only, trezeguet is great)...Zlatan's dribbling is awfull, i think you know why, trying to dribble 6 players at-least as i just said....you want more?

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by king Ale ] ++

the match against Milan was his worst match of the season also the worst of many Jve players.Zlatan was crap at that match too.he couldn't control the ball and missed it alot.DP isn't the solution to our problems but how can he be a part of our problems though he didn't play more than 60 minutes?rubbish.
    Agreed!

utarlok

May 25, 2004
    capello....what u really think??

what is ur motive? does our captain not deserve a starting post?

Dp score as many goals as zlatan but appear 1/2 time as him

“You will see whether Del Piero plays or not,” said the Juve boss in his press conference. “Ibrahimovic doesn’t seem tired to me and he’ll have time to rest in the future.”
    “I don’t think we need to rotate the squad with only one game per week,”

waht do u mean? Dp is only used as spare when zlatan is tired?
    DP-DT!!!!!

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by utarlok ] ++
    capello....what u really think??

what is ur motive? does our captain not deserve a starting post?

Dp score as many goals as zlatan but appear 1/2 time as him

“You will see whether Del Piero plays or not,” said the Juve boss in his press conference. “Ibrahimovic doesn’t seem tired to me and he’ll have time to rest in the future.”
    “I don’t think we need to rotate the squad with only one game per week,”

waht do u mean? Dp is only used as spare when zlatan is tired?
    DP-DT!!!!!
    exactly.he deserve more time to play.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)