Rate our mercato (1 Viewer)

vote

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
we will play him and Mario on the wings and have Berna as a false 9. treble incoming :tuttosport:
:agree: Coppa Italia, Tim Cup, and Trofeo Berlusconi.

- - - Updated - - -

You hates every of our mercato's and we always far exceeded your predictions.
Who are you to speak ?
I gave our mercato a 7, so that hardly qualifies as "hate." I'm just not jizzing myself at every acquisition we make, celebrating retaining our best players as if we were some mid table scrubs, and adopting revisionism as my go to policy when one of our pillars is sold.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
:agree: Coppa Italia, Tim Cup, and Trofeo Berlusconi.

- - - Updated - - -

I gave our mercato a 7, so that hardly qualifies as "hate." I'm just not jizzing myself at every acquisition we make, celebrating retaining our best players as if we were some mid table scrubs, and adopting revisionism as my go to policy when one of our pillars is sold.
Our aquisitions, bar DS cause that isnt really going well so far, were actually quite good

Glaring weakness is removing Alves and Bonucci, and not taking either a ballplaying cb (logical, gotto launch rugani) or marauding fullback (should have done that) to get the ball forward

Should have signed Cancelo imo. Would have made this a 9/10 mercato.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
We weakened our defense and signed depth only, no upgrades to our starting 11 from last season (except for maybe Matuidi, who half of tuz didn't even want.) Not really a 8 in my book.

How many CL finals do we have to lose before we finally close a mercato without weakening either defense or midfield?
Next mercato.

When we sell dybala and weaken the attack instead :)

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
I would probably give this mercato a 6.5. I think the team is stronger in depth on GK, Midfield and Attack. Weaker in defence though. Alves & Bonucci replaced by De Sciglio & Howedes is a downgrade - there is no question about that.

From a financial point of view this was quite a conservative mercato. The net spend was quite small - less than 30m by my rough calculations. However, in FY18, this mercato would have a net positive impact given the money made on Bonucci - that was a straight 40m gain. It is important to note, howevever, that our wage bill is a lot higher - by my rough calculations and extra EU13m in gross terms given the higher wages to existing players and high wages for Costa, Matuidi, Bernardeschi, & Howedes - partly offset by high wages saved for Alves and Bonucci.

So by my calculations, the P&L is positively impacted by just under EU20m for FY18 - and assuming we did nothing in the next 2 windows, the impact would be -32m for FY19.

Last year's mercato resulted in a strong positive contribution for FY17 given the money made from Pogba but was going to be a negative impact on FY18 (given the higher wages for Dybala and Higuain and the latter's high amortization charges).

Overall, financially, the club's transfer policy is sound and not overly taxing while still managing to improve the overall squad.

--

My key concerns are on how Allegri manages to find a reasonable balance to compensate for the loss of Bonucci and Alves. Also, Mandzukic and Higuain are our chief center forward options. At present they are starters - meaning that all we have on the bench are attacking midfielders rather than strikers. That is why a move for Keita or Schick may have made sense. I guess Dybala himself is the 3rd center forward option.

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
I would probably give this mercato a 6.5. I think the team is stronger in depth on GK, Midfield and Attack. Weaker in defence though. Alves & Bonucci replaced by De Sciglio & Howedes is a downgrade - there is no question about that.

From a financial point of view this was quite a conservative mercato. The net spend was quite small - less than 30m by my rough calculations. However, in FY18, this mercato would have a net positive impact given the money made on Bonucci - that was a straight 40m gain. It is important to note, howevever, that our wage bill is a lot higher - by my rough calculations and extra EU13m in gross terms given the higher wages to existing players and high wages for Costa, Matuidi, Bernardeschi, & Howedes - partly offset by high wages saved for Alves and Bonucci.

So by my calculations, the P&L is positively impacted by just under EU20m for FY18 - and assuming we did nothing in the next 2 windows, the impact would be -32m for FY19.

Last year's mercato resulted in a strong positive contribution for FY17 given the money made from Pogba but was going to be a negative impact on FY18 (given the higher wages for Dybala and Higuain and the latter's high amortization charges).

Overall, financially, the club's transfer policy is sound and not overly taxing while still managing to improve the overall squad.

--

My key concerns are on how Allegri manages to find a reasonable balance to compensate for the loss of Bonucci and Alves. Also, Mandzukic and Higuain are our chief center forward options. At present they are starters - meaning that all we have on the bench are attacking midfielders rather than strikers. That is why a move for Keita or Schick may have made sense. I guess Dybala himself is the 3rd center forward option.
Agreed on the accounting calculations... our wage bill is huge relative to our revenues and our amortisation expenses have gone up a lot too since the purchases of higuain and pjanic, so we can't go splashing the cash on transfers.

Also we need to factor in that our champions league revenue will start falling with 3 and then 4 Italian teams competing and the tv rights getting distributed.

Hence I can see the push for free agents like iniesta , can and goretzka.
Otherwise I foresee a major sale of one of our stars in the next few windows.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)