Ramadan Kareem!! (13 Viewers)

OP
Asma

Asma

Doctor Asma
Oct 21, 2003
  • Thread Starter #568
    Ramadan Kareeem everyone :)

Med school huh.. I have graduated 2 years ago. Now its the struggle of the postgrad studies :vinny:

Good luck with your studies :)

How many years is your program?
    Hey

Seriously ? Wow :D

Its a 5 year programme + 1 year foundation and an internship

How about you ? where'd you study medicine ?

And how is it ? Cuz iam dying here !! :cry:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    I hear, Sissoko is fasting too eh. Respect.
    Then I don't want to see him anywhere near the squad. If he refuses to take proper care of his body, like any football player should, Ranieri should not take the obvious risk of playing him.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    Oh spare us the dramatics Seven. Plenty of athletes have fasted in the past and Sissoko won't be the last. Hakeem Olajuwon fasted for as long as I can remember and nothing happened to him.

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

Oh spare us the dramatics Seven. Plenty of athletes have fasted in the past and Sissoko won't be the last. Hakeem Olajuwon fasted for as long as I can remember and nothing happened to him.
    True that. And he's probably fasted his enitre life so his body is used to it. Not like he's started yesterday, than a risk could be potential.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    What do you mean nothing happened to him? I'm fairly confident that Sissoko won't die on the pitch because of the fasting. What I am worried about is that his performance obviously drops. To perform at any level of football you need to drink and eat well. Performing at the highest level of football while fasting is simply insane. It might be a cruel world, but IMO Sissoko has to choose: either he follows his religion and is benched or he acts like a professional and takes proper care of his body.

True that. And he's probably fasted his enitre life so his body is used to it. Not like he's started yesterday, than a risk could be potential.
    You're being fooled by Ze. It's not about potential risks. It's about his performance. Which will drop. A lot of you guys might be muslim, but I think science is pretty solid on this one.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    if it came down to that, he'd probably take the first option. its not like there will be a shortage of clubs that would want to sign him.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    if it came down to that, he'd probably take the first option. its not like there will be a shortage of clubs that would want to sign him.
    That's fine by me. I just don't think someone who says he does not want to take care of his body because of personal reasons should play for Juventus (at least not until he does act like a pro). If he was an alcoholic it would be an outrage, but because it's his "religion" it's all okay. It's bloody obvious he's not going to be as good as he can be while fasting. Surely this whole fasting thing is spinning out of control.

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

You're being fooled by Ze. It's not about potential risks. It's about his performance. Which will drop. A lot of you guys might be muslim, but I think science is pretty solid on this one.
    I'm not muslim, I'm atheist. But I don't agree, I think his body is used to it already and he as professional athlete can keep his condition at top level, even during this period. He wouldn't play if that wasn't the case. Lack of condition would be visible during training, let alone official matches.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)