Recommendations? (2 Viewers)

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
The 2 bears, Yelle, The rapture, Jeff Buckley, Pantha Du Prince, Walk the moon, Kavinsky, A Tribe Called Quest, Rodrigo Y Gabriela, Gil Scott Heron.
Some Italian stuff? :D Rino Gaetano, Jovanotti, Subsonica.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Gary Clark Jr definitely ain't your classic blues artist, lots of soul, r&b and even hard rock elements in his music too, I love the variety in Blak and Blu.

It takes a few listens to get into it. Ironically enough, the bset song on the album might be the one with Rick Springfield
I thought it's a pretty good album, not very easy to listen to, but it has depth, looking forward to the new Queens of Stone Age album where Grohl and Homme are working together again. My favorite track on Sound City was the Corey Taylor (Slipknot, Stone Sour) one.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Gary Clark Jr definitely ain't your classic blues artist, lots of soul, r&b and even hard rock elements in his music too, I love the variety in Blak and Blu.

I thought it's a pretty good album, not very easy to listen to, but it has depth, looking forward to the new Queens of Stone Age album where Grohl and Homme are working together again. My favorite track on Sound City was the Corey Taylor (Slipknot, Stone Sour) one.

I think a lot of people expected the album to be a Foo Fighters type of spin-off, which certainly wasn't the case. All in all a good album, but don't go in expecting it to be FF Lite.

Speaking of Dave and Taylor, what a phoenomenal hall of fame induction speech for one of my all time favorite bands, Rush. Neil, Alex, and Geddy are the epitome of class and grace. I love those guys.

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't heard of him, I will certainly see what he is. Too little good blues artists these days...
As Pitbull mentioned, it's not your typical blues album, as there are different elements of different styles. However, for blues purists, check out the song "When my train pulls in". Great guitar work.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I think a lot of people expected the album to be a Foo Fighters type of spin-off, which certainly wasn't the case. All in all a good album, but don't go in expecting it to be FF Lite.
On topic of strange line-ups, what do you think about Chickenfoot? I found out about them few months ago, Something Going Wrong is probably one of my favorite songs lately.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)