Redevelopment of Delle Alpi (5 Viewers)

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by ravanelli78 ] ++
u know... me too I would like a name for the stadium like "Stadio Giovanni ed Umberto Agnelli", but we have to be realistic: Juve has not anymore the economic support of the Agnelli family and consequently of FIAT Group. Juve has imperatively the duty to raise new sources of revenues everywhere, or the alternative will be an inexorable decline.

Anyway there is a nice news: actually one of the Avenues around the Stadium is called “Grande Torino Avenue”, dedicated to the legendary team of the 40ies of Torino Calcio (the second team of Turin). But Juventus wanted to build there his central office and it would be certainly a contradiction to have the central office in “Grande Torino Avenue”!!!

So Juventus made a deal with the municipality of Turin and the Avenue will have the name “Giovanni and Umberto Agnelli Avenue”, that sounds great!!! (Grande Torino Avenue will be replaced near the old restructured stadium of Torino Calcio in the new Olympic Park)

hoping that Juve would not sell also tha naming rights of the Avenues...
first, i dont know what inexorable means

second and more importantly, thats nice we'll have the avenues named after them, but it sounds awful having your stadium named after some big company. it sounds "american". here all the hockey arenas have names like "compaq center" "staples center" and so forth. i think we should have enough pride as a club not to sell out our stadium name to some big company just for some cash. soon we'll have to change our name to JuvenNIKEtus F.C.. there has to be some way to raise lots of money without sacrificing our clubs integrity?(sorry cant think of a good word for it at the moment :D )

Buy on AliExpress.com

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by LaPrimaJuve ] ++

Bro, I hate to say it, but tradition might not be worth a 150 to 200 million Euro deal. Think of what Juve could do with that!
become a mini real madrid/chelsea. money shouldnt be able to buy everything, but i guess it does:down:

however if we raised the money through our own success without giving up our traditions and morals as a club then yea of course a good 200 million$ would be cool:D

Oct 24, 2004

Wirklich, that sounds like a good time. I will be in Florence in Febraio 2005 for about three months. And then in Maggio I will be traveling Austria and Germany to visit relatives. I am in America, so four months will be a lot of time for me.:cheesy:
u livin in LA so... my dream is one day to visit the surrounding of LA like Venice Beach or Beverly hill... etc... it's cool like in television or not?

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004

u livin in LA so... my dream is one day to visit the surrounding of LA like Venice Beach or Beverly hill... etc... it's cool like in television or not?
i was in beverly hills like 3 months ago. its cool but not like amazing imo

i really like all the beaches down there though

Oct 24, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Sir Sebastian ] ++

become a mini real madrid/chelsea. money shouldnt be able to buy everything, but i guess it does:down:

however if we raised the money through our own success without giving up our traditions and morals as a club then yea of course a good 200 million$ would be cool:D
actually we are a MAXI real madrid and chelsea, lookin at every parameter: revenues (second only to manchester United), supporters (forst in Europe as the stud of AC Nielsen proves)...

and then, we are one of the most succesful team in Europe in the history...

Oct 24, 2004

first, i dont know what inexorable means

second and more importantly, thats nice we'll have the avenues named after them, but it sounds awful having your stadium named after some big company. it sounds "american". here all the hockey arenas have names like "compaq center" "staples center" and so forth. i think we should have enough pride as a club not to sell out our stadium name to some big company just for some cash. soon we'll have to change our name to JuvenNIKEtus F.C.. there has to be some way to raise lots of money without sacrificing our clubs integrity?(sorry cant think of a good word for it at the moment :D )
inexorable.. that's an english word I looked in the dictionary!! it's kinda "inevitable".. or whatever it's not important.

look, actually we have to raise funds everywhere cause otherwise we could not compete at top level in the future... In Italy already the Arenas of Basket and Volley are named with the sponsors.... like FilaForum, or Mazdapalace... also the basket and volley teams have the name of the sponsor before the name of the club, since the 80ies (its sounds scaring... but it's like that!!! u call Benetton the team of Treviso, or Armani the team of Milan!!!)

can u imagine to call "nike the "NY Knicks" or "Reebok" the Celtics???

I guess that a "Nike Arena" it's not beautiful at all but it's not a big sacrifice comparing to the money Juve can raise and mainly NEEDS.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004

actually we are a MAXI real madrid and chelsea, lookin at every parameter: revenues (second only to manchester United), supporters (forst in Europe as the stud of AC Nielsen proves)...

and then, we are one of the most succesful team in Europe in the history...
really? i have to say i didnt know we had the 2nd most revenue. but money wise are we the richest? we dont stupidly throw out 100's of millions on players like them and according to our report things we're just slightly in debt.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004

inexorable.. that's an english word I looked in the dictionary!! it's kinda "inevitable".. or whatever it's not important.

look, actually we have to raise funds everywhere cause otherwise we could not compete at top level in the future... In Italy already the Arenas of Basket and Volley are named with the sponsors.... like FilaForum, or Mazdapalace... also the basket and volley teams have the name of the sponsor before the name of the club, since the 80ies (its sounds scaring... but it's like that!!! u call Benetton the team of Treviso, or Armani the team of Milan!!!)

can u imagine to call "nike the "NY Knicks" or "Reebok" the Celtics???

I guess that a "Nike Arena" it's not beautiful at all but it's not a big sacrifice comparing to the money Juve can raise and mainly NEEDS.
your right i guess. its true money means pretty much everything now, but i wish it didnt

Oct 24, 2004

really? i have to say i didnt know we had the 2nd most revenue. but money wise are we the richest? we dont stupidly throw out 100's of millions on players like them and according to our report things we're just slightly in debt.
Actually we are second only because of the “matchday revenues”, so the revenues from stadium (tickets, local entertainments, merchandising). Here Manchester gains about 80 millions euro p.a. more than us, that’s incredible because in the other categories of revenues we gains a lot more than MU (TV Rights and Sponsorings, due mainly to our biggest quote of supporters in Europe). If Juventus’ projects Stadium and Mondo Juve will be successful, we can become largely the first European Club by revenues, and one of the most profitable of the world (in the world, actually only NY Yankees gain more than MU between the sport clubs).

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004

Actually we are second only because of the “matchday revenues”, so the revenues from stadium (tickets, local entertainments, merchandising). Here Manchester gains about 80 millions euro p.a. more than us, that’s incredible because in the other categories of revenues we gains a lot more than MU (TV Rights and Sponsorings, due mainly to our biggest quote of supporters in Europe). If Juventus’ projects Stadium and Mondo Juve will be successful, we can become largely the first European Club by revenues, and one of the most profitable of the world (in the world, actually only NY Yankees gain more than MU between the sport clubs).
thatd be cool but i hope we dont go spend our asses off like real and then play like crap

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
Juve to follow Arsenal example with sponsored stadium

MILAN, Oct 25 (Reuters) - Leading Italian club Juventus are to follow the example of England's Arsenal and sell the name of their new stadium to a sponsor.

In a statement the 27-times Italian champions said they planned to rebuild their Delle Alpi stadium in the next two years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Juventus said they had signed a deal with Envision, a division of the Los Angeles based company Wasserman Media Group, to find a new stadium and shirt sponsor.

Envision negotiated Arsenal's sponsorship with Emirates Airlines worth a potential 100 million pounds ($178.2 million), the biggest deal in English football history.

Arsenal's new stadium is to be called the 'Emirates Stadium' as part of the package which also includes shirt sponsorship.

"We are particularly happy to be the first Italian company, and among the first in Europe, to pursue naming rights for a stadium," said Romy Gai, Juventus's Chief Sales and Marketing Officer.

"Through this strategy we hope to become a leading example of how to successfully manage and develop a prominent stadium's potential."

The revamped stadium will hold 30-40,000 people, around half its current capacity, and the athletics track will be removed to bring fans closer to the pitch .

Juventus also hopes 200 executive boxes, with space for 2,000 guests, will help boost revenue.

The current Delle Alpi has never won the hearts of the Juve fans and crowds for big European games in Turin have slumped in recent years with only 18,000 watching last week's Champions League game against Bayern Munich.

Bayern and city rivals 1860 Munich, have also attracted a name sponsor for their new stadium in financial services company Allianz.

In recent years English clubs Middlesbrough, Bolton Wanderers and
Leicester City have also sold 'naming rights' to their grounds.

Jan 24, 2004

Wirklich, that sounds like a good time. I will be in Florence in Febraio 2005 for about three months. And then in Maggio I will be traveling Austria and Germany to visit relatives. I am in America, so four months will be a lot of time for me.:cheesy:
:cool:

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by djleli ] ++
Juve to follow Arsenal example with sponsored stadium

MILAN, Oct 25 (Reuters) - Leading Italian club Juventus are to follow the example of England's Arsenal and sell the name of their new stadium to a sponsor.

In a statement the 27-times Italian champions said they planned to rebuild their Delle Alpi stadium in the next two years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Juventus said they had signed a deal with Envision, a division of the Los Angeles based company Wasserman Media Group, to find a new stadium and shirt sponsor.

Envision negotiated Arsenal's sponsorship with Emirates Airlines worth a potential 100 million pounds ($178.2 million), the biggest deal in English football history.

Arsenal's new stadium is to be called the 'Emirates Stadium' as part of the package which also includes shirt sponsorship.

"We are particularly happy to be the first Italian company, and among the first in Europe, to pursue naming rights for a stadium," said Romy Gai, Juventus's Chief Sales and Marketing Officer.

"Through this strategy we hope to become a leading example of how to successfully manage and develop a prominent stadium's potential."

The revamped stadium will hold 30-40,000 people, around half its current capacity, and the athletics track will be removed to bring fans closer to the pitch .

Juventus also hopes 200 executive boxes, with space for 2,000 guests, will help boost revenue.

The current Delle Alpi has never won the hearts of the Juve fans and crowds for big European games in Turin have slumped in recent years with only 18,000 watching last week's Champions League game against Bayern Munich.

Bayern and city rivals 1860 Munich, have also attracted a name sponsor for their new stadium in financial services company Allianz.

In recent years English clubs Middlesbrough, Bolton Wanderers and
Leicester City have also sold 'naming rights' to their grounds.
Were have you got this from?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)