Redevelopment of Delle Alpi (2 Viewers)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I'm worried about this redevelopment thing though. It's probably gonna cost us a lot of money, and I still have my doubts as to whether it's gonna boost attendances that much. Sure, the atmosphere's probably gonna get better and all that, but will it really simply generate 20000 more fans who are willing to pay money to watch their team?

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Tell me Andy, if you were on the BoD of Juventus, would you have the balls to bring it up at a meeting? I wouldn't :D

Oct 24, 2004
Hi all!!

I'm studin economics and I recently discussed my final essay concerning Juventus last activities in Paris obtaining the maximal note, so I can answer to ur questions I think! I was also in Turin to interview the Juventus Investor Relator Marco Re.

Juventus new stadium will have 40.000 seats and it will be rebuilt in the Delle Alpi stadium due to an enormous "querelle" with the Turin Municipality. Juventus always wanted a brand new stadium but the problems were essentially two:

-The Delle Alpi stadium couldn't be abandoned cause it is a new Stadium built only 14 years ago, with public funds;
-Torino Calcio, the second club of Turin, had not the sources to maintain eventually the Delle Alpi, and neither the funds to build his own stadium.

The solution was to give the old Stadium of Turin (the "Comunale") to Torino Calcio, restructuring it partially with the Torino 2006 Winter Olympics public funds, and the Delle Alpi to Juventus, with one essential condition: it's not possible to change the external structure of the same stadium. This limitation conducts Juve to a project that allows only 40.000 seats (I'm not an engineer so I cannot says if this was a fake information or not).

Juventus is trying to change his target of supporter, in order to mind the gap with Manchester United in the "Matchday" revenues (revenues from the stadium)(Juventus actually gains more than Manchester from TV Rights and Sponsoring, being since four years the fourth club in Europe by revenues). The project’s target is essentially to have no more the violent "ultras" (kinda hooligans), but a new, rich audience, composed by one hand from the families, which can spend more money for tickets, and on the other hand with companies interested to "rent" the stadium for conferences and meetings, with the match Sunday or Wednesday ad an "add value", spending money in a sort of "Hotel Juventus". The 200 Corporate Boxes (a record in Europe, 50 more than Manchester United) will be built for this scope. Moreover, Juventus will build external and internal structures in order to gain more not only the day but also during the entire week. This means that a medium/rich supporter will have the possibility in the future, for instance in the day of the match, to park the car in the Juventus park places and not paying the illegal "parkmans", to eat in the Juventus fast food and not in the bars in the stadium area, to buy official merchandising instead of the actual illegal material. And maybe a family can come few hours before the match in order to have a lunch in the panoramic restaurant Juventus want to build in southern sector.

The supporters, but also tourists, can be interested in going to the stadiums thanks also to the attractions like the same stadium, the Juve museum, the commercial centre with the Juventus brand and a new attractions to be decided (multi screen cinema, go kart or whatever).

Stadium phases: 2005-06 first half capacity 30.000
2006-07 second half capacity 20.000
from 2007 40.000

Mondo Juve has the same concept, and works are already started. The concept is a big theme park with tha brand Juventus (very interesting in my opinion!!!). Around the training centre of all the teams of Juventus (from the kids to the first team) will be built a Commercial centre, sport facilities, a ministadium to turn the small training events, or the Junior teams official games, into a spectacle. The total area will be very big...!!

LaPrimaJuve

Sep 27, 2004
Bad news guys, take a look:

Curve d'Italia: Delle Alpi addio?
22/10/2004 21.07.00

http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=28907&progr=3

Il nuovo stadio sarà sponsorizzato?
Tra tre anni potremmo sentir dire “Colleghiamoci con lo stadio General Motors di Torino..., oppure con il China Airlines" o chissà quale altro nome ancora, ma di certo non sarà più il Delle Alpi. La Juventus football club ha dato incarico alla Wasserman Media Group Envision, l’incarico di sondare il mercato per trovare sia un partner per il nuovo stadio, sia un nuovo sponsor per la maglia. La Wassermann con sede a Los Angeles è la stessa che poco tempo fa ha fatto ricolmi di felicità i soci dell’Arsenal facendo entrare nelle casse della storica società londinese il faraonico contratto di sponsorizzazione degli
“Emirates Airlines”. La bellezza di 150 milioni di euro per 15 anni come controvalore della pubblicità sulle maglie e del nome dello stadio.

In gergo marketing l’operazione di “naming righs” è di tutto interesse per la juventus come ha puntualmente precisato il capo marketing della società
bianconera, Romy Gai, che quattro anni or sono conobbero la società americana e con la quale hanno stretto rapporti di partnership.

============================================

Basically, it's saying that the stadio will no longer be called. Stadio Della Alpi, but instead, they are trying to get a sponsor, just like Arsenal.

LO STADIO DI CHINA AIR
LO STADIO DI AMERICA ONLINE

And my Favorite...

LO STADIO DI ENRON

Oct 24, 2004
yes it is.. They’re following the Arsenal strategy, also if it's an idea 5 years old.

I think that Juventus, after the progressive redemption of the Agnelli family, has imperatively to exploit all tha possible chances to get more funds, mainly in this period, with the huge investments for the new Stadium and Mondo Juve.

I think that the deal with the new sponsor can be definitively higher in terms of fresh cash for Juventus, comparing to Arsenal (about 150 millions euro for 12-years sponsoring). Juventus FC as I said before is the club with more supporters in Europe (about 24 millions) and one of the most popular in the world. This will guarantee an incredible visibility for the new sponsor, certainly more than Arsenal.

I’m confident that this agreement could cover a big part of the new investments. Normally Juventus FC wanted to sell, before its building, a big part of Mondo Juve in order to finance the same project (it’s already sold to the building company about the 23% of the company “Campi Vinovo Spa”, which manage the project “Mondo Juve” and belongs to Juventus FC). But with this fresh cash, maybe Juventus could build a new strategy in order to return to have the majority of Mondo Juve, increasing its profits in the future.

Wassermann will also find a new “shirt” sponsor, and this is also a good signal because Juventus FC gains more than any football club in Europe, thanks to the double-dealing with Sky and Tamoil. If Juventus delegates another company to find a new sponsor, this means that it expects to gain even more.

Oct 24, 2004
The expected name is now Juventus Arena, and with the sponsor will be something like "Nike Arena", or like LaPrimaJuve supposed, "China Air Arena".

Ps LaPrimaJuve u speak italian, are u maybe italian?

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
why cant we be "Lo Stadio Di Juve" find another way to raise funds, the stadium name is too cleaky. next theyll be paying players 3 million euros to tattoo their logo on their forehead

Oct 24, 2004
u know... me too I would like a name for the stadium like "Stadio Giovanni ed Umberto Agnelli", but we have to be realistic: Juve has not anymore the economic support of the Agnelli family and consequently of FIAT Group. Juve has imperatively the duty to raise new sources of revenues everywhere, or the alternative will be an inexorable decline.

Anyway there is a nice news: actually one of the Avenues around the Stadium is called “Grande Torino Avenue”, dedicated to the legendary team of the 40ies of Torino Calcio (the second team of Turin). But Juventus wanted to build there his central office and it would be certainly a contradiction to have the central office in “Grande Torino Avenue”!!!

So Juventus made a deal with the municipality of Turin and the Avenue will have the name “Giovanni and Umberto Agnelli Avenue”, that sounds great!!! (Grande Torino Avenue will be replaced near the old restructured stadium of Torino Calcio in the new Olympic Park)

hoping that Juve would not sell also tha naming rights of the Avenues...

LaPrimaJuve

Sep 27, 2004
++ [ originally posted by ravanelli78 ] ++
The expected name is now Juventus Arena, and with the sponsor will be something like "Nike Arena", or like LaPrimaJuve supposed, "China Air Arena".

Ps LaPrimaJuve u speak italian, are u maybe italian?
Ho imparato tutto quello che posso dalla mia scuola ma non sono italiano. I am assuming that you, RAVA, are italian, no? Auch kann ich deutsch sprechen.

LaPrimaJuve

Sep 27, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Sir Sebastian ] ++
why cant we be "Lo Stadio Di Juve" find another way to raise funds, the stadium name is too cleaky. next theyll be paying players 3 million euros to tattoo their logo on their forehead

Bro, I hate to say it, but tradition might not be worth a 150 to 200 million Euro deal. Think of what Juve could do with that!

Oct 24, 2004
++ [ originally posted by LaPrimaJuve ] ++

Ho imparato tutto quello che posso dalla mia scuola ma non sono italiano. I am assuming that you, RAVA, are italian, no? Auch kann ich deutsch sprechen.
yes I'm from Turin, also if I'm travellin Europe since 4 years thanks to a international program of a business school. I was 1 year in Lisbon, 1 in Paris, 1 between Oxford and London and now I'm there in Berlin.... was amazin'!

LaPrimaJuve

Sep 27, 2004
++ [ originally posted by ravanelli78 ] ++

yes I'm from Turin, also if I'm travellin Europe since 4 years thanks to a international program of a business school. I was 1 year in Lisbon, 1 in Paris, 1 between Oxford and London and now I'm there in Berlin.... was amazin'!
Wirklich, that sounds like a good time. I will be in Florence in Febraio 2005 for about three months. And then in Maggio I will be traveling Austria and Germany to visit relatives. I am in America, so four months will be a lot of time for me.:cheesy:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)