Rate Juve's mercato (5 Viewers)

Rate our mercato

Results are only viewable after voting.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Okay, let me know when you can have a mature discussion and we'll talk again
Ok sorry. The first part is not exactly serious and I thought you'd take it lightly. It's OK.

But tell me how losing Morata is a loss ? How can we assume others can't come up with the clutch goals like he did ? We've gone from a 10 goal a season striker to a 30+ goals a season striker.

People will argue about Morata's pace and flair but we've bought Pjaca in for exactly that. We've also retained Cuadrado. Two superb options to come off the bench and cause some damage. Morata simply wasn't as important as some of you seem to suggest.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
we are short in strikers and short in midfield.

somehow we ended up worse

inb4 pjaca is a striker! in b4 sandro and alves are midfielders

in what world?

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Ok sorry. The first part is not exactly serious and I thought you'd take it lightly. It's OK.

But tell me how losing Morata is a loss ? How can we assume others can't come up with the clutch goals like he did ? We've gone from a 10 goal a season striker to a 30+ goals a season striker.

People will argue about Morata's pace and flair but we've bought Pjaca in for exactly that. We've also retained Cuadrado. Two superb options to come off the bench and cause some damage. Morata simply wasn't as important as some of you seem to suggest.
I wasn't arguing about Morata, i was simply correcting joker who said we only lost Pogba and gained those other players.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Pogba and Morata*

We should have got another quality midfielder. As.i said before, I don't believe Pjanic-Marchisio-Khedira is good enough, nor is it balanced, plus Khedira will probably be missing for stretches.

I really don't fancy our chances against other top midfields. I could be wrong, but that's how I see it for now
One could argue that Morata was a bench player.

The way I see it

Pjanic < Pogba

Higuain > Mandzukic/Morata

Dani Alves > Licht

So yeah, an improvement.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
we are short in strikers and short in midfield.

somehow we ended up worse

inb4 pjaca is a striker! in b4 sandro and alves are midfielders

in what world?
Dybala, Mandzukic, Morata, Zaza

To

Dybala, Higuain, Mandzukic, Pjaca

Tell me which is better. Our main striker last year will be a bench player this year.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007

The way I see it

Pjanic < Pogba

Dani Alves > Licht

So yeah, an improvement.
Maybe, but he still showed up when we needed him. But yeah, I'm letting the Morata thing slide. Although I would have preferred if we spent way less on his replacement, and added another quality midfielder.

We'll just have to see about Dani. I'm not so sure.

Anyways it's not simple 2 is better than 1 for me. Maybe we're better in 2 positions, but there's no reason we couldn't have improved our midfield. Even if we're better overall, it's certainly not a perfect mercato imo

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
6.5/10

Our bench is stronger but not our best XI. We haven't really made progress imo. We haven't closed the gap in quality on Barca/Bayern/Real.
Alves is an upgrade to Cuadrado at RWB.
Pjanic is a different player then Pogba - we might see a faster ball distribution and more intelligent attacks where he do 1-1s with our other players. Poul is a top player but was expected to score goals as well. We don't expect the same from Pjanic, instead we expect him to play the Iniesta role if you will and set up our strikers.
And then finally the massive upgrade from one of the absolute best goalgetters in the world to Morata - not even close to the player Higuain is. Morata has other qualities but if Allegri would start fielding Higuain, he just might score 30 goals a season for us, double of what Morata is capable of.

I think those are upgrades, hence we have improved. Furthermore we've weakened our main rivals by stealing their best players respectively. Improving our depth (2nd team) only makes it even more likely we'll cruise control Serie A and be able to rest our players for the advanced stages of CL. Here i'm thinking about those who easily pick up injuries but who we might have a better chance of fielding at their best in important knockout matches (Khedira, Marchisio, Barzagli). For every position we have top rotation players who can take over as well.

9/10.

If we'd kept Pogba, we'd have a bigger chance of winning CL and that's the only way I could give this mercato a 10/10.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

The way I see it

Pjanic < Pogba

Dani Alves > Licht

So yeah, an improvement.
this mercato's rating is not about the signings that happened actually, it's about marchisio's (or pogba's, depending on pjanic's evaluation; he could replace either of those) nonexistent replacement.

if khedira stays healthy and marchisio recovers by mid february (when we need him in the cl knockout matches), we're fine. if khedira breaks his leg next week and marchisio never fully recovers, we're out of quality backups. both are possible scenarios.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Alves is an upgrade to Cuadrado at RWB.
Pjanic is a different player then Pogba - we might see a faster ball distribution and more intelligent attacks where he do 1-1s with our other players. Poul is a top player but was expected to score goals as well. We don't expect the same from Pjanic, instead we expect him to play the Iniesta role if you will and set up our strikers.
And then finally the massive upgrade from one of the absolute best goalgetters in the world to Morata - not even close to the player Higuain is. Morata has other qualities but if Allegri would start fielding Higuain, he just might score 30 goals a season for us, double of what Morata is capable of.

I think those are upgrades, hence we have improved. Furthermore we've weakened our main rivals by stealing their best players respectively. Improving our depth (2nd team) only makes it even more likely we'll cruise control Serie A and be able to rest our players for the advanced stages of CL. Here i'm thinking about those who easily pick up injuries but who we might have a better chance of fielding at their best in important knockout matches (Khedira, Marchisio, Barzagli). For every position we have top rotation players who can take over as well.
see, this is something we shouldn't care about. Higuain scored 36 goals last season, Morata had 12 (only 7 in the League iirc), Manbro only 13. yet we still won the scudetto. we absolutely dont need Gerardo to score us 30 goals a year, what we should care about, and expect from him, is top performances (not necessarily goals) in the CL knock out games, because thats what we paid 90M for. ill gladly take 10 Serie A goals from him, if it meant winning the CL and him playing a key role in that

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
this mercato's rating is not about the signings that happened actually, it's about marchisio's (or pogba's, depending on pjanic's evaluation; he could replace either of those) nonexistent replacement.

if khedira stays healthy and marchisio recovers by mid february (when we need him in the cl knockout matches), we're fine. if khedira breaks his leg next week and marchisio never fully recovers, we're out of quality backups. both are possible scenarios.
Or Marchisio returns in a matter of weeks :agree:

You've got some funny logic there. Same goes for Barca: "they have a good team."
Then Messi and Suarez get's injured: "They should have signed 2 more world class strikers."

- - - Updated - - -

see, this is something we shouldn't care about. Higuain scored 36 goals last season, Morata had 12 (only 7 in the League iirc), Manbro only 13. yet we still won the scudetto. we absolutely dont need Gerardo to score us 30 goals a year, what we should care about, and expect from him, is top performances (not necessarily goals) in the CL knock out games, because thats what we paid 90M for. ill gladly take 10 Serie A goals from him, if it meant winning the CL and him playing a key role in that
Sure. And that's what we got from Morata. Crucial CL goals. But man, scoring goals is about being able to create chances and show no mercy when you have them. Higuain is far more clinical in from of goal than Morata. Far more then most others in this world. When you have such a player in the squad, it's a disgrace not to take advantage of it. Don't expect Higuain in do solo runs ala Morata against Bayern. Don't expect Higuain to pass when there's a minor chance of scoring himself. The man is a goal machine, schooled to do one thing! I think we should utilize our (unarguably)star player and take him to 30 goals. I promise you this - if Higuain becomes CL top scorer, Buffon will lift the trophy by May.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
8/10 for me.

Another midfielder would have been great, even if it were Witsel. I think that we are playing a dangerous game with relying on what we have right now, in the hopes that everyone stays healthy and comes back at full strength.

I don't think we have taken a dip in creativity at all with replacing Pogba with Pjanic. Our 3 strikers as a whole are insanely good, our wingbacks are improved, and even our awesome defense became better and deeper with Benatia.

Having 3 strikers is not an issue for me because all three can be a lone striker in a 3 man forward line, which is where Cuadrado and especially Pjaca come into play. I think our overall squad gives us more options than we had last year, and as a whole we have improved.

I wish we could have gotten an additional midfielder though.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

You've got some funny logic there. Same goes for Barca: "they have a good team."
Then Messi and Suarez get's injured: "They should have signed 2 more world class strikers."

- - - Updated - - -

Sure. And that's what we got from Morata. Crucial CL goals. But man, scoring goals is about being able to create chances and show no mercy when you have them. Higuain is far more clinical in from of goal than Morata. Far more then most others in this world. When you have such a player in the squad, it's a disgrace not to take advantage of it. Don't expect Higuain in do solo runs ala Morata against Bayern. Don't expect Higuain to pass when there's a minor chance of scoring himself. The man is a goal machine, schooled to do one thing! I think we should utilize our (unarguably)star player and take him to 30 goals. I promise you this - if Higuain becomes CL top scorer, Buffon will lift the trophy by May.
i wont expect him to replicate what Morata was doing here in CL games. what im expecting of him is to be a difference in big CL games (over the next 3-4 years), and i dont care if its goals, assists, preassists, PKs won, saved shots that led to goals etc, im expecting some big contributions. if he fails to deliver that, then we threw 90M away for a player that didnt bring us anything that we didnt already have, or to say it better, that didnt bring us anything we needed, despite 30 potential goals in the league, because we dont need that to win Serie A

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
pls, grow up. both are solid backup options, Sturaro has already played some big games in his career and stood his ground against opponents rated much higher. Hernanes is good enough as regista backup, the guy could be a starter for at least half of Serie A clubs.
Is this Sarcasm? It's not even funny

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Maybe, but he still showed up when we needed him. But yeah, I'm letting the Morata thing slide. Although I would have preferred if we spent way less on his replacement, and added another quality midfielder.

We'll just have to see about Dani. I'm not so sure.

Anyways it's not simple 2 is better than 1 for me. Maybe we're better in 2 positions, but there's no reason we couldn't have improved our midfield. Even if we're better overall, it's certainly not a perfect mercato imo
I agree about the midfield absolutly.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
But 2/3 of our starting midfield is injured or injury prone. Pjanic is great, but he can't do it all alone. Lemina is one to watch, I hope we see real progression from him this season. Hernanes and Sturaro are pure crap.
First time I read a post form you and I'm 100% agree. Not sure if that's good or bad :boh:

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011

Exactly, I think people are getting too ahead of themselves here. This mercato is huge progress, we're finally at the point where we're only signing very good players and yet people are expecting two world class or very good players for every position already. Last season was almost a rebuild and now the real quality is being added on top.

No team has two world class players in every position not even Barca, RM or Bayern. Barca spent 120m on bench players and even still none of whom are world class. We're not at that level yet. Barca doesn't have proper backups for Iniesta, Messi, Suarez etc, neither Madrid for Ronaldo, Modric even Casemiro etc..

It's true that we have had some injury issues in midfield (aside from Marchisio obviously), more so than the other teams but it's not like we have poor players to rely on either (apart from Hernanes...). But you can't just expect to have replacements good enough to start in every position in case some random injuries happens to 3 starting midfielders. That could happen to any team and is very unlikely. I'm not saying that we couldn't use another midfielder i.e. Witsel but I doubt having an extra CM will be the thing that makes or breaks the season.

Regardless, there weren't even that many good quality CMs available anyway. By the time Pogba was sold all the 'best' options on the market like Andre Gomes, Kante, Krychowiak and Gundogan were already sold.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
All the top top teams are able to keep their players because those players won't want to go anywhere else. Forcing players to stay who are clearly looking a way out of the club is such a provisional club move suits well clubs like Zenit but Juventus is bigger that that.
That's a lié in so Many levels that I ain't sure you are for real.

Mascherano in Farca. Rooney in Manu. Lewa in BM.

Top teams could said you know what fuck you, fuck what you want and fuck the other top team, you have a three year contract with me and I can benched you for Ever and fuck your career sooooo can we be profesional about It?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)