Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #21
    I'd give a 4 because I liked many matches. But due to many ref screw ups I'm going with 3.

Still, it was a good watch IMO. Many rate it low but I don't know why. Referees were bad but it wasn't horrible. I was surprised to see some *(points his finger at Andries) rate it with 1.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    I'd give a 4 because I liked many matches. But due to many ref screw ups I'm going with 3.

Still, it was a good watch IMO. Many rate it low but I don't know why. Referees were bad but it wasn't horrible. I was surprised to see some *(points his finger at Andries) rate it with 1.
    I hate refereeing mistakes as I think they make the entire game void of meaning. So many games could have gone the other way. 2002 was probably even worse, but it's a close call.

Hopefully they'll do something about it and we'll finally have to focus solely on football in 2014.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #25
    I hate refereeing mistakes as I think they make the entire game void of meaning. So many games could have gone the other way. 2002 was probably even worse, but it's a close call.

Hopefully they'll do something about it and we'll finally have to focus solely on football in 2014.
    So many matches, mistakes were predictable and bound to happen. Not to mention that during the groups 95% of calls were stop on, it was great but later on it got messed up.

2002 was much worse.

How? Videos during the match? I don't like that.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    1 is what i would have given 2002. This one's a solid 3, like Dooz said there were a few nice games that made the tournament worthwhile.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
    Mar 29, 2006
    It started off badly and ended badly, quite a lot of screw ups.

Ive just realised after voting that really I should have given it a 3 (too late now!)

Some of the reasons that tempted me to vote for 4 based on a number of reasons, based on a lot of times teams pulling themselfs to cause upsets. Teams who wernt up for it simply went out i.e France, England, Italy etc. Whilst others learnt the lesson that without breaking a wall you got no chance Argentina. Its a shame really that the final had to be spain and holland. It was nice seeing a poor nation hosting the world cup and despite the hosts getting knocked out early it still promised to have a vibrant atmosphere. However when it comes to the football the fact is the better players just were not themselfs, a lot of fingers pointed at jabulani and vuvuzelas, refereeing was shocking..3 does sound about right.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #28
    They always complain about the ball and they will do the same for EURO's.

Vuvuzelas? Seriously? I didn't mind it really and I wouldn't even consider that to rate the whole WC lower.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #31
    The ball was shocking, Dusan. It went everywhere and you could see it during replays.
    It was different but times change. The old players will always complain how they had much better ball before while the new guys won't mind it.

It moves faster, but football nowadays is much faster than before too.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003

- Vuvuzela
    - Jabulani
    - Too many boring matches
    - No Del Piero
    - I saw Capello's face 4x which is a bit too much
    - Ref mistakes

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    It was different but times change. The old players will always complain how they had much better ball before while the new guys won't mind it.

It moves faster, but football nowadays is much faster than before too.
    But it's still a bad ball. It's too light to play decent football. Look at all the long balls.. the ball would bounce back up over the players half the time. FIFA should look into this. Far too many goalie mistakes too. The ball must have had something to do with it.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #35
    But it's still a bad ball. It's too light to play decent football. Look at all the long balls.. the ball would bounce back up over the players half the time. FIFA should look into this. Far too many goalie mistakes too. The ball must have had something to do with it.
    IMO it was weird only because they didn't play with it earlier. It was used in Bundesliga and nobody from Germany complained about it. They were used to it and it went smooth while others had to struggle.

It was a World Cup, not Mickey Mouse competition, I don't think FIFA screwed up there. It went through many tests, they didn't publish it just like that.

It goes faster - that's a fact and they said it themselves. But football is faster nowadays and players will have to get used to it. The one at the EURO's will be pretty much the same story IMO.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
    Not a classic match in the tournament which was really summed up by the final tonight. Low scores, if I recall correctly we had to wait till the third place play off to see two teams level on 2-2 at a stage in the match. Free scoring Spain weren't so free, scoring only 8 goals to win, and inthought Germany 06 was low scoring with Italy getting 12.
    Overall I'd give this a 2, I really enjoyed it being in Africa, but in terms of football it is the worst I have ever watched, but to be fair I beleve France 98 was the last quality world cup we've had.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
    Meh, people like to kid themselves into believing it was a good world cup just because they have had to wait 4 years for it, it is pale in comparison to previous tournaments.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)