reserve goalkeeper (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Edgar Davids ] ++
Carini is too good to be a second keeper. we should sell him as long as we have Buffon, for the best possible fee.
Well if Carini's too good to be a reserve keeper then so are Frey, Niemi, Sylva and most of the other keepers mentioned as well.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Carini is too good to be a second keeper. we should sell him as long as we have Buffon, for the best possible fee.
I agree that he's to good for a second place but I say loan him out to a Dutch club. He'll be peppered with shots in Holland - no better training around imo!

nina

Feb 18, 2001
We tried to sell him guys last summer and noone wanted him or the price was too big, do you really think we will find a good buyer now that he has a more bad than good season behind him?!?

OP
Dj Juve

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #26
    ++ [ originally posted by Godot ] ++

Well if Carini's too good to be a reserve keeper then so are Frey, Niemi, Sylva and most of the other keepers mentioned as well.
    i dunno why frey was even mentioned in this thread...

but sylva and neimi, especially sylva are good, but they dont really have much more potential IMO..they wont get much better than they are now...unlike Carini.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    I agree that he's to good for a second place but I say loan him out to a Dutch club. He'll be peppered with shots in Holland - no better training around imo!
    tru tru. wonder why there havent been too many great dutch keepers lately(besides vds ;))

OP
    Dj Juve

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #29
    that fella, skelenburg or something is wonderful IMO, tremendous talent.

westerweld is good too, 'cept for the blunder here and there...

nina

Feb 18, 2001
    bad season? did you see him? I didn't see him, so it would be much helpful if you can tell me how he was
    No I did not see him, but the fans told me that he didn't do a pretty good job although he played regularly.

OP
    Dj Juve

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #31
    doesnt really matter..from what i've seen from him, he's really good, too good to be a reserve..and chimenti isnt good enought to me.

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by El Idiota ] ++
    that fella, skelenburg or something is wonderful IMO, tremendous talent.

westerweld is good too, 'cept for the blunder here and there...
    All Keepers make blunders, everyone loves to fire Dutch keepers for it though, never got that...You don't see Barthez being kicked out for it, do ya? Whatever, you are right, there are a bunch of good Dutch keepers: De Goey was great for Chelsea up until a couple of seasons ago, VDS, Westerveld, Stekelenburg, Watterus...

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Godot ] ++
    Why? He's too good to be a reserve and no-one is good enough to take Gigi's throne :strong:
    Maybe cudicini can keep in serie a and gigi in champs league.

;) :thumb:

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    i dont think we need a top class sub GK. Chimenti is good enough.

Anyway, i was wondering why we dont sell Carini. we can make a lot of $$ from selling him. teams like Arsenal really want a GK.

I'm sure you aren't gonna keep Carini as a sub because he's too good to play backup for Buffon for the next 10 years!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)