Revive the DP-DT Attack (1 Viewer)

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Krister ] ++
It's his job to win but in latest games juve has played too defensiv! Insted of securing the 1-0 lead I mean we should try to get 2 and 3. Its so easy to loose a 1-0 lead no mather how u defend urself
most of those goals happens against the run of play.... when we are attacking....

Aug 26, 2003
I think we should play with the formation that we used at the beginning of the season!

I would start with Del Piero and Trez and give Zlatan a little rest, damn is capello thinking that he could play all the games?

I think the rotation is exactly what we need, it keeps the striker fresh and also hungry and motivated!

nobody can't deny that Del Piero - Trez partnership was one of the best some years ago maybe the best in the world, but that is not at the moment! Del Piero is not on top form and so is Trez! but i think we should play with our goalmachine Trez as he is a great finisher and the creative part has to be done by Zlatan or Del Piero!

OP
Primo

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
  • Thread Starter #64
    Well, if some of the people here think that Zlatan deserves 100% playing time and Del Piero none, I will shut up and stand in the corner.

But when Zlatan gets injured and DP needs to play, and then he plays badly, I'll be the first one to defend him for not getting much playing time in the first place.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Primo ] ++
    IMO, our attack has been fairly inconsistent since the introduction of Zlatan to the starting line-up.

It appears that Zlatan still isn't entirely fitted to play the Serie A style of attack which is quick passing and cutting inside the box. He seems to hold on to the ball longer.

Why not bring back the tried & tested combination of DP-DT?

Who knows, it might bring back our captain to his best form?
    Well said, i've been asking for this long time:)..

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
    I have to say I have far more confidence in DP-Trez than I do in any rotation involving Zlatan. He just doesn't seem to fit in anywhere, after playing week in week out for half a season. And last year it wasn't the attack that let us down, it was the defence.
    Agree Mart, Last year prob wasn't the attack, it was absolutly the defence, The Dp-DT patner-ship will get us back to the power we used to be....

Zlatan is selfish and no one can deny that, we've won alot of important matches and difficult matches with Dp-trezeguet upfront they just seem to understand and GET ALONG, i don't know if some of you saw this, Ofcoarse Andy and the others will deny it, But Zlatan was shouting at Trezguet last match, it seems no one can get along with this Player, i have nothing against him, But for god sake bring the old partner-ship Capello...

peckface

approaching curve
    Oct 3, 2004
    Larsson and Ibrahimovic is probably the best due Sweden have had since Gre-No-Li, and I don't think Larsson is that different from Trezeguet.

Come on, the Zlatan - Trezeguet combo WILL become top of the line.

An Example that accures like 4 times every game: Zlatan often recives the ball his back towards goal, and immidietly attracs the two central defenders, giving trez an opponent in shape of the right fullback and the left one is stuck marking both Nedved and Zambro togheter with a central midfielder. And camo is most likely stuck with the other central midfielder.

What happens? Nothing. Zlatan is forced to try and dribble throw the defense which usually ends with giving up the ball or a freekick.

An example of what could happen:
    Trez and Neddy cut into the penalty area, Camo into the center and Zambro down the left flank. Both Neddy and Trez will most likely attract at least one defender, leaving Zlatan with one and Zambro alone at the left flank. And with Camo behind as a passing target, Zlatan got atleast three great options:

Passing an alone Neddy or Trez, at least one of them will have a good chance, if not they can do some kind of shit in there. :>

Dribbling pass his defender: He's mostly stuck with two/three so one shouldn't be that big a deal, huh?

Passing Zambro: With the height of Trez and Zlatan we'll be great in the air.

Or if he panics he'll always have Camo or Emerson to pass back to.

The longer they play, the more this stuff will work. :>

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by DelpieroForLife ] ++
    Alex ------- Zlatan
    We cannt ask for a better due at the moment ...
    how about Zlatan - Trez? or Mutu - Zlatan? or Mutu - Trez?

Dec 26, 2004
    Trezeguet contribution to the game r 0
    I don't enjoy watching him sleeping the whole match...
    scoring silly goal from inside the 6 yard...
    and in next day somone post here : Trezeguet r the best finisher in the world !!!!!
    I get enough of this....

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    We should definitely give it a try, but for the time being DP-Zlatan would be my preferred attacking duo.

olkiller

Sep 9, 2002
    La Gazzetta Dello Sport just released a long interview with Capello, he said that his job was to win, that he shouldn't care about Del Piero's state of mind...I think the man wants DP out and doesn't believe can win with DP being a starter.
    Fvck this

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
    Oct 27, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by DelpieroForLife ] ++
    I cannt understand how a football jenious like Capello thinks DP & Montella r useless player and take Pannuci with him wherever he go even to bed.....
    Exactly. Montella is Serie A's best scorer and he was benched all the time. It's really personal this sh1t..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)