Ramadan Kareem!! (4 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Yeah, Croats obviously feel at home in Iran. They always complain about the Arab countries where they're coaching. There is some bad smell all over the towns that they can't stand. And apparently the folks there are closeminded.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Yeah, Croats obviously feel at home in Iran. They always complain about the Arab countries where they're coaching. There is some bad smell all over the towns that they can't stand. And apparently the folks there are closeminded.
i dont think people can generalize about these things to be honest. yeah sure we have close minded people in the arab world ( they do exist) but i'm sure there are open -minded people too, the same way there are bad arabs and very nice arabs who will do anything to show a lot of hospitality to other people. sure Iranians are nice people and i build this opinion from encountering Iranians when i'm in Mecca where usually when i go they r the biggest population.

i've been to two different arab nations other than my home country and i can tell u that u cant generalize and say all arabs are bad and less nice bec they r sunni or all arab's are genuinely nice people bec they r sunni. in every group/race/religion etc there is good and bad its how life works. in croatia i'm sure there are nice people like your self and Valtko for instance and bad indivuals. thats how it works. im sure not every one in iran is as nice as hoori either.

they prefer iran to the arab world thats there right but not bec people in the arab world are evil or nasty or bec the smell is wierd.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
What? I thought Shia's were the more extreme Muslims. In Sweden, the Shia Muslims are the more strict. They are the once who refuse to shake other womens hands and do all those kind of strict Muslim things.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Everyone is supposed to be fasting in Iran. Swimming pools, restaurants and coffee-shops are all closed before iftar and league games are played after iftar even though most of players don't fast. Zlatko Kranjcar while being Persepolis coach was asked why he didn't play Hawar Mulla Mohammed (Persepolis Iraqi player) and he said because he was fasting all day long, indirectly claiming that none of Iranian players in the team was fasting :lol: And you know what, they fined Kranjcar :lol:

Forza Hawar. The only non Shiite Iraqi playing in Iran.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

If they do good jobs, maybe people will be more welcoming. I don't think people here are very fond of Eastern Europeans, the general impression is that all that region has had to offer this part of the world is hookers and prostitutes :D

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
If they do good jobs, maybe people will be more welcoming. I don't think people here are very fond of Eastern Europeans, the general impression is that all that region has had to offer this part of the world is hookers and prostitutes :D
Those are ex-USSR girls. We have them here too. Personally I don't know people who lived in the Arab world. I'm talking about coaches and football players who went there and left asap. Since those same coaches and players successfully worked and work in other, much more developed countries football-wise, I wouldn't say that it's the big demands of Arab football that forced them to leave. They simply couldn't stand the life there. And the air.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Those are ex-USSR girls. We have them here too. Personally I don't know people who lived in the Arab world. I'm talking about coaches and football players who went there and left asap. Since those same coaches and players successfully worked and work in other, much more developed countries football-wise, I wouldn't say that it's the big demands of Arab football that forced them to leave. They simply couldn't stand the life there. And the air.

In all fairness, coaches here don't get much of a chance, if you don't succeed in the first few months, clubs here will sack you and find a replacement immediately. Money is never a problem for clubs. A coach needs time to work, they don't get that time over here.

I don't imagine a Westerner will exactly enjoy life here in Sharjah. But it serves him right for coming to a place he probably knew beforehand what it was like, but he still came for the money. So i think you're right that they simply couldn't stand life over here. But i don't understand, what do you mean by the air?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Only 1 or 2 of the Croatian coaches worked in UAE. I'm talking Arab world in general where with the exception of Dragan Talajic and Rodion Gacanin (Who is now called Hamid by the Arabs :sergio:) all the others left after less than a season. And most of those actually had a good career before and after that (Ilija Loncarevic, Ivic, Kranjcar, Begovic, Bonacic, Juricic, Mirko Jozic, Tucak, Mato Stankovic, Peruzovic, Matosic, Radojcic, Katalinic, Buljan etc).

I don't know what they mean by "the air". In that video I posted above Kranjcar said that "there was something in the air" that he couldn't stand in UAE.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Only 1 or 2 of the Croatian coaches worked in UAE. I'm talking Arab world in general where with the exception of Dragan Talajic and Rodion Gacanin (Who is now called Hamid by the Arabs :sergio:) all the others left after less than a season. And most of those actually had a good career before and after that (Ilija Loncarevic, Ivic, Kranjcar, Begovic, Bonacic, Juricic, Mirko Jozic, Tucak, Mato Stankovic, Peruzovic, Matosic, Radojcic, Katalinic, Buljan etc).

I don't know what they mean by "the air". In that video I posted above Kranjcar said that "there was something in the air" that he couldn't stand in UAE.
Well where would they work other than the UAE, Saudi Arabia or Qatar. I doubt they've worked in any other region than the Gulf.

As for them having a better career, i don't find that surprising, like i said, this regions clubs aren't clubs where a manager can show his worth. You get little time, and clubs mentalities here are shit, they change coaches 4-5 times a year. Unless you're a really top class coach ala Gerets, Metsu, Cosmin etc, you probably won't stay at a club for long.

As for him not liking the air here, well i don't know much about that.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
There isn't room for 100 Million Irish on this Island so we emigrated to even bigger shitholes.
Nay, fuckers came here for the money.

Seriously though, yesterday i went to Dubai to watch Arsenal's game, and the place has become filled with Europeans. Fucks sake, we need some ethnic cleansing in here.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Some of them worked in Tunisia and Libya. Loncarevic managed the Libyan NT and one of them is also in Libya (he still is, I think). Some worked in Yemen, Kuwait and Bahrain. Almost all over the Arab world.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Some of them worked in Tunisia and Libya. Loncarevic managed the Libyan NT and one of them is also in Libya (he still is, I think). Some worked in Yemen, Kuwait and Bahrain. Almost all over the Arab world.
:lol: Libya?

Oh i can seriously understand why he'd hate life in Libya :D

But i doubt he'd say the people were unfriendly there. For all my country's negatives, perhaps the one positive we have is how hospitable and nice Libyans generally are.

I've met a few Westerners who work/worked in Libya, and they tell me straight up, that it was one of the hardest times in their life(no alchohol, no pubs, no night clubs, nothing), but people were nice, so it made things a little easier.

But Morocco, Tunisia, Lebanon, countries like these, i think Westerners won;'t have a problem living/working there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)