Real Madrid: Fall of an Empire (1 Viewer)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by wong ka yan ] ++
perez is a moron :rofl:
yup~~!!
moggi is a wise man :thumb: he is more make sense .......
I don't like to point out grammar mistakes, specially to non-native speakers/writers, but your sentance really is amusing, spacifically because you talk about "making sense" :D

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
Why are you all Madrid haters... They play some of the most entertaining football on earth. T

rue Perez is an Idiot for not investing in top-class defenders. It's insulting to defenderes because it's like saying that we aren't as important. However, I think that he's done well. He's managed (along with Government $) to successfully bring in every player he's planned to get.

for Pendir, do you really want to see Real Madrid struggle in lower devisions?
I'm no Fiorentina fan, but i was so sad to see them drop down. There's so much history that it'll be a damn shame to see them fall so hard.

about Guti: I actually admire him. Same goes for Solari and Salgado. They've managed to make decent names for themselves despite being surrounded by stars. They didn't crumble to the pressure. They've raised their game as much as they've could and they've dont their part. It's actually great seeing players like Solari and Guti score when millionares around them couldn't.

ignoring whatever financial trouble they may face, i think their problems on the field can easily be solved. all they need is 2 defenders. As Figo Get old, Becks can switch to the right again. Morientes will most likely be back giving them so many options up front without being too old. (Raul, Ronaldo, Morientes, Portillo, even Guti)
For midfield, they'll have Guti and Solari for a long time. They'll have to get a Zizou replacement in a couple years. and maybe a fighting midfielder. Cambiasso makes a good sub (i havn't seen him in a while? was he loaned?). Besides a couple of players, their team members aren't as old as Juve's.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
people either love or hate great teams. we happen to be juve fans so we have to hate it
but "hate" is such a strong word... being a fan of one team doesn't mean "hating" another team. It just means supporting your team 100%.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

well i was too young to understand what Dortmund did to us and with milan it was OUR fault
Although i think that juve had a great 97/98 season in serie A and Europe. we played so many great games, but we were under par in the Final. Madrid wanted it more than us and they took their chance. We weren't unfairly robbed. they deserved it. I'll never support them or ManU, but i won't "hate" them or not watch their games.

OP
Elnur_E65

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
  • Thread Starter #51
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
    Why are you all Madrid haters... They play some of the most entertaining football on earth. T

I'm no Fiorentina fan, but i was so sad to see them drop down. There's so much history that it'll be a damn shame to see them fall so hard.

about Guti: I actually admire him. Same goes for Solari and Salgado. They've managed to make decent names for themselves despite being surrounded by stars. They didn't crumble to the pressure. They've raised their game as much as they've could and they've dont their part. It's actually great seeing players like Solari and Guti score when millionares around them couldn't.

ignoring whatever financial trouble they may face, i think their problems on the field can easily be solved. all they need is 2 defenders. As Figo Get old, Becks can switch to the right again. Morientes will most likely be back giving them so many options up front without being too old. (Raul, Ronaldo, Morientes, Portillo, even Guti)
    For midfield, they'll have Guti and Solari for a long time. They'll have to get a Zizou replacement in a couple years. and maybe a fighting midfielder. Cambiasso makes a good sub (i havn't seen him in a while? was he loaned?). Besides a couple of players, their team members aren't as old as Juve's.
    I understand where you're coming from, bro

As Don noted, with the great teams- you either love 'em or hate 'em. It happens that I like Bayern, Barcelona and Arsenal and I hate Manure and Real Madrid. I have an explanation.

Over the past 5 years me and all my friends watch football games in one place- a large football bar down in Baku. Generally the same people go to that place, on a busy night there will be 60- 80 people.
    There are mainly MU, Juve, Real and Milan supporters. Even though we are all friends, every single day there are conversation about which team is better. After these teams meet up on a football field- it is as if you've been waiting for this moment all of your life.

Well, Real Madrid fans (among my friends) have always been THE WORST!!! For five years straight (up until this year) I have been hearing all kinds of bullsh.it from them :blah: about "how great Real Madrid is" and "how crappy other teams are". They dislike everyone else, only one team exists for them. This continuous brainwash really made me hate Real Madrid. I can't help it.

That is why I am very glad that Real is loosing its grip.

At the same time I cound't agree more than Real does put up quite an entertaining performance. Real Madrid - MU quarters last year has probably been the most interesting enounter I have ever seen.

You could figure what my relationship with MU would be, after last year CL 5-1 defeat.

But now as Manure is experiencing problems similar to ours, so I don't hate them as bad. I guess if Real becomes much worse than where it is now I will not hate it as much.

Please! No offense to anyone! This is just my personal opinion.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Pendir_E65 ] ++

I understand where you're coming from, bro

As Don noted, with the great teams- you either love 'em or hate 'em. It happens that I like Bayern, Barcelona and Arsenal and I hate Manure and Real Madrid. I have an explanation.

Over the past 5 years me and all my friends watch football games in one place- a large football bar down in Baku. Generally the same people go to that place, on a busy night there will be 60- 80 people.
    There are mainly MU, Juve, Real and Milan supporters. Even though we are all friends, every single day there are conversation about which team is better. After these teams meet up on a football field- it is as if you've been waiting for this moment all of your life.

Well, Real Madrid fans (among my friends) have always been THE WORST!!! For five years straight (up until this year) I have been hearing all kinds of bullsh.it from them :blah: about "how great Real Madrid is" and "how crappy other teams are". They dislike everyone else, only one team exists for them. This continuous brainwash really made me hate Real Madrid. I can't help it.

That is why I am very glad that Real is loosing its grip.

At the same time I cound't agree more than Real does put up quite an entertaining performance. Real Madrid - MU quarters last year has probably been the most interesting enounter I have ever seen.

You could figure what my relationship with MU would be, after last year CL 5-1 defeat.

But now as Manure is experiencing problems similar to ours, so I don't hate them as bad. I guess if Real becomes much worse than where it is now I will not hate it as much.

Please! No offense to anyone! This is just my personal opinion.
    dude! i understand! your regular football fans.. this happns all around the world.. it's called Rivalry, but i think youtakke the word "hate" lightly...

read over this paragraph of yours again....

that's how you feel too, specially when we win. but that's no reason to "hate" others.... you need to expect shit talk from other teams, but you say your hate is less when the team isn't doing too well. this shows that jelousy is the problem.
    If someone you know goes overboard when talking about his team, then shouldn't you like that person less instead of his team less?!!

I know how you feel. Incub's trash talk and CL picture posting everywhere really affected how i felt towards Milan....but then i realized that he doesn't represent all the fans.. Many juve fans'll act childish if they'd won the league too. I've come to accept it. My admiration for Maldini and his team has not gone despite the tough defeat.
    I dont think it should be much about "hate" from fans. It should be about pure rivalry.

OP
    Elnur_E65

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
  • Thread Starter #53

dude! i understand! your regular football fans.. this happns all around the world.. it's called Rivalry, but i think youtakke the word "hate" lightly...
    Yes I do. Certainly, "hate" is a little childish way of putting it. A better way would be "serious dislike". There are other terms like "detest" or "loathe" which are less aggresive but are generally used seldom. That's why I personally prefer "hate", even though it doesn't look quite good.

that's how you feel too, specially when we win. but that's no reason to "hate" others.... you need to expect shit talk from other teams, but you say your hate is less when the team isn't doing too well. this shows that jelousy is the problem.
    If someone you know goes overboard when talking about his team, then shouldn't you like that person less instead of his team less?!!
    Well, these guys are my friends, and before/after games we go out, eat and drink together (even though the trash talks continue there as well :)). We have a very clear line which disallows any of us to get personal. I actually don't recall a single instance over the past 5 years when football performance would lead to a personal conflict or an argument among our friends, and it is good! Yes, it is jelousy, definitely. But never ever have I disliked a person for talking trash though. All of us (my friends) are expecting others to defend interests of teams they support. And truely if I dig deeply into this, watching football would be more boring if there was no trashtalk involved! :D

I know how you feel. Incub's trash talk and CL picture posting everywhere really affected how i felt towards Milan....but then i realized that he doesn't represent all the fans.. Many juve fans'll act childish if they'd won the league too. I've come to accept it. My admiration for Maldini and his team has not gone despite the tough defeat.
    I dont think it should be much about "hate" from fans. It should be about pure rivalry.
    Surprisingly, Milan is a team for which no "hate" was developed in me this year. Even though I still cheer against them in all competitions. I guess pride of Italian Football plays its role, either I don't wanna see Nesta and Pirlo injured prior to Euro this summer.

This is a good conversation. It actually made me think over my attitude and relationship to some clubs.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Pendir_E65 ] ++
    As Don noted, with the great teams- you either love 'em or hate 'em.
    I don't hate Real Madrid as much as I hate seeing a team with dumptrucks full of money do things incredibly shortsighted and stupid. To the thousands of teams without those kinds of resources at their disposal, it's as wasteful as burning Picassos to warm your living room. Perhaps this is where I support Moggi where others might think he's a complete tightwad (and he is).

You spend galactico-sized transfer fees for a few excellent midfielders and strikers, you skimp on the defenders (Carlos can't do it alone, and "exciting football" does not necessitate a cardboard central defense), and you skimp even more on the bench, and what do you get? Real Madrid are the Potemkin village of football; a Ferrari chassis with a Fiat engine hidden under the hood.

To crumble as they did to Monaco and Osasuna this week should be inexcusable. But IMO, it was pretty inevitable given the depth of their squad and the condition of their few, overused, highly-paid-for stars.

I'm no big fan of Roman A. nor his attempts to merely buy a contender over at Chelsea. But at least he's had the wits to strategize building his club as a whole team -- and not just an odd assembly of ready-made endorsement vehicles. Real's strategic approach towards team building seems to have too much in common with how a six-year-old would build a dream squad out of his collection of Panini stickers.

OP
    Elnur_E65

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
  • Thread Starter #57
    More good news... Beckham to Chelsea sounds great.

Real Ban English Tabloids As Beckham Crisis Deepens
    http://www.soccerage.com/en/13/u4291.html
    04/14/2004. Real Madrid have banned four English tabloids from the club's training sessions as the crisis over David Beckham's alleged affairs deepens.

Speculation continues to grow about the England captains infidelity despite an apparent show of unity with wife Victoria.

With the crisis threatening to seriously unsettle their star midfielder just as Real's season is coming off the rails the Spaniards have taken steps to keep the principle gossip makers out of the club.

The Sun, Mirror, Daily Mail and News of the World have all been banned with a Real spokesman stating the ban will last as long as Beckham is at the club.

However, if other reports are to be believed this might not be for much longer as it is speculated Chelsea will bring the icon back to England in the summer.
    Rob Hogley

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Wow, that's quite a big blow for the English tabloids. I wonder how sorely this will affect Beckham's publicity in England.

Jul 28, 2002
    great, becks is coming home :dontcare:....beck and vic were idolised as the perfect couple.....becks has buggered that one up, literally.

Jul 28, 2002

rue Perez is an Idiot for not investing in top-class defenders. It's insulting to defenderes because it's like saying that we aren't as important. However, I think that he's done well. He's managed (along with Government $) to successfully bring in every player he's planned to get.

i dont want to see real disappear, but leeds and roma, i wouldnt mind :devil:

Real may not be as old, but their depth after the galactico's is pitifull, bravo, a crap left back, and cb for leeds, is being relied upon for rela :dontcare:

They lack hard working depth, something we have in abundance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)