Ramadan Kareem!! (14 Viewers)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
i know for you americans Canada is the same thing as US. :lazy:

not yet a citizen
:wallbang:

I apologize... Didn't read your location... I always thought you lived in Boston... Don't know how I thought that... :confused:

epitaph

Feb 16, 2004
it's nice to know that everybodies really happy to celebrates the month of Ramadhan. so i hope this fasting months will bring us joy and 'hidayah' into our life.

:D HAPPY RAMADHAN all!!

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
HAPPY RAMADHAN all!!
right back atchya! Hows everyone coping. Im finding it easy. I feel good and actually think that I can aviod bad temptations, but its still early

Yeah, We break our fast with dates and water too back in KSA, then pray maghrib, then start the main meal
:D I swear im getting fat who said fasting will help you lose weight.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
to those of you who don't actually know,there's more to ramadan than just fasting.

during the fasting period,followers are not supposed to use vulgarities,touch members of the opposite sex indecently or even be angry at someone/somthing.it's like the cleansing of a soul.:)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
what happens if you accidentally break your fast? (Not by eating of course, since that's a bit silly... but getting angry or swearing)

Jul 19, 2003
To the best of my knowledge: If you break it by accidentally eating or drinking, then you can ask for forgiveness and continue on for the rest of the day as if you're still fasting. If you get angry or swear, then you need to make that day up after Ramadan.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
isn't it easier to accidentally swear or get angry, than it is to accidentally eat? :)
Yes..... It helps a lot of people get over swearing and the like, which is something good....

I guess there's no harm if a person accidentaly eats... we're not trying to pure ourselves from our thirst or hunger. However, Ramadan is a form of purification from what's considered "not good" like swearing..etc. by promoting more self control which we want to last even after Ramadhan.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Amr ] ++
who accidentally eats? how actually? ;)

a person is allowed to take a medicine if he is ill ..
Yes.. it does happen.
For example, at school I'll be walking to class talking with someone and i'll see those drinking water fountain thingies and i'd drink spme water forgetting that i'm fasting. It's not uncommon at all... i'm sure you experienced something like that...

These situations are quite funney actually... if you do drink accidentaly, you have people starring at you in shock and you'll be like "what are you looking at?"
then of course it dawns on you :embarass: and everyone starts laughing...

and yes Amr, if you're sick and you need medication, then it's recommended that you break your fast and just make up that day sometime after ramadan..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)