Red Hot Chili Peppers (1 Viewer)

OP
adRHCP

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
  • Thread Starter #102
    Well it is a bit relevant, at least for the RHCP. Their first record without John Frusciante for a long time. The first time they go on tour in four years. I appreciate more that than the fact of a new record, their history has been told, everything that comes later is just an extra.

There are some good songs on the record and in the b-sides tho :p

ZizouPavel

TheLionOfPrague
    May 31, 2013
    I thought "I'm With You" was pretty good, not their best but it has some nice songs. Meet Me At The Corner, Ethiopia, Annie Wants a Baby, Rain Dance Maggie. There are some boring songs though.

OP
    adRHCP

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
  • Thread Starter #107
    I read the whole interview a few days ago. I don't know what to say, I feel kind of sad and dissapointed, it makes me sad to know that I'll never have the pleasure to hear him play live. And also su attitude about the things he says and how "...I’m not interested in meeting people’s expectations and I’m not interested in pleasing people..." that's pretty harsh, there are tons of people who love him and it's all like he doesn't gives a damn about it. He is what he is today thanks to his fans and to the band, he doesn't owns his life to us but to say that he's not interested on his people, that's sad. It sound like some rebel teenager trying to be unique.

And as I said on the comments of the interview I really hope he's as happy as he says he is. He really deserves it. He gave us so much, I don't really enjoy his current music but I couldn't care less. There are tons of great music from him that I can enjoy, and that's just part part of his indirect legacy to me, an immeasurable legacy about him, his life, his music, his wise words.
    @ZoSo

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and also, he said this a few years ago ''I released, as you know, I released all that music last year, but I didn't meant to play it for any audiences and I'll never do that again. If I put out some music I'm gonna play it for people.
    Because, you are half the music, it's not just the same. I never fell like that music, it's just didn't feel complete 'till I was playing it for you guys, you know?''

He also said that playing for audiences was one of his favorite things to do. It was all a lie? How can you completely change your point of view about something so specific and unique?

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
    I read the whole interview a few days ago. I don't know what to say, I feel kind of sad and dissapointed, it makes me sad to know that I'll never have the pleasure to hear him play live. And also su attitude about the things he says and how "...I’m not interested in meeting people’s expectations and I’m not interested in pleasing people..." that's pretty harsh, there are tons of people who love him and it's all like he doesn't gives a damn about it. He is what he is today thanks to his fans and to the band, he doesn't owns his life to us but to say that he's not interested on his people, that's sad. It sound like some rebel teenager trying to be unique.

And as I said on the comments of the interview I really hope he's as happy as he says he is. He really deserves it. He gave us so much, I don't really enjoy his current music but I couldn't care less. There are tons of great music from him that I can enjoy, and that's just part part of his indirect legacy to me, an immeasurable legacy about him, his life, his music, his wise words.
    @ZoSo

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and also, he said this a few years ago ''I released, as you know, I released all that music last year, but I didn't meant to play it for any audiences and I'll never do that again. If I put out some music I'm gonna play it for people.
    Because, you are half the music, it's not just the same. I never fell like that music, it's just didn't feel complete 'till I was playing it for you guys, you know?''

He also said that playing for audiences was one of his favorite things to do. It was all a lie? How can you completely change your point of view about something so specific and unique?
    I think he's always been like that, I remember I read somewhere that when they were recording blood sugar sex magik it never occurred to him that people would be listening to it after they recorded it. At least he's being honest.

extremely ironic to post a faith no more song in this thread

FinoAllaFine

Jul 19, 2013
    I'm with you was a pretty mediocre album but that was to be expected after John left and the album being Josh's first with the group. Josh, although I do think he's a decent guitar player, does not have 1/100000th the talent of John and they need him back desperately. His solo stuff is a little too experimental and weird for me but alot of it is also quality. Shadows Collide with People, TROWFTD and The Empyrean were all really good albums (the latter especially when you're stoned off your ass...it's a great journey).

OP
    adRHCP

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
  • Thread Starter #116
    :agree: 5 of their best records were made with him on the band, there's not even a discusion about it

Oh and today is the 10th anniversary of Live At Slane Castle

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)