Red Hot Chili Peppers (2 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
It had the best of the best in popular music history.

You had Funk, Soul, R&B, Fusion, Latin Jazz, Progressive Rock, The best hard rock, the birth of heavy Metal and Punk, the best ballads, the best sounding records and most innovating studio techniques. The best producers and most outside the box thinking artists of all time. Even pop shit like ABBA was good shit, great musicianship and masters at writing catchy tunes. Not the Euro trance electro shit that was huge in the 90's. Etc etc and etc... I could write a book about how it's not even close.

Look, as you know I was a teenager/young adult in the 90's and that decade's music still mean a lot to me, I absolutely loved it, the rock part of it that is. But comparing it to the 70's is wrong beyond words. Coming from ZoSo he could very well NOT be trolling.
I think that more musical genres were created in the 70's than any other musical decade.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Sabbath
Zeppelin
Purple
Aerosmith
The Eagles
Queen
Talkng Heads
Rush
Steely Dan
Van Halen
AC/DC
Judas Priest
Iron Maiden
Aerosmith, Judas Preist, The Eagles and Queen are all overrated, from least overrated to most. Even Rush is overrated tbh. Talking Heads are more 80s than 70s. Iron Maiden are also more 80s and are awful.

Even the so-called 'soft" bands of the 70's such as Styx, Kansas, and Journey have songs that are timeless during that period :lol:
A lot of this 70s music is held in too high regard because it's '70s'. Bands like that had some good songs but they're pretty boring compared to much better bands from the 90s.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Hp-hop was great in the 90's, but ZoSo doesn't really like hiphop (except The Chronic), so that's not his argument. :D
I'm not really taking into consideration hip hop too, doubt anyone would. Though it was probably the golden days to them.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
I just don't know where to start. What was so great about 90 besides all the grunge?
Alice in Chains
Soundgarden
Metallica
Nirvana
The Smashing Pumpkins
Pearl Jam
Pantera
Oasis
Stone Temple Pilots
Tool
Down
Megadeth
Kyuss
Queens of the Stone Age
Melvins
Faith No More
Foo Fighters
Mad Season
Temple of the Dog
The Offspring
Corrosion of Conformity
Mogwai
Deftones
Neurosis
The La's
Guns N' Roses
Primal Scream
R.E.M.
Helmet
Blur
My Bloody Valentine
System of a Down
Fu Manchu

to name a few

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
I just peaked at that list. I'm just curious how can anyone add this kind of group to any list of achievements - The Offspring? I'm not disputing your whole list, because it's your list if you like it more it alright. I however, don't think that half of those bands even have the half the talent and musicanship then the bands from 70s.

But the The offspring? Really? I kind feel many of them are meh, but offspring...

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Metallica, Queens of the Stone Age, System of a Down and Guns N' Roses were all better in another decade than the 90's. :D
Megadeth as well.

Temple of the Dog had one album.

If I start a list of the bands of the 70's its going to get really ugly, really soon

And that isn't even counting different musical genre's and solo artists.

Because If i do solo artists, I give you Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel, Elton John, and Joni Mitchell.

I drop the mic, and walk away

- - - Updated - - -

And how does a band who made 6 albums in the 80's (R.E.M.) count as a 90's band?

Does that mean I can use the Rolling Stones and The Who in my list? Because if that is the case, then there is absolutely no argument whatsoever.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
I just peaked at that list. I'm just curious how can anyone add this kind of group to any list of achievements - The Offspring? I'm not disputing your whole list, because it's your list if you like it more it alright. I however, don't think that half of those bands even have the half the talent and musicanship then the bands from 70s.

But the The offspring? Really? I kind feel many of them are meh, but offspring...
The Offspring is a fucking great band

Metallica, Queens of the Stone Age, System of a Down and Guns N' Roses were all better in another decade than the 90's. :D
They all released great albums in the 90s

Megadeth as well.

Temple of the Dog had one album.

If I start a list of the bands of the 70's its going to get really ugly, really soon

And that isn't even counting different musical genre's and solo artists.

Because If i do solo artists, I give you Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel, Elton John, and Joni Mitchell.

I drop the mic, and walk away

- - - Updated - - -

And how does a band who made 6 albums in the 80's (R.E.M.) count as a 90's band?

Does that mean I can use the Rolling Stones and The Who in my list? Because if that is the case, then there is absolutely no argument whatsoever.
Megadeth's best album was 1990

It's not going to get ugly if you include overrated bands like Kansas and Journey...

R.E.M. 90s = Out of Time, Automatic For The People etc...

90s is overall better quality on average than 70s with more good bands, but the best 70s bands are better than best 90s bands.

Best 70s:
Led Zeppelin
Pink Floyd
The Rolling Stones
Black Sabbath
David Bowie
The Who
The Stooges
Thin Lizzy
Dire Straits
AC/DC
Neil Young
Captain Beyond
Lynyrd Skynyrd
King Crimson
Can
Yes
ZZ Top
Deep Purple
The Police
Van Halen
Aerosmith
Rush

the rest is mostly overrated i.e. Queen, Springsteen, Fleetwood Mac (post Peter Green), Boston, The Eagles, Grateful Dead, BoC, ELO, Cheap Trick etc. Not bad but held in too high reverence because it's '70s' so it must be godly...

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Ok, so now we are moving the goalposts and saying that the best albums by those bands are from the 90's?

Perfect. I can also add Genesis, and Santana, and I can also use George Harrison, Paul McCartney, and John Lennon's solo work.

And Queen overrated :howler:

Oh, and let's talk Stevie Wonder's 5 albums from the 72-76.

With all due respect, but 1/3 of those bands on your list, most people haven't even heard of :D

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yes.

Hello Lou Reed.

The Clash

Earth, WInd & Fire

Parliament/Funkadelic

Alice Cooper

Allman Brothers

ZZ Top

Emerson, Lake & Palmer.

Hang on. There's more

- - - Updated - - -

Bad Company

Sex Pistols

The Ramones

- - - Updated - - -

Bob Marley

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
earth, wind & fire, allman brothers with duane... Damn, there is really no comparison.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to mention hendrix, cream, beatles, stones and the rest of the grands that shaped the whole fucking music.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Oh man, tom petty, zappa (kind of strage but awesome)... Stop it. Sometimes you forget, but then you read and think - yep, not bad at all :D

While the zoso list... Not to me, definitely not to me.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
The Jam

The Pretenders

- - - Updated - - -

T. Rex

Mott the Hoople

Uriah Heep

Ted Nugent

- - - Updated - - -

Steve Miller Band

- - - Updated - - -

Foreigner

- - - Updated - - -

Chicago

- - - Updated - - -

earth, wind & fire, allman brothers with duane... Damn, there is really no comparison.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to mention hendrix, cream, beatles, stones and the rest of the grands that shaped the whole fucking music.
Here's the thing.

There are some great, GREAT rock bands that came out in the 90's.

Pearl Jam and Nirvana alone are enough for most.

But to me, in regards to all musical genres, with bands and solo artists, it's not even close.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Perfect. I can also add Genesis, and Santana, and I can also use George Harrison, Paul McCartney, and John Lennon's solo work.

And Queen overrated :howler:

Oh, and let's talk Stevie Wonder's 5 albums from the 72-76.

Lou Reed, The Clash, Earth, Wind & Fire, Parliament/Funkadelic, Alice Cooper, Allman Brothers, ZZ Top, Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Bad Company, Sex Pistols, The Ramones, Bob Marley
Stevie Wonder, Earth, Wind & Fire, Parliament-Funkaedlic, Bob Marley? I thought we are talking rock here :p

I mentioned ZZ Top and I wouldn't put any of those other artists (maybe Allman Brothers) near the top of a best of 70s list. Influential (Sex Pistols, Ramones, Lou Reed) maybe, but not best.

70s???

Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers, Frank Zappa, Rainbow, UFO
All good but again, overrated. Rainbow, UFO etc while good bands are just mediocre compared to the best hard rock of the era like Thin Lizzy and AC/DC.

The Jam, The Pretenders, T. Rex, Mott the Hoople, Uriah Heep, Ted Nugent, Steve Miller Band, Foreigner, Chicago
I'll give you The Jam :tup:

Mott The Hoople :lol: No one would even know about them if it wasn't for Bowie writing their most famous song

Never heard of The Pretenders or Uriah Heep

Steve Miller, Foreigner, Chicago? :lol: That's just the 70s reverence speaking.

OP
adRHCP

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
  • Thread Starter #160
    The Getaway leaked about an hour ago

Is it ok to post links? in case someone wants to listen to it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)