Rate our mercato (4 Viewers)

vote

Results are only viewable after voting.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
We got D.Costa and Bernardeschi as wingers so even if they dont turn out to be as we want them to be we still made some reinforcements at least in terms of depth..
I personally believe in these 2
Bentancur - Good prospect but still early to call him the messiah..
Defence - Alves will surely be missed as RB as we replaced him with the mighty De Sciglio...
Bonucci will be missed as he is a great defender as well as a great playmaking CB
We replaced Bonucci with Howedes and our own Rugani
I believe Rugani can take the CB position in terms of defending but the linking play will be damaged..
Alves wasnt a great defender so De Sciglio in terms of defending doesnt make much of a difference but in terms of attacking I dont even need to continue this sentence...
IF we play Howedes as RB and he performs well defensively we can say our defense has been strengthen overall as Rugani and Howedes potentially are better than Alves Bonucci (defensive wise)
as for our attacking play thats where D.Costa and Bernardeschi enter - If they perform well it could be a great mercato as we will eventually end up with better defense and better attack...
as for now - Too many question mark on this mercato and that is why I wont give a radical rating as they could all work great, some of them could work great, or none of them... Its a potentially 3-9 mercato therefore I will choose the option that reflect the middle as the most reflecting one and I pick 6 for our mercato rating

Buy on AliExpress.com

JoeyJuve

May 27, 2010
Excited with Howedes tackle...
Excited with Matuidi energy...
Excited with Costa speed...
Excited with Berna creativity...

cant wait Bentancur to shine
As cant wait for d Sciglio revive in the right...

Definitely rated 8

Hope Buffon switch aged with Szczney
NO ONE is irreplaceable... So i forgot Alves and Bonnuci easily...
Lol

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Excited with Howedes tackle...
Excited with Matuidi energy...
Excited with Costa speed...
Excited with Berna creativity...

cant wait Bentancur to shine
As cant wait for d Sciglio revive in the right...

NO ONE is irreplaceable... So i forgot Alves and Bonnuci easily...
Lol
Feel the same way. Don't be a stranger and post more JJ! :tup:

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
We weakened our defense and signed depth only, no upgrades to our starting 11 from last season (except for maybe Matuidi, who half of tuz didn't even want.) Not really a 8 in my book.

How many CL finals do we have to lose before we finally close a mercato without weakening either defense or midfield?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
We have to increase our transfer budget so that we can stop selling our key players
You are almost right, its not the transfer budget thats the obstable to our key player retention, but the wage budget.

Vidal, Pogba and even now the rebellious act of Bonucci, all could be quiteted down most likely if we raise their salary to they wanted (Pogba and Vidal defenitely left for salary IMO as main factor, while Bonucci besides all the unprofessional ego stuff, was asking for parity or close to to Dybala and Higauin it sounded like).

If you can afford huge wage budget, you have sitautions were you can either force the players to stay, or give even the bench players 5-6m a year (like City do). Or if they act little unhappy you just double their salary every other season like with Verratti and PSG :D

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
You are almost right, its not the transfer budget thats the obstable to our key player retention, but the wage budget.

Vidal, Pogba and even now the rebellious act of Bonucci, all could be quiteted down most likely if we raise their salary to they wanted (Pogba and Vidal defenitely left for salary IMO as main factor, while Bonucci besides all the unprofessional ego stuff, was asking for parity or close to to Dybala and Higauin it sounded like).

If you can afford huge wage budget, you have sitautions were you can either force the players to stay, or give even the bench players 5-6m a year (like City do). Or if they act little unhappy you just double their salary every other season like with Verratti and PSG :D
Bonucci had just extended his contract just eight months back with a increase in wages probably the worst sale of transfer window

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
We have to increase our transfer budget so that we can stop selling our key players
Yes probably should but Beppe seems to a screwed businessman. More I look at Euro soccer with Serie stadiums small and not filled doesn't look like enough money to complete with the top Euro clubs. And how much money does the Serie TV package produce for Juve?

Best result is hoping all Italia clubs do well in CL play. League's image needs to be strengthen someway. That Beppe might not have enough cash (or doesn't want to spend it?) but it appears planning ahead nicely for 2018-19.

IMO only key players on team this mercato were Dybala and Sandro and both still here. Alex looks like he will get more money and Paulo will too or sold for 200 million next summer. lol!

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Bonucci had just extended his contract just eight months back with a increase in wages probably the worst sale of transfer window
I know, but from what was rumoured, he was asking for even more, you can sign a new contract and still not be content. Its both hubris, and the fact EPL sides like City who were interested before that contract, would easily offered 7-8m to him probably.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
At the end of the day if our wage budget doesn't find room to grow exponentially in line with the ridiculous inflation at top level football, then we will not have a top squad for more than 1-2 seasons. As soon as players realise their true worth, they'll seek to get it. Unfortunately for us, Serie A might need a decade of consistently entertaining seasons to get anything close to the TV Revenue the PL gets now, never mind what they'll get in 10 years time.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Yes probably should but Beppe seems to a screwed businessman. More I look at Euro soccer with Serie stadiums small and not filled doesn't look like enough money to complete with the top Euro clubs. And how much money does the Serie TV package produce for Juve?

Best result is hoping all Italia clubs do well in CL play. League's image needs to be strengthen someway. That Beppe might not have enough cash (or doesn't want to spend it?) but it appears planning ahead nicely for 2018-19.

IMO only key players on team this mercato were Dybala and Sandro and both still here. Alex looks like he will get more money and Paulo will too or sold for 200 million next summer. lol!
116.6 million euros

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
I know, but from what was rumoured, he was asking for even more, you can sign a new contract and still not be content. Its both hubris, and the fact EPL sides like City who were interested before that contract, would easily offered 7-8m to him probably.
He is currently on 6.5 million euros contract at AC Milan which is only 1 million euro more than his 5.5 million euros contract at juventus
But then our management could have put our foot down and said respect the contract and should have tried to persuade him to stay

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
We weakened our defense and signed depth only, no upgrades to our starting 11 from last season (except for maybe Matuidi, who half of tuz didn't even want. ) Not really a 8 in my book.

How many CL finals do we have to lose before we finally close a mercato without weakening either defense or midfield?
i get your points but since when is this even relevant? tuz never wants anyone

- - - Updated - - -

My bad, after 30+ goals by Paulo this season I meant this ..... PSG needs to have a historical trident that rivals what Barca had. :sergio:

so you telling me, Cavani will be surplus to them? :tuttosport:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)