Rate Juve's Mercato (1 Viewer)

As per thread title

Results are only viewable after voting.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
A generous rating of 6/10, because some of the signings are dynamic players that will make the team more technical/quicker. But how we only got Licht for a defence that was basically 2nd worst or so in the league, at home games, is so fucking retarded. Plus not offloading dead weight and the biggiest mistake of all, hiring a total rookie, yet again, as our coach, most vital decision of all. Makes me wanna half my rating to 3/10...
Yes, I forgot about Conte. That makes my 6 a 5.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Players in: 7.5/10
Players out: 3/10
Overall squad: 6.5/10
My assessment exactly.

Marotta didn't do a bad job this time it has to be said. He is no Moggi, but I think we have strengthened the team significantly.

Lichsteiner, Vidal, and Pirlo were the best transfers. Elia is exciting but a tad risky especially given his attitude. Vucinic is an OK transfer - can't say it was bad.

Failure to land a center back is my biggest criticism. Our defense was by far the biggest weakness. We addressed part of that with Lichsteiner but would have liked to have seen 2 quality center backs with Bonucci moving away with one of those center backs also being capable of playing as a full back.

Iaquinta, Amauri, & Grosso not leaving is perhaps not Marotta's fault to be fair.....there were clubs interested at least for the first 2 but the players just stubbornly don't want to leave and Grosso is impossible - he is paid too well and no-one wants him. Grosso has basically decided to retire while still getting paid on his contract. We are still trying to fix those Secco disasters.

If Bonucci and De Ceglie play better this season - which is really crucial....then we should do well.

I think if Juve can be in the top 5 within striking distance of top 3 by January.....hopefully we can use a lot of cash on the market to push for a top 3.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
How are we fine? We are gambling with yet another unproven coach, yet again barely improved a defence that was a joke last two seasons, except for Licht. Went for quantity over quality in some key positions, and some of our good signings, we cant really replace whatsoever when we get the predictable injury crisis that we allways get. We are fine? Why are we allways naively hopeful in summers/start of seasons?

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
How are we fine? We are gambling with yet another unproven coach, yet again barely improved a defence that was a joke last two seasons, except for Licht. Went for quantity over quality in some key positions, and some of our good signings, we cant really replace whatsoever when we get the predictable injury crisis that we allways get. We are fine? Why are we allways naively hopeful in summers/start of seasons?
It just goes with supporting your team

I am naively hopeful of success even though deep down I know it will probably be 3 years of 7th.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Because it's too early to judge, hope for the best. :gsol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)