Rate this World Cup! (1 Viewer)

Rate this World Cup

Results are only viewable after voting.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I struggle to remember very much of World Cups.

I think people generally have unreasonable high expectations going in to the events.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Because I don't/didn't rate any of the teams highly at all and because teams are often stifled by the pressure of playing in such a huge event.
The final is often the worst representation for a world cup as a whole but I think this time it embodied it perfectly.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
So I should go in with high expectations and almost certainly be disappointed, rather than expected a shit tournament and being pleasantly surprised?
no, but you don't need to be down in the dumps about it either...you're just a miserable drunk, just admit it already.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I liked it. I think people's expectations are way too high. They've created this unrealistic image of how the World Cup should be..

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
I'm not saying I disliked it, it was just not that good at the end of the day.

Red, me and my mates are being stupidly pessimistic about the holiday my friend booked, a) to annoy him and b) so it will actually only exceed.
The point is we are just being stupid.

Mar 10, 2009
for the players it had, it was pretty good, having said that...

1. massive decline in footballers quality
2. Too many bad squad selections
3. Boring Brazil with awful selection
4. That instrument thing
5. Spain winning the thing

but like I said it's not like 2002, because 2002 had some dam great teams who were just awful. So yea 2010 > 2002 easy

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
4- I liked it, I enjoyed many matches and I was so close to winning some big money had it not been for Spain ruining everything. But I don't hate them for that, they were the best team or I'd rather say, they were the team to beat and no one was able to do it....well except for Switzerland, and it felt nice as well.

The refereeing mistakes were annoying in general but when one looks closely they were "in my favour".

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Group stages were shit, after the knockouts the games were more exciting and saw some better football.

The Jabulani and refereeing mistakes were a bit too much though.

3 sounds fair.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)