remembering edgar davids (2 Viewers)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
great player...can't even describe wat he did.
really felt bad wen he left.
i like watching totenham games just to watch davids play.

buona fortuna to him

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
well, personally, i understand why he left juventus, i would have done the same thing, but leaving barca, so unreasonable
he didnt leave barca , he was on a 6 months loan from juve. then he a free agent, then went to barca. Frank Rijkard didnt want him for some reason.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Probably he doesn't like players that create a fool out of himself in his private life.

Frank Rijkard admiited that Rolandinho is indeed a colourful player on the pitch, but a colourful private life as well, he isn't at all pleased about Ronnie's life, so this might be 1 of the reasons Rijkard rejected him. Also Davids loves $$$

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Always reminded me of the Predator. Great player! I remember before the 2002 World Cup, Pele was asked who he reckoned were the best players around, and for midfield he said that Davids and Zidane were the best.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
++ [ originally posted by sateeh ] ++

he didnt leave barca , he was on a 6 months loan from juve. then he a free agent, then went to barca. Frank Rijkard didnt want him for some reason.
That isn't true at all. Rijkaard and assistant Henk ten Cate stated that they would love Davids at the club time and time again, but that he rejected them because Inter offered much higher wages. That caused the public opinion to go against Davids and now look where he is.

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
i remember him when they came to malta in a pre season friendly, all the ground was booing him i dont know why maybe because he insulted someone

neath_lad

Jun 25, 2004
i hear rumours from amny people in his last season with juve, that he hated the club so much that he wanted to stay with us to the end of his contract so we wouldnt get no oney for him and that why will loaned him to barca.

hope its not true.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
++ [ originally posted by djleli ] ++
i remember him when they came to malta in a pre season friendly, all the ground was booing him i dont know why maybe because he insulted someone
Cos allegedly he pushed his way through the crowd at the airport. Really stupid reason to boo him.

Neath_Lad that's a pile of bull.

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by sateeh ] ++

i heard he went to inter, because their offer was better. this is what i heard

++ [ originally posted by Mr. Gol ] ++

That isn't true at all. Rijkaard and assistant Henk ten Cate stated that they would love Davids at the club time and time again, but that he rejected them because Inter offered much higher wages. That caused the public opinion to go against Davids and now look where he is.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Not to forget that Juve brought life back into his ailing career when he was just a reserve for Milan and considered just average.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)