Real state Cannavaro case (1 Viewer)

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Real Madrid sporting director Predrag Mijatovic has confirmed the club want to sign Fabio Cannavaro and is not concerned by the defender's advancing years.

Cannavaro collected his 100th cap for Italy on Sunday as he captained his country to World Cup final success over France.

His reward is likely to be a move to Real, particularly as current club Juventus are staring at relegation from Serie A for their role in Italy's match-fixing scandal.

The influential centre half turns 33 in September, but Mijatovic feels new coach Fabio Capello is looking to build a winning team immediately and players of Cannavaro's calibre are imperative to that objective.

"I have said that age is secondary in modern football," Mijatovic told As. "I value that in these past two years, Cannavaro has been decisive in Juve winning two scudettos and Italy conquering the World Cup.

"If you watched his contribution in these last two seasons, you would want him here until he is 40-years-old.

"His philosophy, his attitude and his desire turn him into a unique defender. We are going to do all that is possible to have him with us."

Cannavaro's Juventus colleagues Gianluca Zambrotta (29) and Emerson (30) are also wanted by Real, with Mijatovic shrugging off concerns about the age of the club's targets.

He added: "What is it to be a veteran? There are players of 24 who do not know how to compete.

"I prefer a 30-year-old player who can be with us for two years and make us great. Madrid cannot waste time, unfortunately.

"This is the experienced philosophy at this moment. After three bad years without winning anything, it is necessary to build a team to win immediately, without any more delays."

Mijatovic does not feel Real will be able to land the Juventus trio on the cheap, even if the current Serie A champions are demoted for their part in the scandal.

"It is not that simple," he continued. "They have a clause which forces us to compensate Juventus.

"The advantage is that all of them want to come to Madrid and that facilitates everything, but they will not be loans.

"We only love players to be our property, as has marked our history."

Real are also chasing Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas, Chelsea winger Arjen Robben and Milan playmaker Kaka, who new president Ramon Calderon promised to sign as part of his election manifesto.

Mijatovic is determined to fulfil Calderon's pledge and is hoping for some movement on the transfers in the coming days.

"It is clear that we are fighting to bring in all three. As of Thursday, I am going away to meet with the respective clubs to demonstrate to our partners we are people of our word, which has already been clear with (Fabio) Capello.

"It is clear that (signing Kaka - with Milan complaining about Real's tactics) it is not easy, but of course it is a possibility.

"I will speak with Milan, without a doubt, and it is clear that it is possible to sign Kaka.

"We will respect the norms of Fifa. I never surrender in football. In addition, there is no haste. The summer will be long and the players are now on holiday."

Skysports

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Byrone

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
  • Thread Starter #2
    I hope Fifa rip these Madrid assclowns some new arseh&les! Fvck i hate Real.

Rami

The Linuxologist
    Dec 24, 2004
    Byrone said:
    Real Madrid sporting director Predrag Mijatovic has confirmed the club want to sign Fabio Cannavaro and is not concerned by the defender's advancing years.

Cannavaro collected his 100th cap for Italy on Sunday as he captained his country to World Cup final success over France.

His reward is likely to be a move to Real, particularly as current club Juventus are staring at relegation from Serie A for their role in Italy's match-fixing scandal.

The influential centre half turns 33 in September, but Mijatovic feels new coach Fabio Capello is looking to build a winning team immediately and players of Cannavaro's calibre are imperative to that objective.

"I have said that age is secondary in modern football," Mijatovic told As. "I value that in these past two years, Cannavaro has been decisive in Juve winning two scudettos and Italy conquering the World Cup.

"If you watched his contribution in these last two seasons, you would want him here until he is 40-years-old.

"His philosophy, his attitude and his desire turn him into a unique defender. We are going to do all that is possible to have him with us."

Cannavaro's Juventus colleagues Gianluca Zambrotta (29) and Emerson (30) are also wanted by Real, with Mijatovic shrugging off concerns about the age of the club's targets.

He added: "What is it to be a veteran? There are players of 24 who do not know how to compete.

"I prefer a 30-year-old player who can be with us for two years and make us great. Madrid cannot waste time, unfortunately.

"This is the experienced philosophy at this moment. After three bad years without winning anything, it is necessary to build a team to win immediately, without any more delays."

Mijatovic does not feel Real will be able to land the Juventus trio on the cheap, even if the current Serie A champions are demoted for their part in the scandal.

"It is not that simple," he continued. "They have a clause which forces us to compensate Juventus.

"The advantage is that all of them want to come to Madrid and that facilitates everything, but they will not be loans.

"We only love players to be our property, as has marked our history."

Real are also chasing Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas, Chelsea winger Arjen Robben and Milan playmaker Kaka, who new president Ramon Calderon promised to sign as part of his election manifesto.

Mijatovic is determined to fulfil Calderon's pledge and is hoping for some movement on the transfers in the coming days.

"It is clear that we are fighting to bring in all three. As of Thursday, I am going away to meet with the respective clubs to demonstrate to our partners we are people of our word, which has already been clear with (Fabio) Capello.

"It is clear that (signing Kaka - with Milan complaining about Real's tactics) it is not easy, but of course it is a possibility.

"I will speak with Milan, without a doubt, and it is clear that it is possible to sign Kaka.

"We will respect the norms of Fifa. I never surrender in football. In addition, there is no haste. The summer will be long and the players are now on holiday."

Skysports
    Reward? What kind of BS jouralism is this??

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    F*ck off mijatovic!! havnt u done enough damage to juve already? you cost us a cl thanks to your blatent offside goal in the last min, and now u want cannavaro? you can kiss every juventino's butt for him! just settle with your overated ramos and woodgate.

you may take our champions league we shud of won, but you will never take OUR CANNA!!!

zizoufan

Z.Z T h e M a s t e r
    May 25, 2004
    Badass Devil said:
    F*ck off mijatovic!! havnt u done enough damage to juve already? you cost us a cl thanks to your blatent offside goal in the last min, and now u want cannavaro? you can kiss every juventino's butt for him! just settle with your overated ramos and woodgate.

you may take our champions league we shud of won, but you will never take OUR CANNA!!!

are u sure of that ? where's moggi then :D

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    It is not that simple," he continued. "They have a clause which forces us to compensate Juventus.
    its called a contaract you idiot and when a player is under contract you have to pay for him

"The advantage is that all of them want to come to Madrid and that facilitates everything, but they will not be loans
    really?you think zambrotta wants to walk away? go to hell you swine and if you know this already then surely juve can report you to uefa for tapping our players.
    i always laugh when these clubs think every player in the world wants to join them, as they are "the greatest football club in the world" manure are like this and they scoffed at ronaldinho for chosing barca ahead of them, who's laughing now bawbags?

OP
    Byrone

Byrone

Peen Meister
    Dec 19, 2005
  • Thread Starter #10
    Bozi.78 said:
    It is not that simple," he continued. "They have a clause which forces us to compensate Juventus.
    its called a contaract you idiot and when a player is under contract you have to pay for him

"The advantage is that all of them want to come to Madrid and that facilitates everything, but they will not be loans
    really?you think zambrotta wants to walk away? go to hell you swine and if you know this already then surely juve can report you to uefa for tapping our players.
    i always laugh when these clubs think every player in the world wants to join them, as they are "the greatest football club in the world" manure are like this and they scoffed at ronaldinho for chosing barca ahead of them, who's laughing now bawbags?
    So much anger,so much hate. I like:D

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    Byrone said:
    So much anger,so much hate. I like:D
    it just annoys me when clubs think that due to past glories every player dreams of playing for them, realistically would you choose to go to manure or juve? its a no brainer really, same if you were a player then would you go to arsenal or milan? i laugh when you hear player say " it has always been my dream to play for....em....chelsea"

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
    Nov 7, 2005
    It's really hotting up it seems. Could happen :(

I expect him to stay if we go to Serie-B, because that's his word, but if we go down two divisions we can't expect a player of this calibre to stay can we..

marcusa

Dec 21, 2005
    http://www.eurosport.com/football/la-liga/2006-2007/sport_sto924302.shtml

Real Madrid's summer spending-spree looks likely to start with the signing of Italy's World Cup winning captain, Fabio Cannavaro. The Juventus defender is reported to be free to negotiate will rival clubs as a result of the ongoing match-fixing trial and possible relegation from Serie A.
    Juventus, who face relegation to Serie C, have already appointed former Monaco coach Didier Deschamps as head coach following Fabio Capello's decision to quit the club and join Real Madrid.
    Capello's first task, it seems, was to call on club directors to sign influential defender Cannavaro.
    "We've made good headway in getting him here and we're going to continue trying hard," Real sports director Pedja Mijatovic told the club's website. "I'm sure there will be some news in the next few days."

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    He said he wanted to stay even in B. If the Elkann's want to sell our best players to make profit for damn FIAT then every Juventino should go there and create havoc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)