Replacement for captain? (1 Viewer)

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
well lets all go and tart a debate about it now like a true masri.....:rolleyes: :D j/k i love u masris.....:D

I think they are looking for the captain to be italian, ruling neddy, thuram, davids, trezeguet out.

the player has to be an important first team player, one who is considered important(i mean REALLY, not just a consoling- oh he's an important person...IN THE DRESSING ROOM)

that rules out ferrara and conte(age), iuliano, pessotto, birindelli(importance, first team material)

the person must be somewhat charismatic and have some leadership qualities- be a 'playa' kinda player...rules buffon out

the only remaining player: tacchi.

remember these attributes are purely idealistic...:)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
Tacchi has the heart and leadership skills.

i liked when he was Capitan at the end of the Juve-Feyenoord game where juve drew 1-1. when juve had a free-kick just after PVH scored against juve. Tacchi kept moving the ball closer to the Fey goal when the ref was fixing the wall !! :LOL: he was trying to get them back after what VH did.

:thumb:

i just wish Tacchi could play like a starter in one of the best teams in Europe.

Dr. Flava

Feb 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by lacrease ] ++
well lets all go and tart a debate about it now like a true masri.....:rolleyes: :D j/k i love u masris.....:D

I think they are looking for the captain to be italian, ruling neddy, thuram, davids, trezeguet out.

the player has to be an important first team player, one who is considered important(i mean REALLY, not just a consoling- oh he's an important person...IN THE DRESSING ROOM)

that rules out ferrara and conte(age), iuliano, pessotto, birindelli(importance, first team material)

the person must be somewhat charismatic and have some leadership qualities- be a 'playa' kinda player...rules buffon out

the only remaining player: tacchi.

remember these attributes are purely idealistic...:)
Sorry, but I'm going for Davids.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
Remember how he likes shouting at the defence after every goal in his net and that 'mad-man' look :D

Love it :cool:
Just as long as you don't believe he's a leader, it's fine with me :D

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Well,when Ale goes off he usually hands over the captain's armband to Conte so I expect that Antonio will take over the captaincy. Other candidates are Ferrara,Davids,Thuram and to a lesser extent Nedved and Buffon.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++
official vice cap is tachhi... if hes fit
Then why was Ciro C yesterday against Man? Good pick imo as Ciro is older and wiser and hmmm is like a father out there :)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
We've been over this before...

1. Alex
2. Ferrara
3. Tacchi
4. Pesso

Not sure how Conte fits the bill now that he's not playing regularly.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
As captain (Ciro Ferrara) after Conte ‘s defection, he was ready to lead the team with great spirit ...

From juventus.com, so I guess Conte is still the one who comes after DP if he's in the 1st line-up :)

So it's: Dp, Conte, Ferrara, Tacchinardi ...

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
but trez playeed terrible...either fumbled or looked too sluggish.

imo the captain need not be someone italian.....as long as he has been at the club long enough,has character and has leadership qualities...

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++
imo the captain need not be someone italian.....as long as he has been at the club long enough,has character and has leadership qualities...
That's the criterion in fact. Conte is the longest serving Juventino, Alex 2nd, Ferrara 3rd etc.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
I have to disagree here, Juve's C should always be an Italian :angel: And preferably a defender although that's not a must.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
It's Inter ... short for Internazionale ... of course I don't mind Zanetti :D No seriously, it's just how I feel. Juventus is an italian club and although they have (had/will) very important foreigners playing for it I would still always chose an Italian to represent it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)