Ramadan Kareem!! (10 Viewers)

Apr 12, 2004
i heard this same debate with some freinds of mine, but it was over nicolas anelka and his poor performance due to apparently fasting, it's hard to say, i remember freddie kanoute explained he was fasting, yet it didn't have too much of an impact on his playing, also kolo toure, so it can come down to the individual, i myself have played in football games while fasting and fought in amatuer boxing matches, i found it harder but i was still able to perform well, there could be other reasons for sissoko not plaiyng well, but fasting could be a factor
That could have just as much to do with their playing style and position as it does their bodies.

IE - Sissoko runs a lot and Anelka walks half the damn game.

OBJECTIVE: Ramadan is a period of daylight abstention from liquid or solid nutrients. As sports continue to be scheduled, an understanding of the effects of Ramadan on Muslim athletes is warranted. DESIGN: Two Algerian professional soccer teams (55 men) were studied. Field tests of physical and soccer performance were collected before, at the end and 2 weeks after Ramadan in 2004. Players were queried on sleeping habits and personal perception of training and match performance. SETTING: Field setting at club training ground. MAIN OUTCOME MEASURES: Performance on fitness and skill tests. RESULTS: Performance declined significantly (p<0.05) for speed, agility, dribbling speed and endurance, and most stayed low after the conclusion of Ramadan. Nearly 70% of the players thought that their training and performance were adversely affected during the fast. CONCLUSIONS: The phase shift of food intake and disruption of sleep patterns affect actual and perceived physical performance. Islamic athletes need to explore strategies that will maximise performance during Ramadan.

This might interest some of you. And I still don't care about monks who are in a completely different situation doing things that aren't even remotely similar.
More ownage.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
For all you know it, he might not even be fasting. Just some media messing that is.

Thing is, I doubt the eating part is so important. He can have all the food he wants as soon as he breaks fast. Eat more than usual. Grab some energy drinks and make up for all the calories he lost during his fast.

The concerning area would have to be dehydration.
The eating part is very important for his performance as well. The dehydration issue are not only important for his performance, but also pose a health risk.

Apr 12, 2004
For all you know it, he might not even be fasting. Just some media messing that is.

Thing is, I doubt the eating part is so important. He can have all the food he wants as soon as he breaks fast. Eat more than usual. Grab some energy drinks and make up for all the calories he lost during his fast.

The concerning area would have to be dehydration.
The point is that to mess with one's diet like that is horrid for the body.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
I agree with Seven here, I don't care about superficial beliefs, If I had a worker and if he makes harm for my company because of Ramadan, then I would give him a rest/vacation for that period, I don't want to lose because of him. Sissoko didn't harm much, but it could be worse than that if the opponent was different. At least Sissoko should refuse taking the wages of this month, that way I will respect his belief. btw, if I am not mistaken, Sissoko can fast later, at the league break or even Summer if he has to according to his religion, correct me if I am wrong

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
The point is that to mess with one's diet like that is horrid for the body.
Yes it is and there's plenty of scientific information that says the Ramadan hurts soccer players. Senor Canardo simply wants to be the ass that he can be by claiming that nothing can ever be fact.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Oh, but I'm a big fan of his and will stay so regardless of all this stuff. I just don't think he should play while being an ass. Marchisio does take care of his body these days, so he deserves to play ahead of Sissoko. Imagine Gazza showing up drunk right before the game. Would you play him?

The real issue here is the FACT muslims have a hard time being the least bit rational when it comes to their religion. Being an alcoholic or fasting is the same bloody thing if you look at it from a team perspective. Juventus do not have to accept Sissoko's behaviour because it's his religion. I could found my own bloody religion and do just about everything I would like to and get away with it if that principle were to be okay.

well well well all is clear now, at least back then you came out with your agenda first

Oh and burke, i wonder if bayern was fasting this weekend

Apr 12, 2004
I agree with Seven here, I don't care about superficial beliefs, If I had a worker and if he makes harm for my company because of Ramadan, then I would give him a rest/vacation for that period, I don't want to lose because of him. Sissoko didn't harm much, but it could be worse than that if the opponent was different. At least Sissoko should resfuse taking the wages of this month, that way I will respect his belief. btw, if I am not msitakes, Sissoko can fast later, at the league break or even Summer if he has to according to his religion, correct me if I am worng
Read Turk's post in my long-quote post.

Yes it is and there's plenty of scientific information that says the Ramadan hurts soccer players. Senor Canardo simply wants to be the ass that he can be by claiming that nothing can ever be fact.
Word...

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
OBJECTIVE: Ramadan is a period of daylight abstention from liquid or solid nutrients. As sports continue to be scheduled, an understanding of the effects of Ramadan on Muslim athletes is warranted. DESIGN: Two Algerian professional soccer teams (55 men) were studied. Field tests of physical and soccer performance were collected before, at the end and 2 weeks after Ramadan in 2004. Players were queried on sleeping habits and personal perception of training and match performance. SETTING: Field setting at club training ground. MAIN OUTCOME MEASURES: Performance on fitness and skill tests. RESULTS: Performance declined significantly (p<0.05) for speed, agility, dribbling speed and endurance, and most stayed low after the conclusion of Ramadan. Nearly 70% of the players thought that their training and performance were adversely affected during the fast. CONCLUSIONS: The phase shift of food intake and disruption of sleep patterns affect actual and perceived physical performance. Islamic athletes need to explore strategies that will maximise performance during Ramadan.

This might interest some of you. And I still don't care about monks who are in a completely different situation doing things that aren't even remotely similar.
Source?

IlDivinCodino

f**king hot prospect
Mar 5, 2006
It has pretty much been made clear by you guys. Undeniable that is. Its not really that difficult to gather the message which has been trying to be conveyed around here.

As long as fasting doesn't affect someone's performance, a professional footballer who is required to dedicate himself seeing that it's been made as a career for him, then it no problem at all.

Thus whatever it is, Sissoko has all for himself to be blamed for a shity performance and not because of this Ramadhan excuse or whatever.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
well well well all is clear now, at least back then you came out with your agenda first

I came up with scientific articles. I was being rational. You on the other hand have come up with jibbrish and are now trying to label me anti-muslim to gain the upper hand in an argument you have so obviously lost.

Apr 12, 2004

Nah, we just blew, but I'm glad we blew, and I hope we continue to blow because I want both of those wops off the team (especially that joke 4-Zeros), Jansen back, Lucio gone, Podolski to start, Lahm/Schweinsteiger as captains, and Klinsmann where he belongs, California.

IlDivinCodino

f**king hot prospect
Mar 5, 2006
Seven dear

fasting will do him more good than harm

and its "scentifically-proven"

and yeah, i agree with Bes

:)
:lol:

How so? Makes him tougher in time? Health stuff? There won't be those balanced diet crap with those sufficient carbs, protein etc and water thingy going on. Everybody should fast all the time since its the best for all.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Easy solution. Just like we did at club and when I was in high school. During Ramadan bring the Muslims off the bench, unless it's an evening match then have a team dinner at sundown.

This case isn't the fault of Sissoko. It is in the hands of Ranieri. I believe the phrase is called "making adjustments". He knows Momo is a muslim and practices Ramadan. There are things Ranieri can do to help Momo out. Give him reduced time and bring him off the bench. Especially against weaker opponents.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Read Turk's post in my long-quote post.
DA! I know that, but he can also not fast the whole month (he needs to be fit in trainings as well) if he has to, and do in on summer, or winter break. He should respect the club for paying him all these money.

Apr 12, 2004
Easy solution. Just like we did at club and when I was in high school. During Ramadan bring the Muslims off the bench, unless it's an evening match then have a team dinner at sundown.

This case isn't the fault of Sissoko. It is in the hands of Ranieri. I believe the phrase is called "making adjustments". He knows Momo is a muslim and practices Ramadan. There are things Ranieri can do to help Momo out. Give him reduced time and bring him off the bench. Especially against weaker opponents.
BUT FASTING DOESN'T HURT PERFORMANCE!

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
:lol:

How so? Makes him tougher in time? Health stuff? There won't be those balanced diet crap with those sufficient carbs, protein etc and water thingy going on. Everybody should fast all the time since its the best for all.
I think she meant Allah will make some magic and will award him some superman powers at match time, just like the cartoons.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

The problem is with the other players. I think Sissoko should be benched as he is not being a professional. If you allow him to start, you're basically saying it's acceptable to act unprofessionally.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)