replacing Davids (1 Viewer)

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
:down: but he's definitely going now..if not to Roma, then to Real(they desperately need a DM)..so come next summer we are losing out star Hardman.

so that means we are either gonna replace him with some1, or keep it they way it is and recall Blasi or a loan player.

IMHO, i think that while Appiah has loads of potential and stuff, he still has plenty to learn, and not having a fellow hardman-tackling-engine man (;)), we would be rather weak there. We have Tacchinardi(too slow and isnt really as determined as Davids, but still good as a holding mid) and Maresca who is more of a creative DM than a tackling DM. And plus Manuele Blasi is good but is not at the same world-class level or Davids.

So, I think we should get a new replacement for Davids.

here's some..um..candidates

Mark Van Bommel....he'll be expensive, but sooner or later he's gonna leave the Holland league, so he wouldnt be so hard to woo to juve. And plus he's young and has loads of potential. but he'll cost a lot, and juve doesnt buy expensive often :down:

Patrick Vieira... from his performance this season, it looks like he's had enough with Arsenal..he'll be VERY expensive, but he's, along with Davids and Makelele, the best of their kind in the game IMHO. and plus he's had a bad time in Serie A before...

that;s about all i can think off..maybe Xabi Alonso from Sociedad, but i dunno..who should we replace davids with?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I only want us to get stankvić. He's more attacking than Davids, but can do the job defensevly too, and he can play on the left side IMO.

If we cant get him, I dont want anybody. Get Blasi back from loan, put him on the bench and give me a central midfield pairing of Appiah and Maresca :extatic:

OP
Dj Juve

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    so it would be like this?

------maresca----appiah----stankovic
    --camo/miccoli--------------neddy

?

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by discobamba ] ++
    :down: but he's definitely going now..if not to Roma, then to Real(they desperately need a DM)..so come next summer we are losing out star Hardman.

so that means we are either gonna replace him with some1, or keep it they way it is and recall Blasi or a loan player.

IMHO, i think that while Appiah has loads of potential and stuff, he still has plenty to learn, and not having a fellow hardman-tackling-engine man (;)), we would be rather weak there. We have Tacchinardi(too slow and isnt really as determined as Davids, but still good as a holding mid) and Maresca who is more of a creative DM than a tackling DM. And plus Manuele Blasi is good but is not at the same world-class level or Davids.

So, I think we should get a new replacement for Davids.

here's some..um..candidates

Mark Van Bommel....he'll be expensive, but sooner or later he's gonna leave the Holland league, so he wouldnt be so hard to woo to juve. And plus he's young and has loads of potential. but he'll cost a lot, and juve doesnt buy expensive often :down:

Patrick Vieira... from his performance this season, it looks like he's had enough with Arsenal..he'll be VERY expensive, but he's, along with Davids and Makelele, the best of their kind in the game IMHO. and plus he's had a bad time in Serie A before...

that;s about all i can think off..maybe Xabi Alonso from Sociedad, but i dunno..who should we replace davids with?
    In my mind, there are only a few players out there who could replace Daovids, and I don't think that any you mentioned fit the bill.

First, Steven Gerrard would not only replace Davids, IMO, he would be an improvement. He'd be ridiculously expensive and immensely hard to woo away from Liverpool, but he's easily the best option out there.

Second, Owen Hargreaves has all of the right qualities to replace Davids, and is even a little more versatile. He's not really getting the spots and time at Bayern that he would like, so getting him away wouldn't be too hard, IMO, but he'd be really expensive also.

The third, and best option, IMO, depends upon Matteo Brighi's return to form. Brighi is the natural replacement for Davids, a very good two way player who can move out to the left. He's half ours already and that alone makes him the best choice, but the fact that, should he return to form, he'd be as good as Davids makes it all the better.

Jul 12, 2002
    so it would be like this?

------maresca----appiah----stankovic
    --camo/miccoli--------------neddy

?
    That's craptacular. Why is Maresca playing on the right defensive midfield role? And why do we have three d-mids on the field at once? And we'd have to change the whole formation, find defenders who work in a three man system...

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    IMO, Davids-Appiah defensive mid is a dream come true :touched:

Just look at davids and appiah. One is not even on form (davids) and the other one is doing just great.

I really like this partnership...because with tach..we lack that agressivity in the mid,,,,but with davids-appiah, we have class with appiah, and with davids, force and personality.

its just awesome.

Hope that davids will stay.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
    First, Steven Gerrard would not only replace Davids, IMO, he would be an improvement. He'd be ridiculously expensive and immensely hard to woo away from Liverpool, but he's easily the best option out there.[/b]

Yes, I'm sure he'd do a great job jumping in with those two-footed tackles :p Seriously though, he does them a lot, and a couple of weeks ago he was lucky not to get sent off for it.

Actually, I like the guy, he's a decent player with one of the best shots i've seen (when he actually pulls them off). I somehow don't think he'd fit in at Juve though, even if we got him

Second, Owen Hargreaves has all of the right qualities to replace Davids, and is even a little more versatile. He's not really getting the spots and time at Bayern that he would like, so getting him away wouldn't be too hard, IMO, but he'd be really expensive also.
    If he's not getting time at Bayern, he's not good enough for us :stuckup: naaah I like the guy, pity he lost his chance at WC2002 :(

The third, and best option, IMO, depends upon Matteo Brighi's return to form. Brighi is the natural replacement for Davids, a very good two way player who can move out to the left. He's half ours already and that alone makes him the best choice, but the fact that, should he return to form, he'd be as good as Davids makes it all the better.
    Agreed

slack

Dec 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

In my mind, there are only a few players out there who could replace Daovids, and I don't think that any you mentioned fit the bill.

First, Steven Gerrard would not only replace Davids, IMO, he would be an improvement. He'd be ridiculously expensive and immensely hard to woo away from Liverpool, but he's easily the best option out there.

Agree on Steven Gerrard though he’s shown himself to be quite a prick at times. Discipline will be another problem and unfortunately, this comes in a package deal with his ability. Lastly, the chance of him leaving England is as good as them winning the World Cup.

Owen Hargreaves does a bit of everything but not exactly outstanding in any in particular … uncanny resemblance to Macca. The ideal guy in Bayern who does everything excellently poses the same problems Juve will encounter with Steven Gerrard.

Brighi is, I’m afraid, damaged goods. That cocked-up deal with Parma on DV screwed him permanently so much so that Blasi, whom I consider a very average player, actually appears to be a better bet now. Another season languishing with Brescia (quite frankly doomed without Mazzone) isn’t the best place for confidence therapy.

In the Serie A, the most obvious candidate is Stankovic. An excellent all-rounder in the mould of Jugovic, we should get him if only to prevent strengthening the ilk of the Milans. The next guy I like the look of is Christian Obodo in Perugia. A young, talented and relatively unknown quantity, he’s the kinda guy Moggi will realistically be going for if it hasn’t been wrapped up already. We were linked with him last season, I believe, while trying to sort out the Miccoli/Blasi situation.

Lastly, Spain is the last place I’d go looking for GKs, DMs and defenders. Their defence, be it individually or collectively, is basically a joke.

Just to add on, nobody knows for sure if Davids is leaving at all. Any particular circumstance could prompt an abrupt change in mind of either party during the course of the season. What's certain is that this is gonna be a very interesting one ahead ...

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    i think we have his replacement already. Appiah is a superstar in the making and of course we still ahve Maresca who i think everyone believes that he can be great, except for maybe Lippi:confused:

i dont like gerrard and i dont rate him near davids. same goes for hargreaves. he isnt anywhere near davids!

i'd say stick with appiah and maresca, and bring back brighi and of course blasi. these players are all young and very good. what they need is playing time and a chance to prove themselves.

if we are to buy a player, i would go for a stankovic before others. becuae heis very versitile and can add different dimensions to our midfield.

OP
    Dj Juve

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #10
    you people are missing the point...do you think that gerrard or maresca will dominate the midfield and make opposing players shit in their pants in fear? while they are good players, they're not the same kinda player..lemme put it this way, which would you rather be tackled by? by Maresca or by Davids or Vieira? aggresion is a key part in this job..

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    you people are missing the point...do you think that gerrard or maresca will dominate the midfield and make opposing players shit in their pants in fear? while they are good players, they're not the same kinda player..lemme put it this way, which would you rather be tackled by? by Maresca or by Davids or Vieira? aggresion is a key part in this job..
    Good point... intimidation is part of his game, and he does such great hustling and threatening... :sigh: he'll be sorely missed should we have to replace him...

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    Gerrard? Hargreaves? No thanks, they're not in Davids league.

Moggi himself said it, "if we lose Davids on a free, we shall be getting a player of equal value on a free" obviously referring to Stankovic, though Inter seems very close to sign him in January.

Btw reports in Italy say that Davids told the Roma players after Sunday's match, not to listen to media reports saying that he will join Real or Chelsea, cos he will only go to Roma.

OP
    Dj Juve

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #13
    great, we now have stankovic then :extatic: now Lippi just needs to make him more aggresive (like what Ferguson did with Phil Neville)..

Dhaliwich

Aug 24, 2003
    I think it would be a good idea for Juve to get some danish spark on the first team. What about Thomas Graversen from Everton. He's a very hard working midfielser, with a usefull ability to keep everyone around him going.

It's been too long since any danes played for juve. Last one was Laudrup (I think)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    That's probably cos there are no danish players worth playing for Juve at the moment ;)

Yeah Graversen is a hard working midfielder, but he's not Juve material.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    IM very sure that Juve guys will let davids go, because they have already maresca, olivera tach and appiah in the MId.

I know, none of this have the agressivity of davods,,,but looking at juve´s point of view,,,they will eliminate davida wages,,and will have space for maresca and olivera.

At least this is what i think they are planning

JUVESUPPORTER

Aug 25, 2003

Patrick Vieira... from his performance this season, it looks like he's had enough with Arsenal..he'll be VERY expensive,

actually his contract is expiring soon and I think hes had enuff with Arsenal....:D................imagine that......Vieri at juve:D

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    if we do get stankovic, i wonder type of formation we will play.

maybe Nedved will be back to the left side of midfield.

nedved, stankovic, tacchinardi, maresca, appiah, camoranesi, olivera, brighi, blasi as midfielders is good enough for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)