Renewed Respect? (1 Viewer)

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
After our recent show in the Champions League do you get the feeling that we've gotten a renewed sense of respect from the rest of Europe? I don't know about you but I felt a sense of respect from the Real players (aside from a couple fools) and then to see the fans give Del Piero a standing ovation was just the icing on the cake.

I feel like people are realizing what we are all about and the label that "Juve are cheaters" we all feared after our demotion is slowly but surely wiping away.

Your thoughts?

Buy on AliExpress.com

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
i don't know if that was enough to regain honest respect from europe...

a wise man said "they must be in crisis, thats why we won" and that will be said about us and real. they will say that we only win because real has schuster who is brainless.

lets advance further in the champions league and the respect will follow (hopefully they will still underrate us for a while)...

OP
Zé Tahir

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4
    Have you read the newspapers? I've been reading the Spanish newspapers for the past hour and they can't stop talking about us. We're da shit.

rounder

Blindman
    Jun 13, 2007
    I think Europe in general has started to renew their respect towards Juve more so than Real. Real Madrid are perhaps still bitter after the loss and that is understandable, it will take a while before they acknowledge the "Juve are cheaters" label was fallacious.

Also, I must agree with Martin here. There has been a new found respect for Juve undoubtedly; beating Real Madrid twice in the space of two weeks is by no means easy. However, I think most football fans and even players will have much more respect towards Del piero.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    Good thread, Tahir.

Personally, I think we never lost our respect but we gained "more". European top teams and Italian teams do know what our team represents and do know what we can offer. Apart from the hate that too many clubs got for us, inside them they know that we are an opponent to be respected and nothing else. Specially when we face them.

Also another point I want to add is that, one of the reasons we are more respected is due to the likes of "Buffon, Trezeguet, Del Piero, Camoranesi, Nedved etc" Half of them are world Champions that played in Serie B and now European teams/fans get to see this that we are again back to where we should be thanks to them.

Last year also proves why we are respected, and thats because we never lost to a big team [up till now], considering what squad and players we had last year coming from Serie B. We managed to beat CL winners Milan, we managed to beat so called Italian champions Inter, and we never lost to them except to Inter in Coppa and I wouldn't call that a loss, TBH.

Like I said, I think we are gaining more respect, but we never lost it before.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    You have to give serious props to Del Piero for his form. And Juve has found a recent groove that is reminiscent of their former selves: playing better than the sum of their parts. And who doesn't love the story of the fight back from the edge as Juve had in B?

Throw in that as much as you may dislike Ranieri, the team had the right gameplan and executed it very well yesterday. Particularly given the extensive injuries.

That much we deserve. But that respect is really also on thin ice. This is a team that was in a major crisis just a couple of weeks ago, and it only takes a couple weeks of poor results to end up back there. So if anything, our team "stock" is overvalued now, just as it was undervalued 2 weeks ago.

What concerns me is that this string of victories, and the losses that preceded it, remind me of recent AC Milan play: always up for the big games, but taking our eye off the ball and focus off the details when facing less glamorous competition. And Ranieri is still full of major disappointments and bewildering choices... something that may not survive the next crisis or two.

Until we can break that cycle and play up for those other games, you can forget any Scudetto hopes this year. This team has much rebuilding to continue to do.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
    I don't give a fuck about the rest of europe. Those guys can easily call us cheaters whenever a small incident happens in the future (same with others in italy). This label won't be erased anytime soon (probably they're forget in 20 years or so). We all know what this club is all about and we all know how our players fought hard to win those trophies.

A team that reaches 3 champions league finals in a row can't be simply cheating to win their domestic leagues. We were dominating europe in the 90's thats just a fact. Juve will always be juve no matter what others will think about us....

Byrone

Peen Meister
    Dec 19, 2005
    Most definitely! Considering that Buffon,Trez & Camo didn't feature in Juve's sudden winning streak ppl are starting to give Juve the much needed respect that is deserved.Ive said it many times but beating teams like Real sends out a clear message that you can compete with the best that europe has to offer.

With great results comes great hype,players that are of high standard will look at Juve in a rather positive manner.Now its Juve's turn to reject certain players than be rejected imo.

On a sour note,expect a whole lot more gloryhunting fans in the months to come!

AlexTheGreat

May 10, 2006
    Most definitely! Considering that Buffon,Trez & Camo didn't feature in Juve's sudden winning streak ppl are starting to give Juve the much needed respect that is deserved.Ive said it many times but beating teams like Real sends out a clear message that you can compete with the best that europe has to offer.

With great results comes great hype,players that are of high standard will look at Juve in a rather positive manner.Now its Juve's turn to reject certain players than be rejected imo.

On a sour note,expect a whole lot more gloryhunting fans in the months to come!
    F#ck them:(

Byrone

Peen Meister
    Dec 19, 2005
    Ejecting those wankers was perhaps the best thing about going to Serie B.
    Oh so true!

Now that were getting more respect in europe,i would appreciate it if goal.com & co would start linking us with players like Benzema from now on.:D

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
    Have you read the newspapers?
    what has the newspaper talk to do with this ?

i thought we're talking about the footballing world (e.g. other clubs and so on) and not some commentators that don't know how the spell the names of our players, always mispronounce them and tell that molinaro is a great right winger ... only because a newspaper writes something it does not become true ... just like the "rift between players and ranieri" they reported about...

it is more important to gain respect from the other footballers and clubs, because that will come in handy in the transfer period ... you can not buy a shit with some paper that yesterday wrote that juve is dead and in a crisis and the next day praise you.

it's like ranieri said ... next time we lose they'll bash ranieri again ... these people do not have a clue, so fuck them media with commentators whom favourite sport is horse backriding or such shit.

Il Re

-- 10 --
    Jan 13, 2005
    what has the newspaper talk to do with this ?

i thought we're talking about the footballing world (e.g. other clubs and so on) and not some commentators that don't know how the spell the names of our players, always mispronounce them and tell that molinaro is a great right winger ... only because a newspaper writes something it does not become true ... just like the "rift between players and ranieri" they reported about...

it is more important to gain respect from the other footballers and clubs, because that will come in handy in the transfer period ... you can not buy a shit with some paper that yesterday wrote that juve is dead and in a crisis and the next day praise you.

it's like ranieri said ... next time we lose they'll bash ranieri again ... these people do not have a clue, so fuck them media with commentators whom favourite sport is horse backriding or such shit.
    to be honest, i think a lot of players have respect for juventus, i remember reading an interview with anderson of manchester, and he said the biggest threats will be the english clubs barca and juventus, he also said that juventus is a wounded giant, and will be very dangerous

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
    to be honest, i think a lot of players have respect for juventus, i remember reading an interview with anderson of manchester, and he said the biggest threats will be the english clubs barca and juventus, he also said that juventus is a wounded giant, and will be very dangerous
    you will see the respect we got in the winter ... let's just see what players we will get and who will chose to suck on money dicks in the epl ...

talk is talk, but do they walk the walk ?

i read that from anderson too, but that was an goal.com article !

Il Re

-- 10 --
    Jan 13, 2005
    you will see the respect we got in the winter ... let's just see what players we will get and who will chose to suck on money dicks in the epl ...

talk is talk, but do they walk the walk ?

i read that from anderson too, but that was an goal.com article !
    lol i didn't realise, i mean, literally, do they just make up quotes? becuase a lot of the time i find interview on goal.com that i don't see on other sites

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
    lol i didn't realise, i mean, literally, do they just make up quotes? becuase a lot of the time i find interview on goal.com that i don't see on other sites
    there is a rule that you are not allowed to post goal.com articles here, because the do invent stuff.

in 100% of the cases they do write a title that does not in any way match what was even quoted

when they do translate they obviously try to translate it in a way to get more readers and more spectacle.

it is really funny comparing articles from channel4 with goal.com articles on the same topic ... you will see the difference...

i did not mean to say that anderson could not have said that, but seeing that goal.com is a somewhat italian based site they obviously like to focus on italian clubs and news...

and further on, goal.com will create an article, then when you forgot about it, will post the article a month later again as if it was a new article (in fact they date it as if it was new) ... these things really do happen there

if you go on goal.com better only read the quotes or^if you wanna have a laugh compare the titles with the quotes and you'll see they do not even once match ^^

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

The newfound respect means jack shit to me TBH, when I see the calls Inter and Milan are getting in the leauge. When they're sent to rot in Serie B, than I'll be pleased. Lets clean up Serie A to the core.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)