reserve goalkeeper (1 Viewer)

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
dunno about you all, but i think that we should get a better reserve goalkeeper..chimenti is good, but from the matches i've seen him play last season, he wasnt that great IMO..and plus he's 33 or something rite...

here's a few 'keepers i'll rather have as the no.2 to buffon

1. anti niemi(finland)
he's real good, but will probably want more playing time...

2. Tony Sylva(senegal)
dont laugh ;) if any1 saw him in the world cup 02, u will know that he's rather good. he isnt the best, and has some weaknesses, but overall, he's good IMO

3. ian walker(england)
i think he's a real good gk, england quality..plus he's in Div 1 with leicester, so why not? ;)

any other suggestions?

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Dj Juve

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #2
    another gk...

Geert de Vlieger from belgium
    he isnt a a younster, but i think he's definitely good enuff to be no.2

nina

Feb 18, 2001
    Seeing that we got Carini back from Standard Liege and that it doesn't look like he will be going to some other club, it's all covered IMO.

OP
    Dj Juve

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #11
    ++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++
    Seeing that we got Carini back from Standard Liege and that it doesn't look like he will be going to some other club, it's all covered IMO.
    really? sure? :eek: i thought he was sold permanently

plus, i think he's too good to be our 2nd choice keeper..

Jul 12, 2002
    Mirante is the keeper of the future, the only reason Bonnefoi was the third keeper is so that Mirante got more time on the Primavera squad.

As for a new back-up, I don't think that it's necessary, but de Vlieger is the best mentioned so far.

My recommendation would be either Pagliuca or Alex Manniger...

Sep 28, 2002
    carini, chimenti, mirante, bonnefoi. i think is enough for reserve. loaned ot at juve they still are owned by juve so there is no need to spend more money for new players. and is carini really back, officially, with fanfares and orchestra? i still think he was SOLD to liege. anyway, carini is good, mirante and bonnefoi also, chimenti is not bad, better then seaman at least ;). and we still have world's #1 buffon. so no problem there. considering that substitute gk is probably the least playing player from reserve team, if 1st gk isn't injured, so carini/chimenti is just great for next season.

and yes, rampulla is gk coach

nina

Feb 18, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by El Idiota ] ++
    really? sure? :eek: i thought he was sold permanently

plus, i think he's too good to be our 2nd choice keeper..
    His price-tag is a bit high, so noone wanted (wants) to buy him. We just loaned him.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    agreed, he's too young to be wasted for years as a number two, when he could potentially become better than buffon, he has that much talent.

Sell him but insert a nasty 50% buy on clause when he gets a big move :devil:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)