Respaul's Juve Pepsi Challenge (1 Viewer)

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
Note to Mods : Feel free to move the thread but i thought this an apt place.

This was mentioned in another thread last week, but with being busy and major computer problems I was unable to get back to it til now.

If anyones interested please post your names in this thread and if theres enough interest we will sort it out.

The basic idea ::

A juve quiz.. A straight 20 questions with a time limit so its pretty much from peoples knowledge rather than allowing people to search the net and so make the idea a farce.

So if we go ahead I will pm 20 questions to every member taking part (after i have sent the pm's I will post the list here for everyone else).

You will have a pre- determined amount of time to reply to me with your answers by pm.

I will mark them and announce the winner / winners soon after

The quiz will be reasonably easy ,yet mixed.
Purely stuff I know off the top of my head, though some may be a bit hard due to the nature of these types of single word answer questions, eg. players names, dates, etc

The last couple of questions will be tie breakers.. that you will purly guess at (in the most part) eg. My own opinions / experiences etc

This first attempt will be very simple as it is jus to gauge interest and sort out how it works, But if succesful maybe something we can do regurly and on different subjects

What we need to sort out ::

1. Time limit. I was thinking 40 mins (some ques maybe multiple answer or bonus points)

Do you think thats too long?? Too short??

We must make sure the time is long enough but not so long as to allow searching for most of the answers

2. To make this work we need to find away of everyone doing it in the same amount of time.

My ideas ::

1. I gather (Mods help please) that I can tell when a pm is read and when it was sent back to me, so from these times we can see whether each person gets there answers in , in the allotted time

If this is indeed workable, I think this is the best way of doing it as everyone can take it when they like, but we will still know that they only took the allotted time limit to complete it

2. The harder option is to arrange a time all competitors are online togeather.
At that time I post the questions in this thread and you all read it and pm me the answers within the time limit.
Not sure whether this is viable or not

Any other ideas??

Anyway its jus an idea that could be fun, some of us might learn something and of course someone gets a few minutes bragging rights

Let me know what you think in this thread..

Who wants to have ago?
Ideas for time limit?
Ways to conduct the actual quiz?

Sorry if this post is badly written (busy day)

Please post questions / answers / names in the thread

Thankyou

Confirmed Entrants so far:

-Z-
Martin
Torkel
Glenn
Fli
Serge
DaJuve
aressandro10
Incubo
Steph
-CSD-
LAC
NEDVED
Loppan
Forza AC Milan
Paolo_Montero
Zambrotta
mark77
Hydde

Buy on AliExpress.com

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++
1. I gather (Mods help please) that I can tell when a pm is read and when it was sent back to me, so from these times we can see whether each person gets there answers in , in the allotted time

If this is indeed workable, I think this is the best way of doing it as everyone can take it when they like, but we will still know that they only took the allotted time limit to complete it
This is a splendid idea and the function is already implemented. From your PM view, look to "Jump to folder" and select "Message tracking". [link]

This will show you all your outgoing pm's whether they have been read or not.

And I'm in. :)

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
I'm in too, and it sounds like a great idea. :)

It's important that the time limit is short, too prevent cheating. I don't know what kind of questions there are going to be (so I don't want to suggest a time limit), but 40 minutes sound like a lot to me.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Yeah, maybe one minute per question would be better (20 minutes then) because you can easily find the answers in less than two mins...

OP

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #7
    ++ [ originally posted by tarmpropp ] ++
    I'm in too, and it sounds like a great idea. :)

It's important that the time limit is short, too prevent cheating. I don't know what kind of questions there are going to be (so I don't want to suggest a time limit), but 40 minutes sound like a lot to me.
    Due to being a timed quiz that needs a winner etc... Questions (for this 1st attempt anyway) will mainly be of the like:

In what year?
    Who am I?
    Name player who?
    What is the name of?
    How many?
    etc etc

Basic questions with a definate answer

Though 20 questions some will have bonus answers... so prob 20 questions plus 10 answers

Anyway, once more people reply we will decide a def time.

No hurry as havent really thought about questions and once they are decided I will have to spend some time making sure my answers are indeed correct.

Are we generally happy with doing it via pm as i said in my first post as Martin has confirmed it will work?

Cheers for the replies so far, Come on the rest of you.. its only a bit of fun and outside me no one will no the results of those outside the top 3, so theres no fear of embarassment and the like

Entrants added to original post

PS. Incubo Im putting your name forward for you.. ok?

Sep 28, 2002
    20 mins seems fair. but the problem is that fans are from all around the world. gray's from australia, sergio from us and we here fro europe. how will you find appropriate time for all of us?

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    I think he said it doesn`t have to be all at the same time since he will chek the time of when the player opens the mail to the time he replies to it.

OP

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #10
    ++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
    20 mins seems fair. but the problem is that fans are from all around the world. gray's from australia, sergio from us and we here fro europe. how will you find appropriate time for all of us?
    If i pm you the quiz

I can tell exactly when you opened it and when your reply was sent

So you can all do the quiz whenever you like and as long as you dont open the pm until you are ready to do it, I will know whether you opened it and then sent the reply within the time limit

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003

Cheers for the replies so far, Come on the rest of you.. its only a bit of fun and outside me no one will no the results of those outside the top 3, so theres no fear of embarassment and the like

Thats cool. I for example know I'll do bad because I know very little about Juve's players and the club itself prior '96, because that's when I started following them...

Sep 28, 2002

If i pm you the quiz

I can tell exactly when you opened it and when your reply was sent

So you can all do the quiz whenever you like and as long as you dont open the pm until you are ready to do it, I will know whether you opened it and then sent the reply within the time limit
    ok, then it's cool. if you can find out when your pm was read. but still, it's easy to cheat :D

OP

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #13
    ++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++

ok, then it's cool. if you can find out when your pm was read. but still, it's easy to cheat :D
    Yes if you team up you can easily cheat... However I have faith that people here are in the most part honest and as such would not do such a thing to win a game

I'll ad your name to the list then Fli

Sep 28, 2002

Yes if you team up you can easily cheat... However I have faith that people here are in the most part honest and as such would not do such a thing to win a game
    nah, most of people wont even care but zlatan could do that, just to prove the world he's the best :)

I'll ad your name to the list then Fli
    than you very much

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Paul, I'm in.

And, if by some miracle of God I end up winning, then I want to ride in your rebuilt 67 Shelby.

Fukk it. I wanna drive that bad boy!!!!

OP

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #20
    ++ [ originally posted by USA Juventini ] ++
    Paul, I'm in.

And, if by some miracle of God I end up winning, then I want to ride in your rebuilt 67 Shelby.

Fukk it. I wanna drive that bad boy!!!!
    Well when ive finnished it im gonna drive to italy, so swing by my apartment in turin in about 18months and i'll let you look at it:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)