Reading Arabic 'hard for brain' (1 Viewer)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I wish I knew Arabic, at least to be able to read it.

Not a pretty language for a foreigner though. It comes annoying to the ear. Not as ugly and as annoying as the Slavic languages (Polish takes the 1st place here, Martin :D), but not pretty in any case.
Greek on the other hand. That's pure sex :heart:

Thats probably because of some of the letters in the Arabic language. They may sound quite weird to a non Arabic speaker, but when you get used to it, its such a poetic language.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I always thought German is the ugliest language. It doesn't sound quite so bad to me now, because I'm used to hearing Dutch. But it's still the ugliest language I can remember ever hearing. Maybe I haven't heard the really ugly ones, whatever they may be.
I often wonder what people think about Flemish. It can be very different than Dutch and if you hear me talking in particular, I'm pretty sure you'd notice it's nothing like the Dutch you hear so often.

It's far from poetic though :D.

Thats probably because of some of the letters in the Arabic language. They may sound quite weird to a non Arabic speaker, but when you get used to it, its such a poetic language.
Maybe. In a way I have that with Dutch too. But it's not like Italian for example, which is pretty okay to listen to, even if you don't speak it yourself or are not familiar with the language at all. This is not the case with Arabic at all, sorry :D.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I can imagine what its like for an outsider to listen to Arabic and i would be surprised if you didn't tell me it sounded ugly, but like i said, thats because of some letters that are frequently used in the language that may sound very weird to an outsider, but when you really know the language, you'd probably like it.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I often wonder what people think about Flemish. It can be very different than Dutch and if you hear me talking in particular, I'm pretty sure you'd notice it's nothing like the Dutch you hear so often.

It's far from poetic though :D.
You should record yourself speaking a few sentences. Just gimme a transcript too eh :)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
You're probably right. Unfortunately I'm not all that interested to learn Arabic. One of the reasons being that I will never be able to speak it properly. A more important reason being that I have several friends who speak Arabic anyway, so should the need ever arise, I'm just calling them :D.

OP
JBF

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
  • Thread Starter #91
    There's also the Drooz accent, ba8ollak and bet8elle.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Indeed :lol:

Again, that's not Jordanian. Here we say, Bagolak, Betgolak, garaf yigrifak. Wi9lat m3allem? :p

Ya, Palestinian Jordanians who have lived all their lives in the UAE distort the image i have of Jordanians, but ya, you guys are quite different.

Shob ya zalame.

What a silly word "shob" is :p

That's Palestinian, Lebanese is even more feminine

b2ellak, bet2elle

Exactly :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)