Referees' favourism over Juve? (1 Viewer)

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
All of our commentators use to say this and I hate them for that.

But let me tell you what I think : take Paparesta. He was named the best referre in Serie A last season. And our sportsmen said that he was the best Juve favoriser.

Can they name the best referee an un-honest one :) ?

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
its all bs. just because juve is dominating in italy, other people make rumours like that... if your looking for conspiracy look at milan. their present is the pm of italy and thier vice president is the president of serie a... ;) im not saying that there is corruption, but you can point to milan just as much as you can point to roma, juve or any other club.

However, people have said that how can a club that has won 27 serie a's, only have won 2 cls. that what most people say to back up their statement. but the fact of the matter is: juve have been in lots of cl finals, but just lost in the last game... i just tell them to look at how many times juve have been runners up in cl, then they stop talking and turn around ;)

By the way, welcome to the forums :)

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
He/she will sure have, but talking about favours, you are right about that Milan fact, PM ... I don't know what to think. Just that the team is owned by a premier who isn't too loved in Italy and maybe this is the cause of non too obvious favours accorded to Milan.

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
Yes, but you know, this is what usually happends with big teams, or better said, with successful teams.

E.g. Romania was never favourised by the referees, exactly the opponent. I don't complain though, because a good team has to know how to win despite the refs. Still, remeber the Byron Moreno case and here you go, have a classic case :D

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Whoever said its all BS is being very naive. Refereeing bias comes with the territory of supporting a big club, and Juve are the biggest club. It doesn't discredit any of our achievements but you have to live with the other fans excuses.

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
++ [ originally posted by dreamer ] ++
I'm a Juve fan but heard a lota pple saying referees favour Juve and 'dislikes' Roma. Do u all notice that?

Anyway, who cares? :D
As long as what benefits us, i dun mind what pple had said.

Comments?
a lot stupid people claims we did not deserved to win out last 2 scudettos. but this is bullhit of course

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Tom said it as it is. Of course the refs are biased, it's more than natural.

If a big team is playing against a small team, and there is a dubious incident, the ref will unkowingly favour the bigger team. It's all psychological.

Still, the best team always wins no matter what.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
its not BS that we do get the good end of the stick on occasions during the season.

that being said, it doesnt mean that we pay the refs as many suggest. Its obvious that the ref will tend to favour the big team always.

however, it must stated that Milan were definately favoured by the ref more than any other in italy last season.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Of course we're being favoured! Football is inevitably intertwined with politics and money, especially in Italy. I remember the polls showing a decrease in votes for Berlusconi everytime Milan lost prior to the last elections in Italy.

But we're not the only ones who are being favoured, don't worry.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Roma were caught giving away Rolex watches to refs as 'Christmas gifts', but no one is accussing Roma of anything .. they always come back to us because we keep winning ..

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Yes, we are being favored at times but trends change. In Roma's scudetto winning season, it was clear to all they got a lot of calls their way and you may recall we only lost by 2 points that season.

Last year (01-02) it was all about Juve and the past season everyone pointed their fingers at Milan, so it clearly fluctuates.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
All big teams are favoured at the end of the day. During the 97/98 season, when Inter were claiming there was a conspiracy to make Juve win, I remember the Inter website listing down around 13 referee 'mistakes' which went towards juve's way.

Lippi said it best when he replied: "Inter are listing 13 mistakes made by the refs in our favour? I could list 13 other mistakes where they got favoured"

That's so true, cos whenever there is a mistake in favour of Juve, all hells breaks loose, but when it is in favour of other teams, then it's jsut a mistake :rolleyes:

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Yes there is some favourism, but it is cause Juventus is the team who won more and is more respected... I think the same happen with Real in Spain, ecc... of course when a big team play vs a small one when the referee is undecided he do not want to go vs the big. Is normal... also in European cups is the same.

4 Roma... I don't know... there weare some ref's mistake but actually Capello get mad even 4 a lateral fault, so...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)