Reveal Your Blog! (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
The word blog, I believe, comes from 'web log'. it's just an online diary, and since most people just write a whole load of crap that just comes into their heads, i think the dopey sounding word 'blog' is suitable

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
I don't get it, are you writing a diary on the net?
Why?
I mean is somebody else supposed to read it?
Unless wouldn't it be cooler and easier to write it in a book like the old days?

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zambrotta ] ++
I don't get it, are you writing a diary on the net?
Why?
I mean is somebody else supposed to read it?
Unless wouldn't it be cooler and easier to write it in a book like the old days?
Well, since it's online you wouldn't write what you would write in a traditional diary. Since it being online gives it an audience, it changes the whole thing.

I really enjoy books and other literature (and other things in writing), and I really enjoy some well written blogs too. For their purpose they are often superb.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by vitoria_Ally ] ++
I will never understand the idea of blogs, cause I will never understand how someone can give an audience to their private things.
i know what you mean...

** nods heads in agreement **

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by tarmpropp ] ++

I really enjoy books and other literature (and other things in writing), and I really enjoy some well written blogs too. For their purpose they are often superb.
A rarity, as desctibed below

I will never understand the idea of blogs, cause I will never understand how someone can give an audience to their private things.
Exactly. Hence my reluctance to write one. I was thinking about it, but eventually decided against it.my blog would've been mediocre, since I refuse to share my most private thoughts and feelings to an audience, and this is traditionally what a diary was for. 9/10 blogs i've seen have been a load of crap to be perfectly honest. They're either boring descriptions of someone's day, or a bunch of nonsensical garbage that someone thought of in 2 seconds.

Then again.... maybe this is because all my friends are idiots :D

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
You suit the content to the audience obviously. Some blogs are very personal and honest, others are very thematic and non personal, people have their own spin on it. So as such it's not like a "real" diary but it has a niche audience IMO.

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++

You suit the content to the audience obviously. Some blogs are very personal and honest, others are very thematic and non personal, people have their own spin on it. So as such it's not like a "real" diary but it has a niche audience IMO.
For me: whatever I write is private, personal, cause it was written by me.
So as such, it's not for other people.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
FINE! I CAN TAKE A HINT! I'LL LEAVE :down: waaaaaah

posts on the forums are hardly our most private thoughts. They're not the kind of things that we'd write in a personal journal.

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
Well if you put it that way.. :D

How do you explain posting on the forum then? ;)

Ahh, you're... *waiting for PM with sth* :D
Łapiesz mnie za słówka ;)

Cause posting on the forum is not the same as writing diary/blog ;)

Yes to that what gray said.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
So you misunderstood what I said then. If you don't actually mean EVERYTHING that you write is personal, then it's completely conceivable to keep a blog where you write the kind of stuff that would be acceptable for a forum audience..

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
I understood you, and I didnt agree.

But if you put it in this way, so my posts here are blog in your understanding of this word.

SIGH! Talk between someone who would never add blog online and someone who keeps it writing :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)