Ivan Rakitic!!! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
how can you judge unknown player
I've never seen him play and heard for him maybe once, and now you tell me how someone can tell that Almirion or Frings will be bad signing if we want to be competative when we all saw them play and we all know their abilities.

If we reall signe Rakitic I think he will be loaned or he gonna sit on the bench. Although from what I saw on you tube hi might be good in one-two season when he get expirience of playing Serie A. Btw what position he plays I think CM or CAM ???

Buy on AliExpress.com

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
yeah .. if his name was Rakiticaldhino or something he would be playing at Barca I bet

but there are alot of generalizations made about players based on where they come from. If he is good we should sign him. It does not mean we will ignor our current youth teamers.

as for Giovincio I too think we should give him some games at the end of the season once we have won the league or secured promotion or whatever. That way we can see what he got, give him (and other youth teamers more experience) and also maby give our first teamers, DP, Nedved, Trez, Camo, Buffon an extended holiday (allowing them to be well rested and happy when they come back next season in the hunt for Inter)
It is great if we can sign players at 17/18 for a couple of million rather than spending 10m on them a couple of years later when they have proved themselves.

It is a gamble but just have to have faith in our scouting network.

Mar 30, 2006
It is great if we can sign players at 17/18 for a couple of million rather than spending 10m on them a couple of years later when they have proved themselves.

It is a gamble but just have to have faith in our scouting network.
yeah alot of teams do this with great success, Arsenal, Seville and Barca especially. The key is in finidng the right mix of young talents and top champions who are bought in their prime.

I think Arsenal, while having alot of potential, have completly ruined this balance. Mainly due to Wenger's arrognace and foolishness to think a team of talented 18-25 year olds can be champions. He sells all his senior players and this does not help the team stay competitive and grounded.

Seville and Barca on the other hand develop young players well and couple them with others they buy. Barca have brough up messi fantastically, same goes for Puyol, Xavi, Valdes, Ineista. You can't expect to grow your whole team from the youth sector though ...

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
Juventus eyeing Basle kid Rakitic
tribalfooball.com - April 17, 2007

Juventus are eyeing FC Basle midfielder Ivan Rakitic.

The 19 year-old has just over a year left on his contract and is valued at £1.5 million by his Swiss club.

We havent signed him

LEC

Sep 6, 2002
He is a promising Midfielder,and here the story ends :)

not a Juve material,not cuz of lack of potential but even if he arrives,he will not play ...

exactly. i saw him 3 or 4 times playing, hes good (good form in swiss axpo superleague), but no juve "material".

+ hes favourite team is barcelona, therefore he better moves to chelsea...

curi83

Aug 9, 2006
Scored twice this weekend. It seems that scouts has seen him playing this weekend and perhaps it could be a move to get him cheap because he has contract ends in 2008. It seems that we will buy him and loan him out

curi83

Aug 9, 2006
He would be not for free because perhaps the scouts dont want to loose him to another club but the transfer fee will be around 1 mil euro. not that much if u think about kuzmanovic's deal

Meath

Jan 14, 2007
Arsenal sign loads of unknown players. Nothing wrong with it! Every player is a unknown, or a small name till they go to a big club and make a name for themselves.

May 19, 2007
Juventus Join Inter In Rakitic Race
Juventus have joined Inter in the race to sign Schalke midfielder Ivan Rakitic, according to Tuttosport.

The 19-year-old is one of the hottest properties at the moment in the Bundesliga, having already established himself as a regular in Gelsenkirchen since signing from Basel in the summer.

It was already reported a few days ago that Inter sporting director Marco Branca had travelled to Germany to begin talks with Schalke over a possible move.

Rakitic has confirmed that the Nerazzurri want to sign him, and he has welcomed the interest.

“There has been contact with somebody and of course it is interesting,” he admitted.

“Inter are a big club you just can’t say no to.

“The decision lies with Schalke and we’ll have to see what develops, but at the moment I am fully focused on doing well where I am.”

Juventus however are ready to do battle with Inter for the €9m rated starlet. Liverpool are also said to be pondering making a move.

Rakitic was in action in midweek during Schalke’s 1-0 home Champions League last 16 first leg win over Porto.

Source: www.goal.com:flag3:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
We were very close to signing Ivan in the summer but we decided to quit at the last moment and we let Schalke take him. Now his price will be 5-10 times bigger.
Gazzetta even wrote that we bought him for 2m euro in the summer but nothing came out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)