Rafinha (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Sell Grygera !
Buy Rafinha ;)
If only... All these negative reports about the whole Rafinha-Juve situation worry me. It would've been one hell of a surprise, after basically all of us were pretty sure the mercato was over after Cáceres.

Having said that.. Grygera shouldn't be able to do much damage to our team anyway, as we have Zebina and Cáceres. Guess our need for a LB is much bigger.

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
Juve reconsider Rafinha Saturday 22 August, 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus claim their transfer campaign is over, but today newspapers suggest Rafinha and Fabio Grosso are back on the agenda.

The Bianconeri have strengthened considerably over the summer with the arrival of Felipe Melo, Diego and Fabio Cannavaro.

Yet friendlies showed some difficulties down the flanks and Jonathan Zebina’s fitness levels are still a mystery.

According to Turin-based newspaper Tuttosport, Juve are in talks to bring in a new full-back, preferably a versatile one who could work on either wing.

Lazio’s Lorenzo De Silvestri seems to have moved towards Fiorentina instead, so the prime candidate is Schalke 04 star Rafinha.

In Germany for four years, he has repeatedly rejected the offer of a contract renewal to stay at Schalke, so he would be available for £7m.

There is a hiccup, as Rafinha does not have an EU passport, so the club would need to sell one of their current crop to a side outside of Italy to free up a spot.
The other option is Grosso (pictured), whose future at Olympique Lyonnais is in doubt after repeated links with a return to Italy.

The 2006 World Cup winner is a left-back, so not as versatile as Rafinha, but he certainly brings experience.

It would also enable Juve to play almost the entire first choice defence for the Italy squad ahead of South Africa 2010, reuniting Grosso with Cannavaro and Giorgio Chiellini.

According to this article from the football-italia website juves non eu players allocation is full, so i was saying once amauri receives his italian passport he will no longer be considered a non eu player thus leaving a vacancy for rafinha's arrival

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
That article is old (from 3 days ago) and already discussed. And no, i already said that football-italia are wrong and that such rule doesn't exist.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
so realistically, there is zero chance of acquiring the services of rafinha, due to the fact that we are already full, legally, of non eu players? And do those rules include players whose registration is in our hands, but who are out on loan at other clubs, like Almiron, for example? what are the rules exactly regarding non-eu players? Certain amount signed per season, or certain amount allowed in the squad at one time? One sold, before one can be brought in? I only have a vague idea about it from my football manager days...

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
so realistically, there is zero chance of acquiring the services of rafinha, due to the fact that we are already full, legally, of non eu players? And do those rules include players whose registration is in our hands, but who are out on loan at other clubs, like Almiron, for example? what are the rules exactly regarding non-eu players? Certain amount signed per season, or certain amount allowed in the squad at one time? One sold, before one can be brought in? I only have a vague idea about it from my football manager days...
Read what Alen said

That article is old (from 3 days ago) and already discussed. And no, i already said that football-italia are wrong and that such rule doesn't exist.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
There is no such thing as Non EU restriction based on the amount of ones you have on the squad, not sure how one cant get it after all these years as a follower of the league. Unless there has been a change for this season to restrict it some more (like having sell one to buy another as the article claim, Italian football is getting nationalistic a bit with murmurs of foreigners by coaches, prolific figures etc, so its possible might been a change), the rule is simply a restriction of signing two non EU players per season from abroad. Zero restricton on how many you can sign from other italian teams (to Serie B level, not sure, but dont think Serie C are allowed foreigners).

So you can basically have lots of them in the team, doesnt stop you from signing 2 per season from overseas. There used to be different rules that got changed start of this millenia, was too much fake passports to say the least. Italian football, and Italy in general, seems to want to take the easy advantageous route to everything, but the passport stuff was a farce nontheless.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
There is no such thing as Non EU restriction based on the amount of ones you have on the squad, not sure how one cant get it after all these years as a follower of the league. Unless there has been a change for this season to restrict it some more (like having sell one to buy another as the article claim, Italian football is getting nationalistic a bit with murmurs of foreigners by coaches, prolific figures etc, so its possible might been a change), the rule is simply a restriction of signing two non EU players per season from abroad. Zero restricton on how many you can sign from other italian teams (to Serie B level, not sure, but dont think Serie C are allowed foreigners).

So you can basically have lots of them in the team, doesnt stop you from signing 2 per season from overseas. There used to be different rules that got changed start of this millenia, was too much fake passports to say the least. Italian football, and Italy in general, seems to want to take the easy advantageous route to everything, but the passport stuff was a farce nontheless.
I thought the rule about signing 2 non-EU players from abroad had been scrapped?

In Serie B you can't/couldn't sign any non-EU players from abroad.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
I had an inkling that there was a gentleman's agreement between the clubs in Italy, regarding non-eu players...but I guess I have not be given reason to think about it for many years.

Legally, I have an idea of what is allowed, as movement of non-EU workers is restricted only by Work Permits, NOT a limit on businesses (clubs) on how many non-EU players they can employ...With different countries adopting individual agreements with each other, sometimes, in order to help maintain a strong DOMESTIC product, e.g. keeping the top teams forced to field a certain number of home grown players, to help aid the national team...And I was unsure, if such an agreement was in place in Italy. An Agreement between clubs, not european legal statutes...

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
Juve, c'è l'offerta per Rafinha

26.08.2009 11.05 di Andrea Losapio articolo letto 6670 volte

Una maglia bianconera per Rafinha?
La Juventus vuole fare le cose in grande. Almeno stando a quanto riportato oggi dal quotidiano sportivo tedesco Bild, che ha intervistato l'allenatore dello Schalke04, Felix Magath. Il tecnico ha parlato di un'offerta bianconera di circa otto milioni per il cartellino di Rafinha, terzino brasiliano in forza alla società di Gelsenkirchen. Offerta concreta quindi per il giocatore, che piace molto alla dirigenza bianconera anche per una questione prettamente anagrafica: Rafinha compirà ventiquattro anni il prossimo sette di settembre e potrebbe coprire la fascia destra della Juventus per molti anni a venire

Translation plz

Tutto mercato

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
ok it says magath has said there has been an offer for rafinha from juve of around 8ml, it says also its a concrete offer and rafinha is liked by the board at juve.
it says he turns 24 in september and could cover the right flank for years to come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)