Rate Juve's mercato (1 Viewer)

Rate our mercato

Results are only viewable after voting.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
my expectations for a 10/10 mercato would have been:
- pogba staying (he's a giant brand himself, would attract bandwagoners from around the world, and the club needs those in order to make it to the next level financially)
- the other key players like bonucci or dybala staying
- hernanes, pereyra leaving and quality players arriving
- the starter midfielders should match at least the quality of last year's khedira-marchisio-pogba trio
- morata staying
- same squad for the cl and serie a

what i liked:
we sold pogba and replaced him with pjanic, i'm fine with that. pjanic is probably the best player we could get to the midfield.
real recompra'd morata, and while i miss him, higuain is a better player.
pereyra and zaza left for decent money, and i even rate the isla deal.
benatia is pure class for chips.
alves is great, even with his high salary and age
lemina :tup:
pjaca was expensive, and as he stated yesterday, he'd prefer to play as a winger, but allegri will make use of him.
cuadrado :sheik:
we kept everybody we could, including rugani.

what i didn't like:
the midfield is fragile. we needed a pogba and a marchisio replacement. pjanic can play instead of either players, but we failed to sign an other quality midfielder. the deadline day sagas are just annoying and this needs to be addressed. also, there were some quality mids on the market who eventually changed clubs, like xhaka, gündogan, mkhi, even diawara, and either of them could have made this squad absolutely complete.

overall, our depth is just crazy, but our starter midfield, our best subs and their injury record make it weaker compared to the one in the cl final. beppe did a much better job than last year, and if he was able to sign a classy midfielder, or just keep pogba for an other year, i'd easily rate this mercato a 10/10. if the deadline day witsel deal went through, i'd give a 9/10. beppe said way back in may that the midfield surely needs some work during the summer due to marchisio's injury - he had 3,5 months to resolve the situation, and he didn't. so despite all the great efforts, it's only a 7/10 for me. it's way better than last year's 5/10 and we were freaking strong last year, so i'm not too worried. it's still great job from the big man, probably our 2nd best post-calciopoli summer mercato.

:beppe:

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Suarez is definitely a CF and we're talking about Juventus here. It should fit in here, not at Barcelona who have a completely different wat of playing. You're comparing completely different things with each others.
it's not like we can only fit CF's in our team lol. my point is we could've signed better and/or younger players for 90m spent on Higuain, not that we could've signed better/younger CF's, stop focusing on player positions so much. for example, Griezmann in my eyes is a better signing than Higuain and I don't care if he's not a CF, Messi isn't either, but I hope you wouldnt take Higuain over him? Allegri himself said give me good players and I'll make them fit together, I just think that we didn't get the best player we could have got for 90m. best available CF? maybe, but that's not the only possible improvement for this team.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Why is younger such an important factor?

This fascination with potential and young guys is a bit annoying.

Jun 6, 2015
Napoli payed something close to 40 for Higuain 3 years ago, yes he scored a lot for them, but come on, it's not like he did not have a good scoring record back then, why would his value suddenly be twice as much when he is considerably older?

Bale moved for 100m and hasn't exactly lived up to the expectations, I am sure Real Madrid would think hard about an offer of 70m and probably happily sell for 90m.
Neymar is pretty unrealistic, yes.
Prices in general have gone up considerably from 2013 you can't use them as a guideline when valuing a player nowadays. Even transfermarkt values Higuain at €65M and they are fairly conservative in their valuations usually. Those things you said about Bale are completely false as well and just show the lack of understanding of current realistic valuations for players.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
it's not like we can only fit CF's in our team lol. my point is we could've signed better and/or younger players for 90m spent on Higuain, not that we could've signed better/younger CF's, stop focusing on player positions so much. for example, Griezmann in my eyes is a better signing than Higuain and I don't care if he's not a CF, Messi isn't either, but I hope you wouldnt take Higuain over him?
If you want a CF, you don't buy a SS. That's the starting point of every transfer; think what you need. Buying players for the sake of their name is stupid Premier League stuff and is not how a football team works. I suggest you read how Paratici and Marotta do their business in the interview Paratici gave.

Jun 6, 2015
it's not like we can only fit CF's in our team lol. my point is we could've signed better and/or younger players for 90m spent on Higuain, not that we could've signed better/younger CF's, stop focusing on player positions so much. for example, Griezmann in my eyes is a better signing than Higuain and I don't care if he's not a CF, Messi isn't either, but I hope you wouldnt take Higuain over him? Allegri himself said give me good players and I'll make them fit together, I just think that we didn't get the best player we could have got for 90m. best available CF? maybe, but that's not the only possible improvement for this team.
Again not true at all. You are just making things up as you go bringing unrealistic players into the discussion.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
If you want a CF, you don't buy a SS. That's the starting point of every transfer; think what you need. Buying players for the sake of their name is stupid Premier League stuff and is not how a football team works.
Do you think we signed Higuain because we needed a CF? I dont. We already had a bunch of CF's who were good enough, we signed Higuain because he was better than what we had not because we needed a CF so much.

Jun 6, 2015
If you want a CF, you don't buy a SS. That's the starting point of every transfer; think what you need. Buying players for the sake of their name is stupid Premier League stuff and is not how a football team works.
Most if not all people agreed that CF was where we could improve the most before the transfer window started. Now we have bought the second best player in that position by overpaying €10-20M and somehow that is now a bad move. I really don't get some people.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you think we signed Higuain because we needed a CF? I dont. We already had a bunch of CF's who were good enough, we signed Higuain because he was better than what we had not because we needed a CF so much.
CF was the main position to strengthen during this summer which was a widely agreed opinion on this forum.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Most if not all people agreed that CF was where we could improve the most before the transfer window started. Now we have bought the second best player in that position by overpaying €10-20M and somehow that is now a bad move. I really don't get some people.

- - - Updated - - -

CF was the main position to strengthen during this summer which was a widely agreed opinion on this forum.
If you are talking about forum evaluations, go to Higuain transfer thread at the beginning of July and read poster evaluations of how much he should cost before we got him, I don't think you'll find many that thought 70, 80 or 90m is a good idea.

Jun 6, 2015
If you are talking about forum evaluations, go to Higuain transfer thread at the beginning of July and read poster evaluations of how much he should cost before we got him, I don't think you'll find many that thought 70, 80 or 90m is a good idea.
I doubt there were many who thought that 45 is realistic either as it's not. Most would happily had paid €70M I'm sure as it's cheap for a player of his caliber nowadays.

Anyways your views are so far from reality that I doubt we can find a common ground on this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)