Repurcusions for Roma (1 Viewer)

Jeannette

Aug 16, 2004
Actually, it isn't. There was a similar case, concerning Wisla Cracow, when the club was banned from all UEFA competions for 2 seasons. So if they banned Wisla for sth like that, they should ban Roma too. Of course, it's obvious that Wisla is no Roma, I'm not comparing these teams, but it just not fair. And, I've never expected that to happen, nevertheless they should.

Buy on AliExpress.com

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
Well exactly, as I said earlier about that case: UEFA will not ban big club, they only can ban small teams.

That punishment for Roma is just funny, all UEFA talking about taking a look at Roma's stadium and fans turned out to be big bs.

River

Jun 15, 2004
Come on that ban is fair. Roma need to deal with the offending fans and ban them. But it would be to much to throw the club out of the competition over this.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by River ] ++
Come on that ban is fair. Roma need to deal with the offending fans and ban them. But it would be to much to throw the club out of the competition over this.
It´s still incredibly inconsistent. I think they at least should have thrown them out this year, but I´m very biased.

K10

Jul 12, 2002
How's banning/eliminating Roma going to solve the problems of the fans?
It's not Roma's fault.

Put yourself in their shoes. ie, Juventus.

River

Jun 15, 2004
Would have been to harsh. Alot of work goes into to making it to this competition, and alot of clubs depend on the money generated by it. One referee getting hit with a coin shouldnt end all that.

Juve, Real, Man Utd would never ever ever be kicked out, so why should Roma?

Jan 7, 2004
Would have been to harsh. Alot of work goes into to making it to this competition, and alot of clubs depend on the money generated by it. One referee getting hit with a coin shouldnt end all that.

becoz it the second time roma fans do this

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by K10 ] ++
It's not Roma's fault.

Well, the club is responsible for security, and the "fan" there belonged to Roma. Hurting Roma hurts him and guys like him. If something similar happened to Juve I would accept us being kicked out, if that was the regular procedure.

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Torkel ] ++

Well, the club is responsible for security, and the "fan" there belonged to Roma. Hurting Roma hurts him and guys like him. If something similar happened to Juve I would accept us being kicked out, if that was the regular procedure.

thats easy to say

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by K10 ] ++
It's not Roma's fault.

I dont have to do that once again: read above: they banned Wisła.

So they dont treat teams equally.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
That`s also wrong, so I don´t see how that makes it right.

Of course it would hurt Roma bad, but I´m sure it hurt the Polish club that was kicked out for two years a lot too.

River

Jun 15, 2004
Would you really though? A referee cant expect to be completely safe in a crowd of 50,000 people. Sooner or later this happens. The club will lose alot of money and already lost 3 points and 3 goals against. I think its enough. Its a football competition, football is the most important part.

Jan 7, 2004
Would you really though? A referee cant expect to be completely safe in a crowd of 50,000 people. Sooner or later this happens. The club will lose alot of money and already lost 3 points and 3 goals against. I think its enough. Its a football competition, football is the most important part.

not in the 21st century.

football is a bussiness. you think a manager wakes up every morning thinkin how can i make those fans happy ?

River

Jun 15, 2004
Im not saying it was right Wisla was kicked out. They shouldnt have been. In general a team shouldnt be kicked out for this.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
thats easy to say
I know, I just said it.:) Point being?

It´s easy to say: "get the guy and punish him, he´s to blame", but in most cases the person who throws and ruins the match will not be caught. If clubs aren´t punished a lot people will not think twice before throwing stuff, and a lot of people might not try and stop people who are throwing things.

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Torkel ] ++

I was writing sth similar, so just quote you :)

The way sme of those "fans" behave is just beyond me. If kicking them out would be some solution, or a way to teach them how to behave, it should be done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)